Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#581 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

I will agree with that 100%.  Donation != expectations.  It drives me f%$king insane when I see people "well I donated so where's xyz".  You DONATED...you didn't BUY a service.  A donation is something that says "hey, here's some $$$ cause I appreciate your work".  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Making a donation doesn't entitle the donator to jack $#!+.  I think that concept's been lost.  Especially when it comes to root exploits.

Exactly. I donate to someone after they build something of worth, not before. Once you have found something you like and either use it daily or as your DD then you should donate to them. This doesn't give you the right to request ish nor does it make you buddies with the Dev. It is just to say thank you for your time and to help keep the Dev motivated.
Now when it comes to root exploits people need to start digging deep into their pockets the second they start even hearing wispers of an update coming. $5 each from 100 people = $500 for his time. Wouldn't you be willing to (and feel obligated to) spend a couple days making an exploit if that came your way. Just 100 of us is probably more than enough. If you can give more do it but don't let yourself believe that everyone else is going to do it so you don't need to because that's the type of attitude that'll get you a non rooted phone or a Dev that may do it this time but wash his hands from your phone right after.

Unless, that is, you know how to write a root exploit...

I've never asked for personal donations in the effort to get people to donate to the Devs that deserve it. Djrbliss, Hashcode0f, Dhacker, SamuriHL, Nitro and any other dev that produces a quality rom from Hash & DH's work. Not just a stupid kang plus inverted apps (Themes are not Roms)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
  • hadeshorn9, herrsmoothe and matjmonk like this
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#582 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

I've never asked for donations.  A kind forum member is sending me a RAZR HD which I absolutely FREAKING APPRECIATE.  I didn't ask for it but I didn't turn it down when it was offered,either.  I have before but in this case where I lost root and no root exploit in site, I was willing to take the offer.  When Dan releases an exploit, whether I can use it or not, I ALWAYS donate 10 bucks every time.  Isn't a lot, but, it's just a way to say "hey, thanks for your time and effort."  I get why he retired and don't have any qualms with it at all.  If someone manages to step up and root the Bionic, I'll donate to them without question. That's just how our community should be and we need to lead by example IMO.

• johnlgalt, hadeshorn9, herrsmoothe and 4 others like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#583 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm sure most of you have noticed that the thread has changed to JB. I will continue to keep the tools and files needed for ICS until everyone has made the move. This is not in anyway my way of saying "Its time to make the move".

The OP will mainly be focused on finding and updating it with new JB material. I will keep the .246 & .22 Roms separated by ICS & JB headers but also by posts. Tonight I'm going to move the JB Roms into the OP and the ICS into the Second Post

As you all know I have moved on from the Bionic to the Note 2 but only physically. My heart is still here with you guys. So you'll continue to be my family if you'll have me.

Like I've always said this Thread will continue to have whatever is needed and not full of dead outdated links like most phones end up with.

• herrsmoothe, transmissiontech and soocold like this

#584 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

You should take a look at the HoB thread.  There is a method for doing a "downgradeable" upgrade to JB minus root (until we get a JB root exploit).

• herrsmoothe likes this

#585 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

You should take a look at the HoB thread.  There is a method for doing a "downgradeable" upgrade to JB minus root (until we get a JB root exploit).

Nice brother. So you have to do a specific update with HoB that'll allow you to downgrade to .246? Will this allow you to downgrade get root then update? Pretty much saving you from losing root? Sorry I know you said check out HoB but I'm being that guy right now

#586 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Nice brother. So you have to do a specific update with HoB that'll allow you to downgrade to .246? Will this allow you to downgrade get root then update? Pretty much saving you from losing root? Sorry I know you said check out HoB but I'm being that guy right now

Timmy came up with a method to keep the ability to downgrade.  Basically if you skip flashing the CDT.BIN from 22 but FXZ everything else (I just tell them to replace the 22 CDT.BIN with the 246 CDT.BIN in the FXZ), then you can keep the ability to downgrade back to 246.  But, since you have to flash system, you can't keep root.  What you can do, however, is "test drive" JB....backup everything in 246...upgrade using this method to 22 keeping data, try it out and see how you like it.  Make sure everything works.  Obviously minus root until we can get an exploit.  Then when you want to, FXZ back to 246, blasting data, install root and bootstrap (bootstrap does NOT work on JB and WILL brick it...it's happened to many people already so you may want to throw a warning up on the OP about it), restore your backup and you're back to where you started.  If you decide you want to protect root and use the update you will then be permanently on JB with no downgrade, but, you can restore root.  It gives people more options.  Pretty awesome IMO.

• hadeshorn9, Obsidian, herrsmoothe and 1 other like this

#587 rlewis312010

rlewis312010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'm sure most of you have noticed that the thread has changed to JB. I will continue to keep the tools and files needed for ICS until everyone has made the move. This is not in anyway my way of saying "Its time to make the move". The OP will mainly be focused on finding and updating it with new JB material. I will keep the .246 & .22 Roms separated by ICS & JB headers but also by posts. Tonight I'm going to move the JB Roms into the OP and the ICS into the Second PostAs you all know I have moved on from the Bionic to the Note 2 but only physically. My heart is still here with you guys. So you'll continue to be my family if you'll have me. Like I've always said this Thread will continue to have whatever is needed and not full of dead outdated links like most phones end up with. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Nice message. Always nice. The phone is dead. Probably not much to update. Still, I believe you. I hope moto bleeds money to death. A cancer to Google. I saw VZ, big red butt plug made money. Lot of sheep dipped fools support a $#!+ company. Wife had it so I left Sprint. After contracts we are gone if I find decent coverage, 4g, lte especially. US cellular is a joke. Unlimited for first contract then lose it after that (fine print). Bull$#!+. Not a threat, but seeing bad companies burn instead of getting govt tax payer subsidies would be nice.

#588 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm sure most of you have noticed that the thread has changed to JB. I will continue to keep the tools and files needed for ICS until everyone has made the move. This is not in anyway my way of saying "Its time to make the move". The OP will mainly be focused on finding and updating it with new JB material. I will keep the .246 & .22 Roms separated by ICS & JB headers but also by posts. Tonight I'm going to move the JB Roms into the OP and the ICS into the Second PostAs you all know I have moved on from the Bionic to the Note 2 but only physically. My heart is still here with you guys. So you'll continue to be my family if you'll have me. Like I've always said this Thread will continue to have whatever is needed and not full of dead outdated links like most phones end up with. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Nice message. Always nice. The phone is dead. Probably not much to update. Still, I believe you. I hope moto bleeds money to death. A cancer to Google. I saw VZ, big red butt plug made money. Lot of sheep dipped fools support a $#!+ company. Wife had it so I left Sprint. After contracts we are gone if I find decent coverage, 4g, lte especially. US cellular is a joke. Unlimited for first contract then lose it after that (fine print). Bull$#!+. Not a threat, but seeing bad companies burn instead of getting govt tax payer subsidies would be nice.

Having a couple cocktails tonight are we? Lol I hear ya we all have our issues with them

• milski65 and herrsmoothe like this

#589 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Timmy came up with a method to keep the ability to downgrade.  Basically if you skip flashing the CDT.BIN from 22 but FXZ everything else (I just tell them to replace the 22 CDT.BIN with the 246 CDT.BIN in the FXZ), then you can keep the ability to downgrade back to 246.  But, since you have to flash system, you can't keep root.  What you can do, however, is "test drive" JB....backup everything in 246...upgrade using this method to 22 keeping data, try it out and see how you like it.  Make sure everything works.  Obviously minus root until we can get an exploit.  Then when you want to, FXZ back to 246, blasting data, install root and bootstrap (bootstrap does NOT work on JB and WILL brick it...it's happened to many people already so you may want to throw a warning up on the OP about it), restore your backup and you're back to where you started.  If you decide you want to protect root and use the update you will then be permanently on JB with no downgrade, but, you can restore root.  It gives people more options.  Pretty awesome IMO.

That a boy Timmy10shoes... He's a friendly ghost (rarely seen but always helpful)

I'll toss the warning in the OP. Good looking out brother and yes very awesome.

• SamuriHL, hadeshorn9, herrsmoothe and 1 other like this

#590 herrsmoothe

herrsmoothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm sure most of you have noticed that the thread has changed to JB. I will continue to keep the tools and files needed for ICS until everyone has made the move. This is not in anyway my way of saying "Its time to make the move".

The OP will mainly be focused on finding and updating it with new JB material. I will keep the .246 & .22 Roms separated by ICS & JB headers but also by posts. Tonight I'm going to move the JB Roms into the OP and the ICS into the Second Post

As you all know I have moved on from the Bionic to the Note 2 but only physically. My heart is still here with you guys. So you'll continue to be my family if you'll have me.

Like I've always said this Thread will continue to have whatever is needed and not full of dead outdated links like most phones end up with.

It really says something about you and this community, that you are taking your personal time, and energy to maintain threads on a phone that not only do you not use, but that you gave to another member in need. We are very fortunate to have you in this community.

Sent From My Flash Machine... I mean Bionic.
  • milski65, SamuriHL, Obsidian and 1 other like this

#591 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

The BIONIC community is one that is thriving despite VZW's attempts to verizon all of us out of grandfathered unlimited data as well as our phones.

I'm proud to call myself a member of said community with folks like Timmy, Dan, Sam, P3, Sarge, Obsidian, DLuke, and others constantly working to make this a better phone than it already is.

Edited by johnlgalt, 23 April 2013 - 05:04 AM.

• Obsidian, Int_Rnd_Pooka, herrsmoothe and 3 others like this

#592 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

We need a jb root exploit if the community is to continue to thrive.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka and k.c.cole like this

#593 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

The phone is EOL, but you're right - for continued thriving an exploit is needed in some manner.

#594 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

Yeah, it's one thing for the users who haven't taken the OTA to still be able to mess with their phone and have a safe return to stock path. But it's pretty much a dead end for a Bionic user who just recently discovered that you can do things with your phone that aren't intended by the manufacturer or distributor.

Those people need a way to participate, or they're going to be turned off from all future devices because of one that they had that was a lemon (or actively prevented from being tweaked, depending on how you see VZW and Moto's actions)

#595 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

lemonized b/c VZW wanted them verizoned?   :p

Edited by johnlgalt, 21 April 2013 - 06:37 AM.

• kjens0815 and bdazzg1 like this

#596 herrsmoothe

herrsmoothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

MarkusMcNugen just started a thread with extended power menu.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#597 herrsmoothe

herrsmoothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

I put the 98.72.22 deodex.zip in my box account. Here's the link.

• Obsidian likes this

#598 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Download:

Here's a Mirror...

• Obsidian likes this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#599 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

FYI, JB root is out.  A little complicated but it works.  I'm rooted again.

• Int_Rnd_Pooka, herrsmoothe, Aldroid33 and 1 other like this

#600 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

FYI, JB root is out.  A little complicated but it works.  I'm rooted again.

Good looking out brother support thread is in here I assume (droidrzr that is)? Oh and who do these mofos need to start digging into their pockets to say a big f'ing thank you to?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users