3711 replies to this topic

#2481 Hello_Robert

Hello_Robert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hey Sam.. Any chance on a new update? Will you be doing a JB rom? I tried the cm10.1... not any luck for me... Back on your rom for now... Thanks for all you do..

#2482 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Just for clarification the house of bionic isn't a rom. It's a utility designed to manage Motorola updates... Be they official like 246 or leaks like we hope we get for jb. The house needs no updates to handle jb leaks or any other updates. Just follow the instructions for adding a new update and you're good to go.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Non potest esse nisi unus

#2483 Hello_Robert

Hello_Robert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ok... JB in mind?

My Bionic!! :droid:

#2484 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Haven't seen any leaks. I don't do roms so I'd be of no help there.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

#2485 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thats funny right there. Sam if ya think about it , you do roms. Just oem os roms which is funny because they are but they arent the same thing see. Thats funny. Maybe too many beers , easily tickled aye.
TEXAS state of mind

#2486 hisself

hisself

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, D0, Viewsonic gTab, Detonics Seattle CM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

7 Days and no comments. JB broke for the Razr yesterday, can the Bionic be far behind??
  • geo73 likes this

#2487 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

7 Days and no comments. JB broke for the Razr yesterday, can the Bionic be far behind??

Probably... It hasn't been started yet.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

#2488 Disillusioned

Disillusioned

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Okay my first post here and I trust I would get some good head start as what I have got reading the forums.

What do I have?
Droid Bionic (HW A 37/11) .247 VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml flased via RSD Lite

What's my objective?
To run GSM 900/1800 SIM Card

Detailed post:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(Apologies if direct link is not allowed, I might have missed on forum rules)

Question on HOB:
What is HoB and why do I need it? I managed to upgrade to .247 directly using RSD lite, then what HOB does? Does it allow upgrade without re-partitioning user data (keep user data and flash only system and vendor)?

I have been exhausted with my GSM - Droid Bionic objective, anything on it would really help.

#2489 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

First off, you're contradicting yourself in the info you post. If you "RSD flashed" then you're on 246, not 247. Even the file you said you flashed says 246. So let's clear that up first. 246 is the latest OTA build. 247 is a dead build that should not ever be used.

At the moment, there isn't a lot of reason for people to be using the HoB unless they need to recover their phone without data loss. The FXZ Keep Data option does exactly that. That's not really what the HoB was designed for, however. It was designed to allow people to move from one leaked build to another. Back when ICS leaks started coming out (late June) there was no easy way to get yourself from one leak to another without losing data. It could be done but the manual process involved was rather painful. The HoB automated that task and is what it was originally designed for. It's grown over time to include more things, but, the heart and soul is still to enable people to more safely play with leaked builds. Since there are none right now, nor are there likely to be as we have no way of getting them even if a build existed, the HoB is less useful than it was in the past.

As for your GSM issue, I have no idea. Not something the HoB deals with at all. Like I said, if you need to reset your Bionic without losing data, the FXZ Keep Data option will do that. Other than that, I'm not sure the HoB will help you in any way.

#2490 Disillusioned

Disillusioned

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Great, thanks for putting in the explaination.

Indeed I was on .246, didn't had the phone when wrote the post so got mixed up.

Just in case if you know anything on below:
Why downgrading .246 to .905 (or any other GB build) is not possible?

#2491 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

That's because they increased the security on many of the partitions on the phone, including the cdt.bin partition. The security sets a minimum version for the partitions that can be flashed. If you try to flash lower security partitions, it'll brick the phone. We will again face new security when JB is released sometime this year.

#2492 Disillusioned

Disillusioned

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

Really appreciate all this input from a reputed developer.

If you don't mind answering some more queries I have with Bionic development:

> How far are we with Bootloader unlocking? IMHO, it seems abandoned and without any update from MOT nothing will happen, am I missing something here?
> SS and BS, simple to understand, I'm planning to flash a ROM via BS (Eclipse ROM), trust since the kernel is same as of .246, there shouldn't be a problem.
> Intention to do above is save on partition space reserved by ICS ROM. Can FXZ be used to customize parition size? or any other tool, thus allowing stock ICS ROM to stay in system utilizing small parition and SS running daily driver.

Since I'm coming in new here, I would surely like to contribute and would be great to hear about new developments and where efforts are required.

#2493 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

o) No bootloader unlock is coming. It's theorized that it's not even possible on the OMAP4 phones.
o) If the rom is designed for the build you're on, should be fine.
o) Can't change partition sizes. Not possible. I think, however, you need to look into SS a bit more and probably would want to go that route. It now uses your internal memory to store the rom so screwing with partitions is not necessary. SS3 and above allows you to have multiple rom slots and fill them with whatever roms you want...both kexec and not. The great advantage is you can hot swap them in a couple of seconds. I personally haven't gotten into SS or roms on the Bionic, but, I'm told it's become quite amazing with the advent of SS3. If I were you, I'd forgo BS and look for SS capable roms and go that route.
  • csantarcangelo and destes37 like this

#2494 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Agreed. Go with Safestrap3. It is such a simple tool. It allows you to easily install multiple roms all on one phone and flip through them simply at reboot. Its easy to have your ota and eat it too :D

DROID BIONIC on 246
  • SamuriHL and csantarcangelo like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#2495 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Agreed. Go with Safestrap3. It is such a simple tool. It allows you to easily install multiple roms all on one phone and flip through them simply at reboot. Its easy to have your ota and eat it too

DROID BIONIC on 246

Oh yeah, props to Hashcode on that fine piece of work!

DROID BIONIC on 246
  • SamuriHL, geo73 and Bratster2 like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#2496 lewwill

lewwill

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel XL 128 GB

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Wireless Moot II just went dead. Last couple of posts very foreboding. Any info on what is going on?
Lew

Sent from my Google Pixel XL 128 GB on VZ

#2497 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I just saw. I missed the last of the posts. Anything that can be repeated or are we better off leaving it alone for now?

Sent from my HoB'd Safestrapped AOKP'd OC'd bada-- Bionic

#2498 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Wireless Moot II just went dead. Last couple of posts very foreboding. Any info on what is going on?
Lew

sit tight for a few days.

DROID BIONIC on 246 via Tapatalk

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#2499 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

No. The thread is gone for the moment. Leave it at that and see what happens.

#2500 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I just saw. I missed the last of the posts. Anything that can be repeated or are we better off leaving it alone for now?

Sent from my HoB'd Safestrapped AOKP'd OC'd bada-- Bionic

Probably not a good idea to bring it up again. Less info floating around the better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HoB

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users