Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread] The Arctic (Supercharge|Ultraboost|Maxspeed) - Eternityproject

ROM cdma razr droid arctic

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#181 DrNoob

DrNoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

Man the battery life on this rom is horrible!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#182 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

Was for me as well

Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#183 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

How long have you run the ROM for, and how much more have you been using your phone since flashing it? I know that I tend to play with the phone more and run every battery internsive app I can (since they are normally the most fun) when I install a new ROM to see how it does. So, every new ROM I flash is worse until I give it a few days and my usage goes back to normal.

Another things to check is the settings. I don't have 4G yet, so I have to make sure and set it to CDMA only with every flash since it gets reset. You may have some other things sucking battery after the flash that you had turned off before.

#184 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

Dont know what yall are doing but i get 15 to 18 hrs of moderate use. You. Have to let it settle or atleat 24 to 48 hrs
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#185 imandroid

imandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Man i wish i had my razr this looks awesome

#186 AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Twitter:OGissimO
  • LocationLong Beach, Ca

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Man i wish i had my razr this looks awesome

I wish you still had it too.

#187 RandomBob

RandomBob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

For those discussing the battery life problem, have you recalibrated your battery after flashing the rom, or is it even necessary?
Heres the app I found regarding battery calibration

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I was just wondering because I was about to do that myself and wondered if anyone else had any success doing so.

#188 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

For those discussing the battery life problem, have you recalibrated your battery after flashing the rom, or is it even necessary?
Heres the app I found regarding battery calibration

I was just wondering because I was about to do that myself and wondered if anyone else had any success doing so.

Re-calibrating your battery is a software thing - it may help make the battery info (i.e. 90% remaining) more accurate but since the battery is hardware it won't actually change battery life!

Granted, if people are judging their battery life based on how fast it goes from 100% to some other arbitrary percentage (i.e. %50), then re-calibrating might make you think you're getting different battery life. However, the only true test of battery life is the time it takes to go from 100% (read: completely charged, not just based on the phone telling you its at 100%) to 0% (read: completely dead) - that is the only to accurately know the battery's level of charge. Everything in the middle is really just a crap chute
  • RandomBob and The Kid like this

#189 jokers_razr

jokers_razr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEl paso,tx

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

good rom but not getting notifications for messages ......help plz....thnkx
  • RandomBob likes this
~mr. j0k3R$ R@zR~

#190 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

good rom but not getting notifications for messages ......help plz....thnkx

Download handcent or go SMS

Rooted Razr 2.3.6 .173
  • RandomBob likes this

#191 jokers_razr

jokers_razr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEl paso,tx

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

thanks seems to be working good
~mr. j0k3R$ R@zR~

#192 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Had way better battery on this ROM over stock.

And while we're on the subject, can we refrain from going in to a thread dedicated to someones hard work, done for little to no payoff other than to see your enjoyment and post something like 'This ROM is terrible at X' or 'Y's ROM is way better' please?

I love Arctic. Speed increased, battery life increased, and it sure looks a hell of a lot better than stock. Great job Shady, I can't wait to see what your up to next. :)
  • The Kid likes this

:-D :-D

#193 Fladroid

Fladroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

Did anyone is having problems with calenday force close when you enter an event??? it syncs but can't put event in from phone.

#194 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Did anyone is having problems with calenday force close when you enter an event??? it syncs but can't put event in from phone.

I had the same issue when i was on this rom but i dont use the calendar so it was a non issue for me.
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#195 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

go back a few pages for fix, easy peazy lemon squeezy

#196 jrtem9

jrtem9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

This rom is awesome but having issues. Cannot receive text message notifications and cannot setup AOL email account. I keep getting a force close window for "process Motorola.system.setup", any suggestions?

#197 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

This rom is awesome but having issues. Cannot receive text message notifications and cannot setup AOL email account. I keep getting a force close window for "process Motorola.system.setup", any suggestions?

Text notifications are a known issue of this rom if you use hand cent or SMS pro this will fix that issue.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#198 bhinderoid

bhinderoid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

This rom has been phenomenal but some of the hiccups are starting to make me want to go back to stock.

To the creator, THANK YOU so much for the make! Do you know if there's an update coming any time in the near future?

Thanks again!

#199 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

holy crap do any of you guys read through threads before installing a ROM? maybe it's because this isn't my first rodeo and know what RTFM (=="read the OP") stands for, or maybe it's because i've seen too many folks flamed for asking redundant questions... but this thread is only 10 pages... READ IT.

but to sum up:

- it's AWESOME.
- text message notifications don't work. easiest fix is to dl another sms app (such as Handcent)
- GSM themes do NOT work on this, you must use the proper CDMA theme (Simplicity is ported over... yummm)
- this is built from 748, so if you're coming from 6.12.173, your radios will likely conflict and cause an issue with the bluetooth toggle making your phone reboot / power off
- adding calendar event does not work OTB (out of the box), but 24v was nice enough to post a fix:

(instructions:

)
- don't make remarks that don't contribute (i had to add that in there...)
- shady is working on an update for GSM, and will resume the update for CDMA as soon as he's done w/that

/rant

(... i swear, if someone gives me a tl;dr...) lol
[ sent from _base2 ]

#200 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

There's been a few GSM updates since this was released, they're on 3.0 as of right now.

I know everyone (including me) is dying for an update.

:-D :-D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ROM, cdma, razr, droid, arctic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users