Photo

Obama Care Penalties For Not Having Health Insurance.

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#121 welsalex

welsalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

Another good read, 15 thing the GOP doesn't want you to know about taxes and debt.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• chiahead52 likes this

#122 llawen

llawen

android tweaker

• Superuser
  • 551 posts
  • Twitter:@llawen
  • LocationGlenn hieghts, Texas
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'm sorry, that article just is not accurate. This is from a very liberal news station. I can find ten more from reliable liberal news sources. If liberal sources are reporting this and conservative sources. Well, you decide.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#123 llawen

llawen

android tweaker

• Superuser
  • 551 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

This is from CNN.

Posted Image

#124 welsalex

welsalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

You forget Bush came into office with Clinton's balanced budget working in favor of Bush. Bush had such a easy situation to come into. Obama came into office with the mess of the Iraq war and all the other programs and cuts bush implemented. It makes sense Bush seemingly didn't spend as much, because the nation wasn't over spending when Bush came into office thanks to Clinton's hard work. Obama came into a mess, and has been fighting to stop the ship from sinking. Of course at a cost, but there wasn't any avoiding it.
  • chiahead52 likes this

#125 llawen

llawen

android tweaker

• Superuser
  • 551 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Obama tax cuts, well here they are. Yep CNN again liberal news.
It tax incentives, not tax cuts. To get incentives you have to spend money. I have not seen mine reduced have you?

Posted Image

#126 llawen

llawen

android tweaker

• Superuser
  • 551 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

and Bush was hit with us being attacked on our own soil. It did bring the nation together. Everyone was all for going to get the ones that killed Americans. Now liberals blame Bush.

Posted Image

#127 llawen

llawen

android tweaker

• Superuser
  • 551 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

how quickly we forget that tragedy of 9/11. I will say this. Under Bush we never was attacked on our own soil. Until U.S. consulate. That took money. Now liberals throw him under the bus.
Foreign policy? We all now Obama's administration dropped the ball concerning Libya. The truth is coming out. Obama own mouth in last debate said the day after he knew it was a terrorist attack. Then for 15 days lied to us. Saying it was over a video tape. Now we know al Shari took responsibility 2 hours after the attack. Several emails to the state department hours before attack. And the biggest whopper, the al quida flag was flying over the consulate. And yet his administration blamed a movie for 15 days. And this happened on 9/11. We are not safer. Bush had to spend money to protect our nation. And the liberals continue to throw him under the bus.
May I remind you by Obama's own mouth in his own book. Said his father and brother was Muslim jihadist. And he did attend a extremist school at a young age, that taught to hate America.
We know he sat in rev. Jeremiah Wrights congregation for 20 years. Was associated with people accused of terrorism.
In short, Obama has surrounded himself with radicals his whole life. What makes you think he would not govern as a radical philosophy.

Posted Image

#128 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

When Bush came in, the economy had already began slowing down. Cutting taxes (which he did for EVERYONE with an income, not just the rich) spurred the economy.

The reason we have the current mess isn't because of those tax cuts. After those cuts, the government brought in record levels of revenue because people were buying and investing, which grew the pie.

When the dems took over Congress in 2007, they increased the minimum wage. Because this made labor more expensive, less labor was purchased, which caused unemployment to start rising.

In addition, banks were forced to loosen lending standards so more people could borrow to finance a home. Many of those who borrowed ultimately couldn't afford to meet their obligations.

Also, spending went through the roof. Bush's last and largest deficit was something like 480 billion dollars. Obama's smallest was over a trillion, by the way.

Add to all of that the bailouts by Bush and Obama. By the way, Obama spent more on bailouts. Bailouts count as spending, but they have the added effect of allowing businesses that get them to make more stupid decisions

#129 welsalex

welsalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Just checked this at work, no time for a real response. But I am continuing to like the FiveThirtyEight predictions. Obama with a 73.6% chance of winning sounds good to me. :D
  • chiahead52 likes this

#130 King Howie

King Howie

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention another major cause of our current mess - quantitive easing x3. It devalues our currency through inflation, which is why prices for most everything is going up

#131 greek6486

greek6486

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Twitter:@greek6486
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Just checked this at work, no time for a real response. But I am continuing to like the FiveThirtyEight predictions. Obama with a 73.6% chance of winning sounds good to me.

73.6% chance?!! Sounds like whoever put that number out is in an alternate universe... the election is on track to be a devastating defeat for Obama based on all reputable polls and they continue to grow in favor of Romney even more every day.

#132 brewzer

brewzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

What Will You Do
By Harry Rogers
As a nation, we are indeed living on borrowed timeĀ -- indebted to foreigners and enslaved by a nearly insurmountable mountain of debt by virtue of Mr. Bernanke's keyboard. The chimera of a sound currency held forth by what passes for leaders today is but a gilded wrapper on an odoriferous mound.

We see in the press and online the unending and vociferous wails of those who decry the possible loss of their favorite government plum. [From an 18th century political cartoon] "Don't tax me, don't tax thee. Tax that man behind the tree."]

We hear daily of the terrible hardships of people who cannot get their free cell phone or who must sit at their computer and click a few buttons to receive their entitled portion of the public weal, without having to even look for work or lift more than one finger to obtain their daily bread. Real unemployment of 15% and 12 million illegals in our country and the govt. is still paying people not to work? Madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.

Read the rest here:

#133 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I find it very odd that 3 of the main posters in this thread have very similar profiles. All 3 joined in the last 40 days and have almost every single post in this thread. Sounds like a very strange coincidence being this close to an election.
  • Memnoch73 and BytecodeMe like this

#134 - JPB

- JPB

DG Mooter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationNear S.J., CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

73.6% chance?!! Sounds like whoever put that number out is in an alternate universe... the election is on track to be a devastating defeat for Obama based on all reputable polls and they continue to grow in favor of Romney even more every day.

Hmmmm, most reputable polling sources I've seen show it pretty much as a dead heat right now...
  • BytecodeMe likes this
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." - Arthur Schopenhauer

#135 brewzer

brewzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

It's about 50 to 47 Romney in most polls today.
But it was Gallup that had Carter as a favorite over Reagan by 4 points the day before the election.

#136 King Howie

King Howie

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I find it very odd that 3 of the main posters in this thread have very similar profiles. All 3 joined in the last 40 days and have almost every single post in this thread. Sounds like a very strange coincidence being this close to an election.

lol. Probably just a coincidence. When droidhive went down, I lurked here and romdroidhacks. Actually joined over there almost as soon as it went live. Seems most of the guys from the hive went here. I eventually joined here, too.

The others might be on the payroll of the "vast right-wing conspiracy" but I'm not. However, I doubt they are. There actually are a lot of people who don't drink the kool-aid

#137 King Howie

King Howie

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Welcome to DroidRzr.com your #1 source for the Droid Razr. We are a friendly, educational community dedicated to all things Razr related. We offer everything you could possibly want to know when it comes to the Droid Razr. Take a moment and register to take full advantage of our website.

it seems most of those pollsters oversample Democrats. We'll see soon

#138 welsalex

welsalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

That is a strange coincidence. But a coincidence it is. I wouldn't spend time arguing with myself though. That is strange. Now the other two could be the same person. I jumped here from droid forums when samuri moved hob here and sarge moved the moot here.

#139 King Howie

King Howie

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

We don't have anybody else to debate with. You and the other guy bailed out on us...

#140 bwheelies

bwheelies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

In addition, banks were forced to loosen lending standards so more people could borrow to finance a home. Many of those who borrowed ultimately couldn't afford to meet their obligations.

The banks were forced by who?

The real estate crash is a major contributor to our current economic dilemma.

You also made a statement earlier about the government spending your money.

Being a part of a country, you have an obligation to support it one way or another. At least you can get healthcare from it!

I still see Obama as someone trying to help the greater good.

All of the negative points presented and the nanna's brother's cousin is getting raised rates and is awaiting a death panel decision is bogus.

Typical scare tactics taken to heart by the fearful.

Nothing is worse than the easily manipulated pansy.

I don't follow politics because, as is the case here, everyone can quote a source and nobody will believe it anyway because it isn't in what they think is in their best interests. $
  • welsalex likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users