615 replies to this topic

#101 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Glad you are back.  It's a happening time for the 2012 Moto crowd, that's for damn sure.  I am freaking amazed.  This morning....locked, no root, no hope for an unlock.  Tonight, full root, full unlock, and everyone is on equal footing for roms again.  WOW.  Let that sink in boys and girls.....WOW.

• grnsl2 and xKroniK13x like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#102 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

This site has no rating

Exactly..... This is one hell of a Fathers Day for the Android community

• SamuriHL likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#103 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

For some reason Motopacalypse is getting stuck on waiting for device for me. It says Waiting for device... And then starts daemon and sits. Do I have to be on fastboot or normal?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I have the same problem. Root checker shows I am rooted.

I know you guys had success with the apk, but for future reference for anyone else that uses the other version of Motopocalypse, you have to wake the phone and grant access to Motopocalypse. I ran the initial exploit 5 times back in the day, before I realized there was a SU pop-up on the the phone.

As for the other news with root root and unlock, holy f%$king $#!+!

• SamuriHL and nobe1976 like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#104 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

It has set in for RikRong.  LMAO :D

• RikRong likes this

#105 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

It has set in for RikRong.  LMAO :D

I was gone for the weekend, turn on the computer, open DR and XDA, and see all of this.  Both of my Razrs are already unlocked, but this still gives me that same feeling when the exploit came out last April.  Merry frickin' Christmas!

• Memnoch73 and SamuriHL like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#106 digdug1

digdug1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

what the hell lol I wanted this so badly before getting my m8 I just fired my hd back up and unfroze the updater with TB and am downloading the kitkat update for it now gonna unlock it just because I can lol!

• SamuriHL likes this

#107 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

what the hell lol I wanted this so badly before getting my m8 I just fired my hd back up and unfroze the updater with TB and am downloading the kitkat update for it now gonna unlock it just because I can lol!

Hell I jump ship and got a G2 and now I got 2 unlocked development projects going... Ain't no rest for the Wicked and no time to do it all....:D

Sent from my VS980 4G

• SamuriHL likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#108 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

I could not have predicted this outcome.  Root, maybe.  I said before (much to the contrary of those that mistook reality for so called naysaying) that it would take extreme luck to get root back on these devices and only if another cross device exploit was created.  Luck was on your side on this one so congrats there.  The unlock?  There is NO f'ing way that was accidental.  Consider that a gift from someone at Moto who's either a hero or getting their ass kicked.  Either way, if you don't take advantage of it now, I have no further words for you.  LOL :)

• Memnoch73, transmissiontech, jtommyj and 2 others like this

#109 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Has anyone tried this with the xt-926 on the 182 update?

#110 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

They're identical so it should be just fine.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#111 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

I just got an invite for a RAZR m and HD  soak test. This lucky open window probably will close soon.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#112 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

Well it looks like all the dreamers along with some great developing came through (as I type this from my new M8 s-off and all that). I just got my H D fired up and got a soak test survey lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

#113 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

I just got an invite for a RAZR m and HD soak test. This lucky open window probably will close soon.

I figured. I've been trying to get the word out everywhere. I don't want people to miss this opportunity!

• jtommyj likes this

#114 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

It could be 4.4.3 ? Isn't that supposed to close some exploits? Maybe this is one of them it fixes. Who knows?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#115 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

Possibly. The tz partition in this version is literally the old vulnerable one so it was done intentionally. I don't know if this will be 4.4.3 but it will be a new kernel which patches root and most likely an updated tz partition with the hole patched. Sigh.

#116 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Sure didn't take long for the update soak to hit.  I for one won't give up root this time even if they fix the battery drain and wifi with this update.

#117 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

This. I put the APK in the OP.  Should make it drop dead simple for everyone.

Tried using the apk. Says permission granted. Don't see anything actually happening though, even after rebooting. Went into menu and still says locked. 

Would someone mind laying out the exact steps with the moto-pocalypse.apk? Maybe even include the link to where they got the app?

I know it is redundant, I know the exact steps are laid out in the original post. Obviously I am doing something wrong and I just want to cover my bases. I have read the entire thread thus far 3x. 

Thanks so much. 

#118 dnkjordan

dnkjordan

Hazegray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD [Unlocked/Rooted]

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

I had a similar issue.  Root exploit worked great.  When I try to use moto-pocalypse apk to unlock I get the notification to "Please reboot after allowing root access and pressing the button again to make sure it worked."  SU access was granted, I tried rebooting and the same thing happens.  I tried the bat file in both FASTBOOT mode and normal and it gets stuck at "daemon started successfully".

What am I doing wrong?

#119 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

I tried the APK at first and rebooted with the out come of nothing... Then I bit the bullet and used the PC version. I run Linux Mint so drivers are not needed, but if you run windows make sure that #1 your drivers are updated and your PC sees your device in Android Debug Bridge mode under your device manager. Also make sure that your device is in MTP mode and nothing else. Use a known good USB connection that is "NOT" usb 3.0 compatible, it will not work. USB 2.0 only connections. If you follow these steps and the PC sees your device in "Android Debug Bridge" mode in the device manager then you can continue on with the Exploit. If it still doesn't work keep trying different USB ports or you can use a Live CD/USB version of Ubuntu or Linux Mint to get it done.

new_animated_sig.gif

#120 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

If using adb you will get a prompt on the phone that you must accept or it will sit there forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users