• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Twitter:@Bolognasez
  • Google+:bolowneeez@gmail.com
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Posted Image

Ever since the original Galaxy note came out, the only concern in my mind was, when is VZW gonna release one? As cellphones got bigger and bigger I made it a point to get the latest and greatest with the biggest screen available. That has been my single most important factor (above the usuals) in choosing a smartphone ever since I could remember being fascinated by a telephone.

Yes it was just a regular old telephone to me........at first.

Now the razr’s screen is trumped by the size of the Nexus. The Nexus’s screen is trumped by the viewing area of the SIII and the Galaxy Note trumps them all. Easily.

Well, now the Galaxy Note II has been confirmed so it’s decision making time. Granted we still have until October to make a choice but as we all know, alot can happen in the remainder of this month.

A leaked pricing document shows that this behemoth could run as high as $803 U.S. Will it be worth the price? That price is the contract-free model coming from German provider, Vodafone, so I can only imagine what’s gonna happen to that number once it gets to the states.

The good news is that it comes with Jellybean.
It sports a 5.5 inch SUPER AMOLED touchscreen that packs a 720 x 1280 pixel resolution into 267 pixels per inch.
It also has an ARM Cortex-A9 Quad core 1.6 GHz chipset, ARM Mali-400 MP4 quad core GPU, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage with expandable microSDHC memory to top it all off.

Does it have a camera? Of course it does and it has the standard 8 mp with LED flash, 1080p recording and a front facing camera that takes pix at 1.9 pixels.

1 other thing that must be noted about this device is that it DOES support NFC.
Posted Image
Unfortunately, it did not come with that flexible display technology that Samsung patented awhile back but it does come with a Stylus. yaaaaaay.
This is not your ordinary stylus though, this one is called an S-pen and has a market full of S-pen focused apps just for it.

This device does show support for both LTE and 4g HSPDA so you could get it. If you wanted it. Posted Image
Do we want it though?

source:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Title edited due to a parent having to explain the statement at the top to their 9 year old daughter :D eep.. Family site here
  • ilanderech likes this
Posted Image

#2 BleedsOandB

BleedsOandB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:BleedsOandB

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

I want it in the worst way. I don't know that I'm willing to either come off unlimited or shell out $900 for it.

I mean, I would totally shell out $900 for it, but I don't think I want to deal with my wife in the aftermath.
  • wabmorgan and Bologna like this

#3 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I didn't even think about losing unlimited data in the upgrade.

Hello, my name is Bologna and I am a human.

How are the data tiers working out for the new guys?
I don't come anywhere near my monthly allowance for data but just the fact that it WILL be gone as soon as I upgrade terrifies me.
What if I wanna host a LAN party one day huh?
What if I wanna uhhhh
uhhhh
Sit in the stairway and stream movies through Netflix all day huh?
What about that?
Posted Image

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'd sell everything for a note 2. I want one soooooooooo bad!
  • Bologna likes this
a what? an android? whats that?

#5 BleedsOandB

BleedsOandB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

I don't come anywhere near my monthly allowance for data but just the fact that it WILL be gone as soon as I upgrade terrifies me.

I'm the same way. In fact, my wife and I could probably pay about the same as we do now and just be on capped data. I guess it could be worth it...I just like not having to worry about it, ya know?
  • Bologna likes this

#6 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

yeah i know what you mean.
As a matter of fact now a data tier doesn't really seem like a bad idea but, what if I just really want to show off one day?
The opportunity DOES present itself
Posted Image

#7 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'd sell everything for a note 2. I want one soooooooooo bad!

me too :wacko:
Posted Image

#8 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

yeah i know what you mean.
As a matter of fact now a data tier doesn't really seem like a bad idea but, what if I just really want to show off one day?
The opportunity DOES present itself

I have 4 gigs a month on my phone and pretty much have to share that between my tablet and phone. I have limited WiFi at home so its a pain in the rear end. I don't normally come too close to my data cap and I'm a crack flasher..... so I think its manageable. You just can't download movies or anything. Pace yourself. ;)
  • Bologna likes this
a what? an android? whats that?

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

I just want to know when we're all gonna go full circle and carry around brick phones with brief cases that carry the battery? It appears to obviously be on the horizon. I will explain:

1980s phones Huge monsters, briefcases for "battery packs"
1990s phones the size of a land line portable phone
2000s small, tiny tiny flip style phones you could lose in your pocket (anyone recall the Star-tac)?
2007-2010s, iPhones, 4 inch, 4.3 inch, 4,6 inch, 5.5 inch screens
2011/2012 phones that are the size of small tablets (phablets, or tablets you hold up to your head and make calls with ((and look retarded doing so, I might add)))
2013 phones huge monsters again with back pack batteries?!
2020 phones implanted in our brains?! (we can only hope, or else we'll be back on morse code by then)

Full circle, that IS why they call it the circle of life.

Tap'n from my Nexus 7 AOKP
  • Bologna likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#10 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Has almost all the specs i want and i will pay full price to keep unlimited as it is not uncommon for my wife to use as much as 16 gigs and for me to use 10 or more, sometimes we use 2 gigs each sometimes we go over 20 combined depends on the month
  • wabmorgan and Bologna like this

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Has almost all the specs i want and i will pay full price to keep unlimited as it is not uncommon for my wife to use as much as 16 gigs and for me to use 10 or more, sometimes we use 2 gigs each sometimes we go over 20 combined depends on the month

What the F do you people do on your phones? I've been trying, trying hard for almost a year to go over my 4gb limit and I CAN NOT do it. I mean, I sure I could cheat and download a 5gb file, but just normal use...I'm lucky to break 2 gb a month.

• Bologna likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#12 osnoozeo

osnoozeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

I'm glad Verizon is gonna finally get this phone, i have a upgrade, kinda just been waiting... Also guys there its a way around losing your unlimited data.. Cost you extra 10 bucks a month or whatever it is
  • Bologna likes this

#13 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

I'm glad Verizon is gonna finally get this phone, i have a upgrade, kinda just been waiting... Also guys there its a way around losing your unlimited data.. Cost you extra 10 bucks a month or whatever it is

A few more details and or a link for getting around loosing unlimited data! Please! Lol

#14 sugarcoatedangel

sugarcoatedangel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

Man I would love this phone, and yes I do have the $$ to get it when it finally arrives. My question is again, do I want something this big and literally impractical to carry around. Right now I'm sporting the Droid Razr Maxx. I love EVERYTHING about it but the camera. The camera suck to say the least. The only reason I want to go back to Samsung is for the awesome camera they have.

#15 BleedsOandB

BleedsOandB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

I just want to know when we're all gonna go full circle and carry around brick phones with brief cases that carry the battery? It appears to obviously be on the horizon. I will explain:

1980s phones Huge monsters, briefcases for "battery packs"
1990s phones the size of a land line portable phone
2000s small, tiny tiny flip style phones you could lose in your pocket (anyone recall the Star-tac)?
2007-2010s, iPhones, 4 inch, 4.3 inch, 4,6 inch, 5.5 inch screens
2011/2012 phones that are the size of small tablets (phablets, or tablets you hold up to your head and make calls with ((and look retarded doing so, I might add)))
2013 phones huge monsters again with back pack batteries?!
2020 phones implanted in our brains?! (we can only hope, or else we'll be back on morse code by then)

Full circle, that IS why they call it the circle of life.

Its probably more accurate to think of it as the evolution of the computer. It has gotten smaller and smaller and now can be carried in your pocket and be used to make phone calls. In this case, it make sense that there is such a wide variety of screen sizes, because that exists (based on consumer preference) in the computer world as well.

#16 Bond32

Bond32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

I want it in the worst way. I don't know that I'm willing to either come off unlimited or shell out $900 for it.

I mean, I would totally shell out $900 for it, but I don't think I want to deal with my wife in the aftermath.

Hahahaha. This....
But seriously this thing looks sweet. I might find a way to get one given the steep price.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#17 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

Very nice!!
  • chiahead52, wabmorgan and Bologna like this

#18 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

Wow Wyld!!!!!!!
Thanks for the vid!!!!!!
I'm inspired. New article Monday
Posted Image

#19 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

Wow Wyld!!!!!!!
Thanks for the vid!!!!!!
I'm inspired. New article Monday

No problem!!
  • Bologna likes this

#20 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

I was pretty stoked when I saw this first posted.

After seeing that vid, I simply must have this phone.
  • Bologna likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: samsung, galaxy note, vzw, sprint, android, cdma, gsm, cellphone, big screen, bologna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users