Photo

[Rom] [Razr Cdma] Evolution 5.1 | ICS 4.0.4 | [Updated] [12/10/12]

roms ics deodexed init.d

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

Poll: [Rom] [Razr Cdma] Evolution 5.1 | ICS 4.0.4 | [Updated] [12/10/12] (328 member(s) have cast votes)

Which look do you prefer?

1. Voted Inverted Black (243 votes [74.09%])

Percentage of vote: 74.09%

2. Stock Blur (85 votes [25.91%])

Percentage of vote: 25.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 theunbound1

theunbound1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

I've tried the others, but come back to this rom for the extra goodies it has that I had got used to. I tried to use FoxFi today and it FC when it's turned on...then I realized that I can't get any wireless tether app to function now.

#142 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I've tried the others, but come back to this rom for the extra goodies it has that I had got used to. I tried to use FoxFi today and it FC when it's turned on...then I realized that I can't get any wireless tether app to function now.

Not sure why it's force closing. Haven't had any issues with it the few times that I tried it. It's possible that some other app could be conflicting with it. Try this - go to manage apps, downloaded, foxfi, then clear cache, clear data and force stop the app. Reboot your phone and try it again. If it continues to force close then I would recommend trying another tethering app. Let me know how it goes.

#143 beaton3344

beaton3344

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

Anyone know how to replace the stock calendar with the market version.

#144 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Anyone know how to replace the stock calendar with the market version.

If you have Rom Toolbox you can use the app manager to uninstall the AOSP calendar then install the other one from the market.

#145 beaton3344

beaton3344

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

K thanks I'll try it

#146 beaton3344

beaton3344

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Keep getting account is sync with other account can't not install after I uninstall tried using rom manager and titanium backup

#147 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Keep getting account is sync with other account can't not install after I uninstall tried using rom manager and titanium backup

Just curious, did you use TB to restore your apps after initially flashing this rom? Also you mentioned rom manager? Did you try Rom Toolbox?

#148 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Just curious, did you use TB to restore your apps after initially flashing this rom? Also you mentioned rom manager? Did you try Rom Toolbox?

Hit me up on gtalk @ nothingface1@gmail.com and i'll try to help you out with this

#149 theunbound1

theunbound1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Not sure why it's force closing. Haven't had any issues with it the few times that I tried it. It's possible that some other app could be conflicting with it. Try this - go to manage apps, downloaded, foxfi, then clear cache, clear data and force stop the app. Reboot your phone and try it again. If it continues to force close then I would recommend trying another tethering app. Let me know how it goes.

I tried clearing and closing the app. It's not a downloaded app, so it doesn't show up as anything I can uninstall. I tried 2 other WiFi tether apps that would start, but not function. I then wiped out the entire system, cleared everything 3 times and re-installed Evo1.5 then waited for it to settle. After setup was complete, I started foxfi and as soon as I turn it on, It force closes.

#150 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

I tried clearing and closing the app. It's not a downloaded app, so it doesn't show up as anything I can uninstall. I tried 2 other WiFi tether apps that would start, but not function. I then wiped out the entire system, cleared everything 3 times and re-installed Evo1.5 then waited for it to settle. After setup was complete, I started foxfi and as soon as I turn it on, It force closes.

I would suggest removing FoxFi then since it's seems to be causing issues. Try that and let me know what happens.

#151 theunbound1

theunbound1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I would suggest removing FoxFi then since it's seems to be causing issues. Try that and let me know what happens.

I gave it a shot but failed. I then tried both the built in and foxfi apps in Flick without issue. I cant imagine what the issue would be.

#152 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I gave it a shot but failed. I then tried both the built in and foxfi apps in Flick without issue. I cant imagine what the issue would be.

You will need to use Rom Toolbox to uninstall it. I work with the dev of Flick and i'm pretty sure we are both using the same FoxFi app so I don't know what's going on with it. I just tried it again on my phone and it seems to be working fine. also tried the stock tethering app and it's working. There will be an update out in a day or two so i'll try to get this fixed.

#153 theunbound1

theunbound1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

You will need to use Rom Toolbox to uninstall it. I work with the dev of Flick and i'm pretty sure we are both using the same FoxFi app so I don't know what's going on with it. I just tried it again on my phone and it seems to be working fine. also tried the stock tethering app and it's working. There will be an update out in a day or two so i'll try to get this fixed.

Yea, I don't get it either. Even wiping everything several times and doing a fresh install without adding any other apps gave me the same result. Everything else works great.

#154 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Recently installed Evolution (on Slot 2 ... with Kebob's Stock 215 on Slot 1) and running great so far. Thx!

The FoxFi issue raised earlier prompted me to check it out since FoxFi had worked fine on stock ... got an immediate FC each time when activating its WiFi Hotspot. Using TiBu, I uninstalled FoxFi as a system app, rebooted, downloaded it from Market as a regular app, then voila it worked fine and I was able to connect my Nexus 7 to FoxFi's hotspot.

Also, occasionally when I reboot, upon booting back into Evolution I'm getting an icon on top left (message below is what shows in the notification) .....
Values not applied
Unclean shutdown, values not applied
... when I click on the notification it takes me to the No-frills CPU Control. Not sure why this pops up unless its related to how QuickBoot initiates the reboot sequence (i.e. "Unclean shutdown"). If I do a Power off and then power on again, I don't get that notification. Nevertheless, CPU control settings seem to get applied at boot (downloaded SetCPU and verified the settings I chose had been applied at boot). Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else has had this No-frills CPU Control error message pop-up.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#155 raw57

raw57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

I flashed this ROM and love how it feels. The only issue I have run into, which is unfortunately a deal breaker because I need it for work, is the email. It force closes immediately upon booting the ROM after flashing. Please don't take the amount of information following to be complaining. I have seen that others have noted the issue but have not really provided any additional information for consideration.

This is having done nothing to the ROM or flashing anything else. I receive the message before I press the start button to begin the setup. I continue to randomly receive the message. I and am unable to set up my exchange account. It immediately displays the force close message. I have tried re-downloading the ROM in case I got a bad download. I have wiped everything 3 times before trying to flash again (i.e., cache, dalvik, factory resent, system). Unfortunately nothing has worked. I would love to see this working as the ROM is solid. I love both the look and the feel. I am using SS3.05.

#156 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

I flashed this ROM and love how it feels. The only issue I have run into, which is unfortunately a deal breaker because I need it for work, is the email. It force closes immediately upon booting the ROM after flashing. Please don't take the amount of information following to be complaining. I have seen that others have noted the issue but have not really provided any additional information for consideration.

This is having done nothing to the ROM or flashing anything else. I receive the message before I press the start button to begin the setup. I continue to randomly receive the message. I and am unable to set up my exchange account. It immediately displays the force close message. I have tried re-downloading the ROM in case I got a bad download. I have wiped everything 3 times before trying to flash again (i.e., cache, dalvik, factory resent, system). Unfortunately nothing has worked. I would love to see this working as the ROM is solid. I love both the look and the feel. I am using SS3.05.

The email issue is fixed and will be in me next update coming this week....

#157 x25064

x25064

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Out of all the ICS razr roms I have tried, this is by far the smoothest. Its on par with jellybean in the lag department. Kudos to you sir for a fantastic rom.

As a sidenote, think we can get some jellybean keyboard and Google now love?

#158 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Out of all the ICS razr roms I have tried, this is by far the smoothest. Its on par with jellybean in the lag department. Kudos to you sir for a fantastic rom.

As a sidenote, think we can get some jellybean keyboard and Google now love?

Google Now has been added to my new update which should be out later this week. JB keyboard? Why not, i'll add it and see how it works.

#159 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Google now murders battery life :(

#160 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Google now murders battery life

You can turn it off or uninstall it. I don't use it, always have it off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roms, ics, deodexed, init.d

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users