685 replies to this topic

#461 dalt0n1994

dalt0n1994

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

I love this rom so much and everything works great, except for one thing. For some reason, the stock music player (which I have come to enjoy pretty much) will only show about 10 artists (and just a few of their songs) from my external SD card. So basically 300mb out of the 14gb of music I have is accessible. I can't figure out for the life of me why these select songs are showing, and I'd really like to not have to stream music all the time and kill the battery, or download as many as I can to my internal SD card before it runs out of space. Any ideas?

And thanks dhacker and Th3ory for the rom :D

#462 phaim

phaim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:phaim11

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Data works great here, going WCDMA, waiting for double page refresh, then straight to GSM/CDMA. It blinks 4G, then goes out, then comes back on within 15 seconds & stays on from there on out.

EDIT: Chrome Beta doesn't work :(

I really want to use Chrome Beta but it's not working properly for me either. It looks like it loads stuff from the pages (google.com asked me if I'm ok with it collecting location data) but doesn't actually render the page. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

#463 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

Data works great here, going WCDMA, waiting for double page refresh, then straight to GSM/CDMA. It blinks 4G, then goes out, then comes back on within 15 seconds & stays on from there on out.

Thanks, worked like a charm!
  • whiteycash likes this
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#464 whiteycash

whiteycash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Worked great for me just flashed and loving it thanks for the data tip

#465 csharper_1969

csharper_1969

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Gapps not working for me. i used safestrap to install everything. I tried flashing gapps both ways suggested but i get an error that says setup wiizard has stopped. Any suggestions? Or should I use bootstrap to install?

#466 mudthestud23

mudthestud23

made of water, dirt, rocks.

• Superuser
  • 511 posts
  • Twitter:@mudthestud23
  • Google+:mudthestud23@gmail.com
  • LocationMinnesota where its really cold!
  • Current Device(s):droid razr hd maxx, droid razr 4, droid razr maxx

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

Gapps not working for me. i used safestrap to install everything. I tried flashing gapps both ways suggested but i get an error that says setup wiizard has stopped. Any suggestions? Or should I use bootstrap to install?

I had the same issue but I went back into cwr and wiped data and cache and delvik and reflashed the romad it worked fine.
mud.png

#467 csharper_1969

csharper_1969

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

I had the same issue but I went back into cwr and wiped data and cache and delvik and reflashed the romad it worked fine.

Did you use safestrap ot bootstrap?

#468 mudthestud23

mudthestud23

made of water, dirt, rocks.

• Superuser
  • 511 posts
  • Twitter:@mudthestud23
  • Google+:mudthestud23@gmail.com
  • LocationMinnesota where its really cold!
  • Current Device(s):droid razr hd maxx, droid razr 4, droid razr maxx

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

bootstrap
mud.png

#469 csharper_1969

csharper_1969

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

bootstrap

My bad........Just figured out i used the wrong GApp version. I'm gonna try the new one. Thanks

#470 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

Just tried the WCDMA then GSM/CDMA thing, which connects me to Verizon. wireless network but the data connection just won't start. Any other tricks? Also please note that all I need is 3G connectivity, I don't live in LTE coverage.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

#471 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:02 AM

Just tried the WCDMA then GSM/CDMA thing, which connects me to Verizon. wireless network but the data connection just won't start. Any other tricks? Also please note that all I need is 3G connectivity, I don't live in LTE coverage.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

go GSM only. then after the screen moves go back down to GSM/CDMA auto PRL. should connect right away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#472 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

Thanks, finally saw it do the page refresh thing and went to GSM/cdma and I finally have 3G.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running rooted 4.0.3 ICS

#473 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+:gene.volchenko

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and please pardon my ignorance, but does this mean that with this ROM the GSM radio will be unlocked on Verizon Razr (XT912)? So I would be able to use it in Europe?
Thanks ain advance.

#474 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and please pardon my ignorance, but does this mean that with this ROM the GSM radio will be unlocked on Verizon Razr (XT912)? So I would be able to use it in Europe?
Thanks ain advance.

No. The naming used is intended to mean 'which ever of these two your phone supports'. That is likely the default name used in AOSP by Google, as AOSP is a very generic build lacking anything that ties it to any hardware/carrier. Remember, it is still a developer only build (Alpha) so the only concerns are currently functionality. Things like localization and correcting terms like that are done during beta level testing. There is no GSM radio in the CDMA version to my knowledge... well besides the LTE radio which is a form of GSM.

#475 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

For those that are installing this, I have tested and retested and it seems you must install this (2012-02-07-04_38 build) over a previous IC3 build without wiping data. Its the only way I have had a success. I dont know about others having this same issue, It would install but fail to run the setup wizard on initial startup.

I myself was installing via BS.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#476 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

hey DH or DT, i know this has been built off .748, just wondering now with the update to 2.3.6 is Official, will the future releases be off that build? or is it atleast possible to flash on the .173 taking into consideration the bluetooth would be broke (dont care dont use it)...... i wanna update to cheesecake but i'd hate to give up ICS, as this rom is the $#!+!! been running the build from Jan 25th and i love it! shoots...

Can't answer to future intent but this ROM is not like others where you can flash it with 612.173 and just have BT issues, you will bootloop as of now (or at least the last time I/others tried).

And Cheesecake is the software one would use to pull updates from Moto's servers, not an Android version name. Although it does sound like a name Android would use doesn't it? :P

:-D :-D

#477 The Admiral

The Admiral

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:sthorderson
  • LocationSL,UT

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

For those that are installing this, I have tested and retested and it seems you must install this (2012-02-07-04_38 build) over a previous IC3 build without wiping data. Its the only way I have had a success. I dont know about others having this same issue, It would install but fail to run the setup wizard on initial startup.

I had nothing but problems with GApps until I wiped data. Are you flashing from a previous CM9 build or from an AOSP build? I was coming from CM9, maybe that was my issue.

Still no luck getting Calendar to work, and the data toggle doesn't work as planned.

#478 The Admiral

The Admiral

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:sthorderson
  • LocationSL,UT

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

I think I'll go back to the 1-27 build... Calendar Storage, Calendar, and Exchange Services all FC as soon as the ROM boots. Those are HUGE for me...

(my method for installing... wipe everything, flash 1-27, flash gapps, boot, setup wizard, wipe cache, dalvik, and system, flash 2-7, boot, flash gapps, boot, add Google & Exchange accounts.)

#479 csharper_1969

csharper_1969

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

It's ok to wipe cache and dalvik right?

#480 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts
  • Google+:Lownslow200sx
  • LocationRocky Mount, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, OG Razor, Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

First let me be clear this is for Ic3Razr 01-27-2012 only not the newest build this is not my work and I am not resposible for anything that happens your phone. I may have posted in the wrong place if so im sorry but i figured it would be seen here, its inverted (Blacked Out) Gapps for the G-Nex but i have flashed the Market, MMS, Contacts, Music, and Youtube and so far no issues just wipe cache and delvik i will also note that I would install 1 at a time then reboot then install the next one. I have only installed using Bootstrap but the choice is yours.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(UPDATE) Do not flash Email or Calendar it will wipe it from the app drawer and you will have to pull the stock files and insert them in system/app folder

Edited by lownslow200sx, 09 February 2012 - 12:02 AM.

• lownslow200sx and andlaw like this

JXGM6Ej.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dhacker29, ICS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users