Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#601 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Dan as always.  And yes, it's here on droidrzr.  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please, people, donate.  He came out of retirement JUST FOR US, so, show your appreciation!

• Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#602 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

FYI, JB root is out.  A little complicated but it works.  I'm rooted again.

I'm not seeing the complicated part. Share a directory with Samba. Mount the directory on your phone. Plug phone into PC with USB cable. Run a script as root.

The hardest part of all that seems to be the 32 bit adb requirement and setting up Samba for those who've never done it. Neither of which is terribly taxing if you've got access to one of countless search engines

#603 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Dan as always.  And yes, it's here on droidrzr.  

Please, people, donate.  He came out of retirement JUST FOR US, so, show your appreciation!

Sam can't say it enough. DONATE!!!! Hook him up for the farewell party

• SamuriHL and herrsmoothe like this

#604 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm not seeing the complicated part. Share a directory with Samba. Mount the directory on your phone. Plug phone into PC with USB cable. Run a script as root.

The hardest part of all that seems to be the 32 bit adb requirement and setting up Samba for those who've never done it. Neither of which is terribly taxing if you've got access to one of countless search engines

For people who've NEVER used linux and are used to one click root exploits for the Bionic, it's daunting.  You're in the thread...you see the problems that people are having.  So, yes, for us linux people, it might be "easy" (no) but for others it's going to be challenging.

#605 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

For people who've NEVER used linux and are used to one click root exploits for the Bionic, it's daunting.  You're in the thread...you see the problems that people are having.  So, yes, for us linux people, it might be "easy" (no) but for others it's going to be challenging.

Ok, fair enough. Easy? Not like one-click easy. More involved than difficult. But still involved.

I see how it is throwing people for a loop, though. And so many posts are coming in on top of each other that people are asking for help with an issue at the same time as someone else is posting how to fix. Like everyone talking at once

#606 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Welcome to my world.  This is how it was with the HoB during ICS.

#607 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Dan's (djrbliss) Paypal link use it. I just donated $50.00

Paypal:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
  • robinmwoolery likes this
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#608 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I know I sent you messages about HoB as well. The process of pushing the right files manually made so much more sense to me than trying to follow through the scripted HoB, and I didn't want to F&#% it up by choosing the wrong adventure and turning to page 117 instead of page 39

Paypal:

He doesn't even OWN a Bionic anymore and he's dropping money on Dan for this. Impressive

• Obsidian likes this

#609 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

I know I sent you messages about HoB as well. The process of pushing the right files manually made so much more sense to me than trying to follow through the scripted HoB, and I didn't want to F% it up by choosing the wrong adventure and turning to page 117 instead of page 39

Paypal:

He doesn't even OWN a Bionic anymore and he's dropping money on Dan for this. Impressive

A bit ironic I must admit...

• Int_Rnd_Pooka and soocold like this

#610 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

**6.7.246 to 98.72.22** JB OTA Update (Must be installed in STOCK RECOVERY while running stock ,rooted or not, .246)

**98.72.22 FXZ Link**To be used with RSD Lite(Will Format Internal Memory)

Here's the mirrors :)

6.7.246 to 98.72.22 JB OTA Update

98.72.22 FXZ

• Obsidian likes this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#611 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Thanks guys let's get a root exploit mirror going along with the 32 bit iso if you've got it downloaded already if not I'll start the downloads and uploads after. Also if you spot new roms/mods or other development let me know and I'll add them links are great but what and where works as well. Just dividing time between here and creating a n2 thread.

• herrsmoothe and bdazzg1 like this

#612 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Now that the root exploit is out I suspect rom dev will take off.  They've already deodexed and I think they're ripping the kernel apart to make some kexec fixes so it won't be long.  John Galt is going to work on an integrated image for the root exploit that's pre-configured when he gets a chance.  THAT will rock.

• herrsmoothe likes this

#613 herrsmoothe

herrsmoothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thanks guys let's get a root exploit mirror going along with the 32 bit iso if you've got it downloaded already if not I'll start the downloads and uploads after. Also if you spot new roms/mods or other development let me know and I'll add them links are great but what and where works as well. Just dividing time between here and creating a n2 thread.

Here's the thread with notification toggles, and the extended power menu.

Sent From My Flash Machine... I mean Bionic.
  • Obsidian likes this

#614 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

I've got the Ubuntu iso (all of my computers are dual boot) so I'll set up the mirrors in a bit. I'm not daily driving Bionic anymore but actually that makes it more fun to play with as the consequences of borking something won't leave me phoneless lol

Sent from my UNLOCKED DROID RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#615 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I've got the Ubuntu iso (all of my computers are dual boot) so I'll set up the mirrors in a bit. I'm not daily driving Bionic anymore but actually that makes it more fun to play with as the consequences of borking something won't leave me phoneless lol

Sent from my UNLOCKED DROID RAZR MAXX HD

I'm with you now.  Just switched to an unlocked RAZR HD today so my Bionic once I get everything I need off of it will be sacrificed to the HoB testing grounds.  :D

• herrsmoothe and bdazzg1 like this

#616 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Here's the root exploit...Ubuntu is still uploading

• Obsidian likes this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#617 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

...and

This is an iso file that can be burned directly to a CD and either run live, installed to machine as primary OS, or set up dual boot (my preference).

Obsidian, I know you have Bionic support threads elsewhere as well. If you are still maintaining them, feel free to link all my mirrors as you wish :)
  • Obsidian likes this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#618 rlewis312010

rlewis312010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Few things about the picture of the USB trick.

1.)  Tape those unused wires.  Not worth the risk.

2.)  Give yourself wire length and get wires into grooves so when battery is inserted it should be a LITTLE difficult to push in. 

2b.)  BATTERY is not in phone, USB cable is NOT plugged in when wires are inserted into grooves on battery (red to + and black to - is easiest to remember). 

2c.)  Push battery into phone WITHOUT USB plugged in yet.  Once battery is in, NOW plug in that USB cable on your computer.  I've always used my computer as it will charge your battery quickly.

3.)  Phone off, battery inserted into phone, USB plugged in last, go ahead now....

4.)  Hold volume buttons BEFORE pushing power button.  Saves you a reset and/or battery pull.  Phone MAY not boot with this if wires are not into grooves on battery and making good connections.

5.)  Turn phone off, unplug USB wire first (no need to be waiving around charged wires), THEN pull battery and remove the "rigged" setup. 

--This has saved me going back to the DX days.  Some may say the "factory" adapter works best but I never tried it and Sam or others WILL know more.  If people never have done it, then it is confusing and could be anything from a shocking surprise to smoke from wires touching something, to hardware damage.  seems trivial but as Sam knows, the details make/break something;-)  

#619 rlewis312010

rlewis312010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

...and

This is an iso file that can be burned directly to a CD and either run live, installed to machine as primary OS, or set up dual boot (my preference).

Obsidian, I know you have Bionic support threads elsewhere as well. If you are still maintaining them, feel free to link all my mirrors as you wish :)

Obsidian has this thread on, well, ANY site I go to on the Bionic.  Even Rootzwiki (?) that is not even maintained (does not appear to be anymore for Bionic).  I always thought this was cool. 

#620 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

Few things about the picture of the USB trick.
1.)  Tape those unused wires.  Not worth the risk.
2.)  Give yourself wire length and get wires into grooves so when battery is inserted it should be a LITTLE difficult to push in. 
2b.)  BATTERY is not in phone, USB cable is NOT plugged in when wires are inserted into grooves on battery (red to + and black to - is easiest to remember). 
2c.)  Push battery into phone WITHOUT USB plugged in yet.  Once battery is in, NOW plug in that USB cable on your computer.  I've always used my computer as it will charge your battery quickly.
3.)  Phone off, battery inserted into phone, USB plugged in last, go ahead now....
4.)  Hold volume buttons BEFORE pushing power button.  Saves you a reset and/or battery pull.  Phone MAY not boot with this if wires are not into grooves on battery and making good connections.
5.)  Turn phone off, unplug USB wire first (no need to be waiving around charged wires), THEN pull battery and remove the "rigged" setup. 

--This has saved me going back to the DX days.  Some may say the "factory" adapter works best but I never tried it and Sam or others WILL know more.  If people never have done it, then it is confusing and could be anything from a shocking surprise to smoke from wires touching something, to hardware damage.  seems trivial but as Sam knows, the details make/break something;-)  

I bought one of the cables from tbh, before they made the adapters. Never needed it, but played around with it a bit when I got it. You can take the battery out, plug it in, and flash yourself silly
  • medic likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users