Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#381 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Is there even one? I thought it was just the RAZR, and only recently the Bionic as well. You may want to check romdroidhacks, rootzwiki, or XDA

Thanks man. I'll keep looking.

Id say this is your best bet,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sorry to see you leave. You'll love the sgs3 though, it's a great device. I've never really seen another thread like mine but I think that's a result of circumstances.

Hopefully the two threads the guys pointed out will work for ya. If you are new to xda I'd try to stay away from there if possible due to their "one post every 5 mins" rule for noobs, which includes edits...

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#382 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hey Obsidian....I got a challenge for our Bionic community. I threw the details in the HoB thread, but, essentially we're going to get a JB leak in 6 or 7 weeks. What I wanna do in that time is make it easy for a "n00b" to become proficient enough to become a productive HoB user so they can SAFELY play with new leaks and not overwhelm me with basic support issues. I want to put together tutorials, links, videos, whatever we can think of to take a n00b and get them to a level of knowledge and comfort that they can, if motivated to go through the "boot camp", become advanced members of the community and self sufficient. Since you're the gate keeper of all things Bionic, I figured you'd have a good handle on where I can point people for the types of knowledge they need to have. Basic stuff like what RSD is, how to install drivers, moto-fastboot tutorials, adb tutorials, what root is and how root exploits work, etc. I think if we can put this kind of info together we'd see a pretty awesome community form. We already have that, but, it wouldn't hurt to make some of this stuff more digestible and easier for people to find and consume. You in? :)

Non potest esse nisi unus

#383 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

This sounds Good I could always learn some more :)

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#384 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

We all can. And that's the whole idea is to make it easier to share our community knowledge. I've tried to do that through the HoB, but, I think I failed on that one. I simply made an automated way for people to IGNORE the knowledge and get themselves in trouble. LOL! I want to train people so they can rely on their own knowledge to get themselves out of a jam. Imagine a better trained community and how awesome that'd be. My goal has always been to share what was shared with me. My knowledge came from people who had more experience and knowledge than myself. Learning by asking questions, reading reading reading, oh, and reading. :) But to make all that knowledge available in a clear and concise boot camp would be awesome IMO.

#385 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

That would be great. I've been trying to learn more and getting more comfortable doing things. I feel I am in that place where I know enough to be dangerous but not to troubleshoot my way out. Definitely want to get past that stage before the leaks come out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#386 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

You're the exact type of user I'm targeting this for. Someone who's motivated enough to want to learn but just needs a helping hand putting all the pieces together. That's exactly what my goal is...to bring all the pieces together so people can become self sufficient.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka and Rootuser94 like this

#387 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

You're the exact type of user I'm targeting this for. Someone who's motivated enough to want to learn but just needs a helping hand putting all the pieces together. That's exactly what my goal is...to bring all the pieces together so people can become self sufficient.

Sounds like an excellent idea, i'm sure we all could learn something from it!

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#388 nine5raptor

nine5raptor

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationMO
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, Nexus 5, Moto X

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I never learned more than in the few days i had a bootlooping bionic. those 'oh crap' moments can be great motivators! oh, and shut down antivirus programs when using RSD!

#389 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

My experience was similar. I fried my bionic back in the good ole days when we got off the OTA path and there hadn't yet been a safe method created for returning. I was one of the first to try dd'ing a boot img so I could apply the update in recovery. Well I applied the wrong update and bricked my bionic. Timmy10shoes then created a new method for reapplying everything using RSD (and why I favor RSD to this day) and I was able to recover. I learned a TON from that episode. However, I'm thinking it'd be better for people to learn without the OMG PONIES! experience. :D

#390 jcwilliams

jcwilliams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

The op is just getting better and better. Nice write up. Should help some ppl if they read it lol

#391 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hey Obsidian....I got a challenge for our Bionic community. I threw the details in the HoB thread, but, essentially we're going to get a JB leak in 6 or 7 weeks. What I wanna do in that time is make it easy for a "n00b" to become proficient enough to become a productive HoB user so they can SAFELY play with new leaks and not overwhelm me with basic support issues. I want to put together tutorials, links, videos, whatever we can think of to take a n00b and get them to a level of knowledge and comfort that they can, if motivated to go through the "boot camp", become advanced members of the community and self sufficient. Since you're the gate keeper of all things Bionic, I figured you'd have a good handle on where I can point people for the types of knowledge they need to have. Basic stuff like what RSD is, how to install drivers, moto-fastboot tutorials, adb tutorials, what root is and how root exploits work, etc. I think if we can put this kind of info together we'd see a pretty awesome community form. We already have that, but, it wouldn't hurt to make some of this stuff more digestible and easier for people to find and consume. You in?

I think that sounds excellent brother. I am down to add in anything that people come up with. I think the best way is to have people make their own threads and videos that are uploaded to youtube that I can link to.
When those are ready I will make a new Subtitle with all of them included. I will put those links in a better position than they are now (say right below the tools and above the roms?) If we make good enough tutorials I could even add each link below its respective tool.

RSD LITE V5.7
(DOWNLOAD LINK HERE)
TUTORIAL/INFO LINKS HERE

Think that'll be the best way. Any other ideas? Please anyone who is willing to make one of these videos or tutorials do so and I promise I will add it to the OP. I'm sure you guys all know that Sam and I could make all of them but this would be a good time to show a little appreciation and effort and take over one of the items. This is for those of you that read this thread everyday and don't feel like you are a part of this community. Trust me when I say that if you create one of these you will quickly become a well known member of this great crew. If you are worried that you aren't knowledgeable enough get a hold of me through gtalk and I will walk you through it or you can at least show me what you've created and I will give you some constructive criticism.

Hope to hear from you all soon
Obsidian

Obsidiansemail@gmail.com

#392 jcwilliams

jcwilliams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'll be glad top make a video or something.... (Or try one never done it before lol) on something I know how to do very well that is so I can still support the video.
Is there a list I can pick from lol

#393 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Updated OP

Added Blurry_1.0 by eye_dea & Synergy Rom X Blur by Rootuser94

Updated IcarusHD v1.5 by T3T3droid and jp1044 & Eclipse v1.2.1

I'll look into the AOSP roms tonight and update OP asap

Obsidian

#394 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'll be glad top make a video or something.... (Or try one never done it before lol) on something I know how to do very well that is so I can still support the video.
Is there a list I can pick from lol

That's awesome, thanks

Just anything under the tools section should work. It's Sams idea so I'll let him lead the charge on this one :-)

#395 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Yea, I mean, I'm looking for stuff on the HoB specifically but any and all Bionic related videos are welcome. I need things like running through downloading and installing the HoB, executing things like the FXZ options (keep data and factory reset), how to add an update to the HoB, etc. Anything that can show a piece of functionality being used is great.

#396 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hopefully you all read this and get some piece of mind... If you were wondering about new aokp cm10 and cna builds here is your answer

@Hashcode0f Seeing a lot of: "is dev dead for my __" posts. and if its a droid 3, bionic, razr or droid 4 the answer is no. working on 4.2.1 #patience

#397 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Added Bootstrap Link back to OP due to requests... If you have already purchased the Bionic BS from the market you don't need this. That one also works perfectly fine with ICS.

You can use it to flash your stock rom slot (must do it before you install ssv3 or after you delete and uninstall ssv3)

#398 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hey Everyone...

Thread Update:

I hit up dubsx the other day to see if he was going to put out any themes for Eclipse 1.2.1 and luckily my asking motivated him to put a couple out. Dubsx doesn't even have a Bionic anymore so everyone make sure you at least thank him or throw him a few bucks.

I added a little Eclipse section at the top of the Blur Rom section. I added in both of Dubsx themes and a battery mod thread eye_dea posted (batt mods made by multiple people but eye_dea was the one who posted them) so toss out some thanks.

#399 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hey Everyone...

Thread Update:

I hit up dubsx the other day to see if he was going to put out any themes for Eclipse 1.2.1 and luckily my asking motivated him to put a couple out. Dubsx doesn't even have a Bionic anymore so everyone make sure you at least thank him or throw him a few bucks.

I added a little Eclipse section at the top of the Blur Rom section. I added in both of Dubsx themes and a battery mod thread eye_dea posted (batt mods made by multiple people but eye_dea was the one who posted them) so toss out some thanks.

thanks man, the support is appreciated!
and for the record, this is one of the most useful threads I've seen in my years on many forums, just an awesome resource...great job putting it together and maintaining it, Bionic community is lucky to have this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#400 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

THANKS!!! I've been half jonesing for some themes. Now that I know there are some, it's progressed to a full on obsessive need. Was afraid to try applying eye_dea's linked battery mods, because I wasn't entirely sure the compatibility with Eclipse was there either.

Now I have to see if I can nandroid/restore the stock slot in Safestrap v3, since that's where my Eclipse lives

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users