Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#561 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

The HoB has a reinstall option that mimics an FXZ...but yes, you will lose root.

• Obsidian and Int_Rnd_Pooka like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#562 Quadroller

Quadroller

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC
  • Current Device(s):MOTO DROID BIONIC-2

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Obsidian, What you have just said has been my plan all along. I by no means have the talent that you amazing developers have but if there's one thing I've learned is to be patient and READ!!! We Bionic users have plenty to play with. And this is just my opinion :-)
  • SamuriHL, Obsidian, Int_Rnd_Pooka and 2 others like this

#563 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

The HoB has a reinstall option that mimics an FXZ...but yes, you will lose root.

Shhhhh K.I.S.S.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#564 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Shhhhh K.I.S.S.

I spent months developing it so that it COULD be simple.  LMAO :D

• Int_Rnd_Pooka, kjens0815 and Staf_in_Wah like this

#565 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Obsidian, What you have just said has been my plan all along. I by no means have the talent that you amazing developers have but if there's one thing I've learned is to be patient and READ!!! We Bionic users have plenty to play with. And this is just my opinion :-)

Shhhhh K.I.S.S.

And the important thing to take from all this is that YOU WILL LOSE ROOT!! Even with HoB (If there's even a JB one yet, without an actual FXZ to utilize). Once you f&@# it up, you're done. Game over. No FXZ and no root exploit. And you WILL screw it up eventually, unless you're not the type to tweak a single thing with the stock ROM and only root to run certain apps that require it.

#566 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Relax about the FXZ.  We'll get that in a few days.  :)  So enough of that.  It's the lack of root exploit that is the problem.  It's being looked at but I have NO idea how soon or if ever.

#567 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'm patient. But even WITH root exploit and an FXZ, I don't know what the benefit would be over sticking with the kexec builds

#568 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

The latest SS will allow you to take a backup of your stock and flash it to a slot.  :)  Consider how powerful THAT concept is.

• brainwash1, Int_Rnd_Pooka, herrsmoothe and 2 others like this

#569 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

The latest SS will allow you to take a backup of your stock and flash it to a slot.   :)  Consider how powerful THAT concept is.

There's a version out newer than 3.11? And that's NICE. You can theoretically restore system only from a nandroid to get Root back

#570 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Lol... I know Sam and you did a good job, too good, and that's the problem. Only 20% of us know what we are doing because the process has become too automated and fixable. It makes people not appreciate the complexity of what is going on. I had an in length conversation with one of top 3 devs for our phone and he told me that he hasn't received a donation in 6 months. He doesn't ask for them but they always came. He wasn't complaining about the money but about the complaining. People are complaining to him about everything all while not donating to the cause to fix the issues they had. I mean honestly who wants to make something for free that gets complained about full time without any thx. It all roots back to simplicity and always having someone else around to fix their mess

• Int_Rnd_Pooka and kjens0815 like this

#571 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Lol... I know Sam and you did a good job, too good, and that's the problem. Only 20% of us know what we are doing because the process has become too automated and fixable. It makes people not appreciate the complexity of what is going on. I had an in length conversation with one of top 3 devs for our phone and he told me that he hasn't received a donation in 6 months. He doesn't ask for them but they always came. He wasn't complaining about the money but about the complaining. People are complaining to him about everything all while not donating to the cause to fix the issues they had. I mean honestly who wants to make something for free that gets complained about full time without any thx. It all roots back to simplicity and always having someone else around to fix their mess

Crap....did I ruin our community?  :(

• Obsidian and Int_Rnd_Pooka like this

#572 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

No, you made it more accessible. And with a greater userbase, the number of people complaining goes up, even if the percentage of complainers stays constant.

Doesn't explain the donations, though. I'd blame the economy, but it isn't hard to come up with five bucks every once in a while

• Obsidian likes this

#573 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Crap....did I ruin our community? :(

Yup lol. Nah it's like trying to talk about the good ol'days or how the new generation doesn't know the value of a dollar... It's pointless... They got spoiled from the get go so they don't value the work that is being done.

No, you made it more accessible. And with a greater userbase, the number of people complaining goes up, even if the percentage of complainers stays constant.

Doesn't explain the donations, though. I'd blame the economy, but it isn't hard to come up with five bucks every once in a while

And they don't understand the concept of donations...

#574 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

I will agree with that 100%.  Donation != expectations.  It drives me fucking insane when I see people "well I donated so where's xyz".  You DONATED...you didn't BUY a service.  A donation is something that says "hey, here's some $$$ cause I appreciate your work".  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Making a donation doesn't entitle the donator to jack shit.  I think that concept's been lost.  Especially when it comes to root exploits.

• hadeshorn9, herrsmoothe, BigEdd and 1 other like this

#575 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

I will agree with that 100%.  Donation != expectations.  It drives me f%$king insane when I see people "well I donated so where's xyz".  You DONATED...you didn't BUY a service.  A donation is something that says "hey, here's some $$$ cause I appreciate your work".  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Making a donation doesn't entitle the donator to jack $#!+.  I think that concept's been lost.  Especially when it comes to root exploits.

Bounties have helped ruined that, I think

#576 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

FXZ for 98.72.22 is up.  Find links in my HoB download page.

• milski65, geekabilly, Obsidian and 3 others like this

#577 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Wow, I wish I knew more about security backdoors

#578 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

pssst I follow you... always... lol

Update, there is now a JB fxz on HoB. No root exploit yet.B) See Sam's post above.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#579 brainwash1

brainwash1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Wow, I wish I knew more about security backdoors

That's what she said.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
  • rlewis312010, Obsidian and matjmonk like this

#580 herrsmoothe

herrsmoothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

The latest SS will allow you to take a backup of your stock and flash it to a slot.  :)  Consider how powerful THAT concept is.

That's what I did. I flashed DLuke's deodex.zip & 1% battery Mod. I am also reading up on how to port over notification toggles. I doubt that I will be able to make headway, as I have never done anything like that before, but hopefully I will learn something.

Sent From My Flash Machine... I mean Bionic.
  • SamuriHL, Obsidian and Int_Rnd_Pooka like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users