That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hoping for an update!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think there will be another Flick update soon so I am going to wait until that is released :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#23 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

I think there will be another Flick update soon so I am going to wait until that is released

sounds good!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#24 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Update for Flick 5.0 Tornado is here!

Updated OP for the changes.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#25 hey_poolboy

hey_poolboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx,

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Love the theme. Running with flick5 right now. I have a question, though. Why no calendar icon? Seems to be common with themes and icon packs, I just wonder why...
Either way, very nice theme!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running a different ROM nearly every day.

#26 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Love the theme. Running with flick5 right now. I have a question, though. Why no calendar icon? Seems to be common with themes and icon packs, I just wonder why...
Either way, very nice theme!

I didn't have a calender icon, so I quickly added one to the pack. It's in the OP icon pack link. Enjoy!

bWyLE9l.jpg

#27 hey_poolboy

hey_poolboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx,

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

That's awesome. I really appreciate it. DL-ing now.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running a different ROM nearly every day.

#28 Xanderin

Xanderin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:xanderin
  • Google+:xanderin@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Congrats on the theme! Seeing this made me choose to go back to Flick from Evo 5. I love its looks.. I did, however, notice a possibly theme-related glitch. I was super low on battery, literally 1%, and started charging it. An hour later I checked it and saw the battery icon showed 4%, while the "charging xx%" on the lock screen showed a much larger number. It so far hasn't changed from a number higher than 4, but that's always where it gets stuck. Discharging it acts nomally.. Also, I hate to say it, because I love this theme, but the battery icon's numbers are a bit rough on the eyes. Could they be widened any? Maybe replace 100% with a solid wooden dowel so you can use wider numbers for the rest? So there's a comment, possible glitch report, and suggestion for you.

Attached Files

#29 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Congrats on the theme! Seeing this made me choose to go back to Flick from Evo 5. I love its looks.. I did, however, notice a possibly theme-related glitch. I was super low on battery, literally 1%, and started charging it. An hour later I checked it and saw the battery icon showed 4%, while the "charging xx%" on the lock screen showed a much larger number. It so far hasn't changed from a number higher than 4, but that's always where it gets stuck. Discharging it acts nomally.. Also, I hate to say it, because I love this theme, but the battery icon's numbers are a bit rough on the eyes. Could they be widened any? Maybe replace 100% with a solid wooden dowel so you can use wider numbers for the rest? So there's a comment, possible glitch report, and suggestion for you.

I will take that into consideration. Have you tried to do a battery calibration? Search for it in the play store. It will reset your battery stats so the icon is in sync with the phone :)

Also, I have this battery icon which I can make brown if you want it. Making a complete icon takes a while and I don't have a lot of time at the moment. If you want this icon instead I can make a quick theme for you to download with it included :)
Posted Image
(It is blurry because I blew it up)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#30 Xanderin

Xanderin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

I will take that into consideration. Have you tried to do a battery calibration? Search for it in the play store. It will reset your battery stats so the icon is in sync with the phone :)

Also, I have this battery icon which I can make brown if you want it. Making a complete icon takes a while and I don't have a lot of time at the moment. If you want this icon instead I can make a quick theme for you to download with it included :)
Posted Image
(It is blurry because I blew it up)

I've done a few battery calibrations on this phone. I'm not certain its ever really worked for me. Gave it SU permissions and clicked the "calibrate" button at 100%, did the full dis-/re-charge, and I still last about an hour when I'm at 1%, still sometimes skip from steadily dropping to 25% to 8%.. Not really worried, though. I knew what I was getting in to when I got the RAZR. Though that wasn't to fix this issue.. I'm gonna look in this .zip and see what I find. I'm no themer or modder of any sort, but I feel like adventuring.. And thanks for the offer on the new icon, but for now I may pass... Btw, how easy is re-colorizing? I once used a program that could do batch image file conversions, and it also seemed like it was capable of doing batch edits.. Had some fox-face logo, but I can't remember the name of the program... Anyway, is that basically how to do it?

Edit: Nope, nvm. Not opening the .zip ... I did already, but it would seem to not be something you can just logic out and guess around at. :P

#31 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I've done a few battery calibrations on this phone. I'm not certain its ever really worked for me. Gave it SU permissions and clicked the "calibrate" button at 100%, did the full dis-/re-charge, and I still last about an hour when I'm at 1%, still sometimes skip from steadily dropping to 25% to 8%.. Not really worried, though. I knew what I was getting in to when I got the RAZR. Though that wasn't to fix this issue.. I'm gonna look in this .zip and see what I find. I'm no themer or modder of any sort, but I feel like adventuring.. And thanks for the offer on the new icon, but for now I may pass... Btw, how easy is re-colorizing? I once used a program that could do batch image file conversions, and it also seemed like it was capable of doing batch edits.. Had some fox-face logo, but I can't remember the name of the program... Anyway, is that basically how to do it?

That sounds unusual. A battery calibration has always worked for me in the past. I have never experienced sudden drops or lasting an hour on 1% (Although I rarely let it get under 15%). The theme only changes the icon and I didn't do any edits to the battery xml files in the rom, so perhaps this may be something funny happening between the rom and the theme. Have you experienced this issue when running stock Flick? I want to pin point the source so we can have you happily on your way!

Re-coloring is fairly easy and it can be set up in photoshop to batch. So re-coloring a battery icon doesn't take too long despite the 205-ish icons to change. Creating 205-ish new icons does take time though :P In photoshop open the icon you wish to change and use Hue/Saturation to adjust it to the right color. To set up the batch, make sure your actions window is open and record your color changes and then save. Next, run automate/batch and set it up to go! These are very basic instructions, but have a look on google and you will find the way! :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#32 Xanderin

Xanderin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Iiii don't know if I'd ever experienced it before I themed it... Probably not. I do remember doing a calibration in Flick before I'd themed it because of that 1% for an hour thing, but I don't think it got stuck while charging. The only problem I'm saying the theme might have is that stuck at 4% thing.. I noticed another strangeness while I was almost done charging. Eventually the lock screen claimed to be charged, but the theme was unstuck (when I noticed, might've been earlier) at %97, and counting.

#33 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Iiii don't know if I'd ever experienced it before I themed it... Probably not. I do remember doing a calibration in Flick before I'd themed it because of that 1% for an hour thing, but I don't think it got stuck while charging. The only problem I'm saying the theme might have is that stuck at 4% thing.. I noticed another strangeness while I was almost done charging. Eventually the lock screen claimed to be charged, but the theme was unstuck (when I noticed, might've been earlier) at %97, and counting.

I know you said you already tried a battery calibration, but that is the only solution I can think of. I know when I flash themes I sometimes have to do a battery calibration to get it back in sync. I will look into the xmls tonight and see if there is any reason why is may get stuck at 4%. If the xmls are fine then I honestly don't know what I can do to help. I'm guessing you have tried re-flashing? Let me get back to you on those xmls.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#34 Xanderin

Xanderin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Reflash the theme, or the whole ROM? I'll try re-flashing the theme right now, just won't know if the problem still exists until some time tomorrow around night, since I won't be able to get it below 4% and still make it through the day any time before then. :- \ .. I will also try my first venture into decompiling stuff and looking at xmls. I don't even know how they're supposed to be written, though, so this is purely exploratory on my part. :P

#35 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Reflash the theme, or the whole ROM? I'll try re-flashing the theme right now, just won't know if the problem still exists until some time tomorrow around night, since I won't be able to get it below 4% and still make it through the day any time before then. :- \ .. I will also try my first venture into decompiling stuff and looking at xmls. I don't even know how they're supposed to be written, though, so this is purely exploratory on my part. :P

That's what it is all about! Exploring and learning. If you could, I would re-flash the rom and do NOT put the theme on it. This way we can identify if it's the theme or not.

The battery icons are found in SystemUI/res/drawable/stat_sys_battery_charge.xml and stat_sys_battery.xml. The actual icons are in the drawables-hdmi folder. I'm looking at the files right now and cannot see any problems. The first charging icon will stay until 4% and then it changes to the 15% icon (You won't really notice since I made the charging icons all the same). The battery icons, with the numbers, are set to change every 1%. You can see that in the stat_sys_battery.xml.

I can say that just flashing the theme now already requires a battery calibration (Icon saying 98%, but lockscreen saying charged.) I'm sorry, but I do not know enough to say why your phone is getting stuck. I can only suggest trying it without the theme to see if the problem still exists then.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#36 Xanderin

Xanderin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Yup. Making a backup of my ROM at the moment. I'll reflash Flick and see if the problem occurs. If I notice the problem without the theme, I owe you an apology, and bytecode a PM. :P

Edit: Lawl, of course I won't be able to tell if the battery icon is off of the lock screen counter because Flick 5.0 doesn't have a numbered battery icon while charging... Hm. And then the inspiration hits! What if bytecode coded Flick so that the icon would think it was stuck at a low level so that the charging icon would go through the whole animation instead of just the remaining bit?.. You've noticed charging icons do that, right? Where it sorta... Fills it up visually? Like this (I had to add periods otherwise it would collapse to the left):

. ^ . . . .= . = .= ==
. | . . . == .== =====
. | . . .=== =========
. | . . ==============
charge ===============
time -------------->

What if bytecode coded it so the icon would always think it was low on charge so it would keep cycling the full animation (until, say, about %90)? For his battery icon, that would actually work fine. Lock screen reports it normal, and the charging icon doesn't show a number, so it would look normal (nay, maybe cooler?) for his rom if he coded it that way... And now that I've formulated this idea, I'm gonna try charging once my phone drops to ~70% to see if the icon goes through the full "filling" animation instead of just the top part, since it was apparently unstuck around 90% (thus the icon would not show me what I think it would), and I know I can get to at least 80% without the icon unsticking.. So, hey. Tell me what you think when you get the chance. I likely won't have a response posted tonight, since I needs the sleeps some time, but I'll post another (hopefully shorter) edit later.. Or another post. I don't know. Whatever.

Edited by Xanderin, 11 December 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#37 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Yup. Making a backup of my ROM at the moment. I'll reflash Flick and see if the problem occurs. If I notice the problem without the theme, I owe you an apology, and bytecode a PM. :P

Haha, regardless of the outcome I would like to see a solution just in case this happens again. I'm taking this as a learning opportunity. If there is something I need to fix then I will make sure I learn it! :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#38 Xanderin

Xanderin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Reflashed Flick. The battery is showing the charge normally. I was wrong, though. There's no animation for the charger in Flick. :P Anyway, I'll wait until it's all charged up and then flash the theme again. See what happens, then. Get back to ya later!

#39 Xanderin

Xanderin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

I reflashed the theme, and I feel preeeeetty dumb! I realized that the 4% charged battery icon I was seeing was actually a charging symbol.. I just couldn't tell.. So yup. I just can't read the battery icons is all. -sigh- Dangit.

#40 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I reflashed the theme, and I feel preeeeetty dumb! I realized that the 4% charged battery icon I was seeing was actually a charging symbol.. I just couldn't tell.. So yup. I just can't read the battery icons is all. -sigh- Dangit.

Haha, I'm just glad there isn't a problem :) if you do end up making an icon and want a hand putting it on then let me know and I'll be glad to help :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flick, Theme, Wood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users