Photo

[Rom] [Razr Cdma] Evolution 5.1 | ICS 4.0.4 | [Updated] [12/10/12]

roms ics deodexed init.d

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

Poll: [Rom] [Razr Cdma] Evolution 5.1 | ICS 4.0.4 | [Updated] [12/10/12] (328 member(s) have cast votes)

Which look do you prefer?

1. Voted Inverted Black (243 votes [74.09%])

Percentage of vote: 74.09%

2. Stock Blur (85 votes [25.91%])

Percentage of vote: 25.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Thanks. So then make sure that I use Tibu to only restore certain apps, not all of them? Or how do I get all of my other apps back?

Sorry, I am sure this is basic to most people.

Don't use it to restore anything. Download your apps again then when your system is setup the way you want go back to Safestrap and make a backup.

#122 rebelchem

rebelchem

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Don't use it to restore anything. Download your apps again then when your system is setup the way you want go back to Safestrap and make a backup.

OK. Followed the directions correctly this time.

Problems are fixed except for the front facing camera.I still get a green "matrix" looking screen when I try to use the front camera.

#123 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

I flashed this Rom and everything looks great. Once up and running I had to reboot as the system slowed to a crawl while trying to open rootkeeper. At first it said I didn't have root..i got that sorted out with the reboot. The volume seems to be really low for ringtone and notifications. I went in and made sure they are set to full volume but it still seems low to me compared to stock or any other ROM I have run before. Maybe the stepping changes have turned down the volume some?

#124 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

I flashed this Rom and everything looks great. Once up and running I had to reboot as the system slowed to a crawl while trying to open rootkeeper. At first it said I didn't have root..i got that sorted out with the reboot. The volume seems to be really low for ringtone and notifications. I went in and made sure they are set to full volume but it still seems low to me compared to stock or any other ROM I have run before. Maybe the stepping changes have turned down the volume some?

Rootkeeper? I don't have anything by that name in this rom so i'm not sure what you are referring to. As far as the volume steps the only edits that were made were to media and bluetooth. The volume edits only make the volume adjustment smoother by adding 15 steps to each. I'm running this rom and have had no volume issues. Did you follow the OP instructions for flashing this rom?
  • BytecodeMe likes this

#125 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Amazing rom. Has everything I need thanks so much for this. Everything working great no issues for me. My only qualm is the battery icon which is just me being a stickler. I have a maxx so I never need to know what the battery level is. I prefer the stock battery icon although I'm not sure how I could get it back in there since it isn't a 1%. Thanks for all your work this rom will be on my maxx for awhile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#126 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Rootkeeper was added after the flash once I had problems with root on first boot (ES file explorer and APEX did not recognize root for some reason). I followed the OP and installed with SS3. I have run several different ROM's besides this one, I just thought it was a lot quieter than some of the non-moto Roms for ringtone and notifications. Awesome job with the Rom it is smooth and fast.

#127 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Rootkeeper was added after the flash once I had problems with root on first boot (ES file explorer and APEX did not recognize root for some reason). I followed the OP and installed with SS3. I have run several different ROM's besides this one, I just thought it was a lot quieter than some of the non-moto Roms for ringtone and notifications. Awesome job with the Rom it is smooth and fast.

OTA Rootkeeper is only needed on Stock roms that are rooted so that when you get an update it maintains root. You don't need to use it on custom roms since you are already rooted and flashing from Safestrap. As far as the volume levels I've used a lot of different roms in the past month and have noticed no difference in the audio levels. I'm not sure why you are experiencing this issue.

#128 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

. For apex, try this: go to apex settings... Advanced...click root helper. That should fix that issue
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#129 rebelchem

rebelchem

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

I think I found the answer to my other question. We can't use the new camera in gapps 4.2 to its fullest because we don't have a gyroscope that works. ( I saw some discussion that it is there but not hooked up)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#130 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

If there's anyone out there who isn't a fan of the battery that comes with the ROM I can upload my systemui.apk with the stubby style accurate battery. I'm also considering pushing the stock battery icon from moto ICS into there and just filling in the necessary percentages cause I was a huge fan of the way moto did the status bar icons in ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#131 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

If there's anyone out there who isn't a fan of the battery that comes with the ROM I can upload my systemui.apk with the stubby style accurate battery. I'm also considering pushing the stock battery icon from moto ICS into there and just filling in the necessary percentages cause I was a huge fan of the way moto did the status bar icons in ICS.

I would suggest you get the permission of the dev if you want to post themes of his rom before you make anything public. It's one thing to do it on your own device, it's another to just post it up, especially without speaking to the rom dev first. I know the op, and Im sure he wouldn't have a problem with that. But it's just due respect, know what I mean?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#132 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

I would suggest you get the permission of the dev if you want to post themes of his rom before you make anything public. It's one thing to do it on your own device, it's another to just post it up, especially without speaking to the rom dev first. I know the op, and Im sure he wouldn't have a problem with that. But it's just due respect, know what I mean?

Yea I see what your saying. It was simply a battery icon changer it doesn't do anything else but I'll do even better and just see if the dev would like to host it in the op.

#133 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yea I see what your saying. It was simply a battery icon changer it doesn't do anything else but I'll do even better and just see if the dev would like to host it in the op.

Im sure he would, but remember that your systemui and the one in this rom may not be compatible and could just cause bootloops or notification bar FC's. The way I'd do it, would be to take the systemui.apk from THIS rom, decompile it, and then put the pngs and xml edits into it. Instead of posting a different unauthorized systemui.apk and hope for the best. Then the dev ends up having to clean up the mess. You know what I mean?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#134 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

That's what I already did. Took the system ui from evolution, extracted it inserted the new pngs, zipped it and pushed it into my system and rebooted. It technically is still the same system ui just a different pngs for the battery.

#135 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

That's what I already did. Took the system ui from evolution, extracted it inserted the new pngs, zipped it and pushed it into my system and rebooted. It technically is still the same system ui just a different pngs for the battery.

It wasnt that clear. You just said you pushed "your" systemui.apk with the mods. How am I to know how you acquired "your" systemui.apk?

#136 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I mean I'm not trying to scam anyone or purposely harm anyone's device. I would've gave more detailed information if anyone wanted the apk but it doesn't seem like it so far. I just modified the apk myself and pushed it back and I like the look so I wanted to share if anyone wanted to have the same look. But I won't be uploading anything until I hear back from halo out of respect like you said.

#137 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

But yes I do see how my original post was unclear. And I respect your effort to make things as hassle free and streamlined for the users so the devs don't need to deal with petty issues. Like I said if halo approves there will be a more legitimate offering of the apk with the required details and instructions.

#138 jascolli

jascolli

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Is there any way you could integrate the "Mobile Hotspot" hack into your next update? Thx!

#139 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

I lost root flashing your rom for some reason. Never had it happen before. Might have been a fault with safestrap

Edit: reflashed it, got it back, dirty flash

#140 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

I lost root flashing your rom for some reason. Never had it happen before. Might have been a fault with safestrap

You need to open SuperSU and click update binary.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roms, ics, deodexed, init.d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users