685 replies to this topic

#481 20ripley

20ripley

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

I have a problem with data if on GSM/CDMA (auto prl) i will loose all data and need to do *#*#4636#*#* all over to connect but works fine on cdma only no drops but only get 3g any new updates and calander not working right either
thanks

#482 trama09

trama09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

How exactly do you flash this? I got "force close" on the setup if I flash the ROM and gapps. And if I flash the ROM by itself first, I get stuck on the "M". Yes, I do clear data, cache, delvic, etc.

#483 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

For those that are installing this, I have tested and retested and it seems you must install this (2012-02-07-04_38 build) over a previous IC3 build without wiping data. Its the only way I have had a success. I dont know about others having this same issue, It would install but fail to run the setup wizard on initial startup.

I myself was installing via BS.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#484 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

How exactly do you flash this? I got "force close" on the setup if I flash the ROM and gapps. And if I flash the ROM by itself first, I get stuck on the "M". Yes, I do clear data, cache, delvic, etc.

**First off your going to wanna make sure your on kernel .748, then you can boot into CWR using bootstrap,

go down to advanced, Clear Dalvik cache, go back
clear cache partition
factory reset/wipe data
go down to Mounts and Storage, choose Format/System [make sure your selecting system not sdcard]

...once those steps are completed, choose to open the file from your sdcard, choose ic3, flash. (if your running a newer build you can also choose to flash Gapps once the rom has been flashed)
reboot, enjoy!.

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#485 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

I installed via safe strap coming straight from stock .748 and I haven't had any FC's and only a minor hiccup before I got data working. Gapps are working great including market. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running rooted 4.0.3 ICS

#486 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

First let me be clear this is for ICS only this is not my work and I am not resposible for anything that happens your phone. I may have posted in the wrong place if so im sorry but i figured it would be seen here, its inverted (Blacked Out) Gapps for the G-Nex but i have flashed the Market, MMS, Contacts, Music, and Youtube and so far no issues just wipe cache and delvik i will also note that I would install 1 at a time then reboot then install the next one. I have only installed using Bootstrap but the choice is yours.

Hell yeah! i can confirm {running 4.0.3 IC3 build Wed Jan 25}
reboot into Bootstrap Recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, flash whichever packages you choose to wanna "black out" and baaam!
Very much appreciate the shared link!! Its definitely what IC3 was missing visually, $#!+s dope! :ph34r:
  • lownslow200sx likes this

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#487 trama09

trama09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

**First off your going to wanna make sure your on kernel .748, then you can boot into CWR using bootstrap,

go down to advanced, Clear Dalvik cache, go back
clear cache partition
factory reset/wipe data
go down to Mounts and Storage, choose Format/System [make sure your selecting system not sdcard]

...once those steps are completed, choose to open the file from your sdcard, choose ic3, flash. (if your running a newer build you can also choose to flash Gapps once the rom has been flashed)
reboot, enjoy!.

Thanks !! I'll try that once I get a high enough charge!

#488 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Thanks !! I'll try that once I get a high enough charge!

heh, Yes, Definitely make sure you have enough juice incase a fastboot is needed :) good thinking!! ;)

Posted Image

#489 dalt0n1994

dalt0n1994

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

I've been having the setup wizard problem as well, after I installed the gapps, even though I made sure to wipe cache and data and dalvik cache. How am I supposed to boot into CWM if I can't get to the razrbootstrap app?

Edit: Nevermind, I thought the reboot recovery option would take me to the stock recovery. But it took me to CWM so no more problem :D

#490 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts
  • Google+:Lownslow200sx
  • LocationRocky Mount, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, OG Razor, Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hell yeah! i can confirm {running 4.0.3 IC3 build Wed Jan 25}
reboot into Bootstrap Recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, flash whichever packages you choose to wanna "black out" and baaam!
Very much appreciate the shared link!! Its definitely what IC3 was missing visually, $#!+s dope! :ph34r:

No problem Andlaw im into the dark look so i figure others would appreciate as much as i did. One thing i should inform everyone about is Do Not Falsh The Calendar or Email Zip it will remove the icon from the app drawer all though it is still in the system app folder you would have to pull the stock apps and replace them again.

JXGM6Ej.png

#491 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Also everyone do note that this new version requires the new safestrap v1.0.8 (which, conviniently, you can only tell if you have in the app itself, recovery still says 1.0.7)

#492 trama09

trama09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

heh, Yes, Definitely make sure you have enough juice incase a fastboot is needed :) good thinking!! ;)

Still getting a "setup wizard has stopped". POOP!

#493 dalt0n1994

dalt0n1994

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Still getting a "setup wizard has stopped". POOP!

Same here. Flashed rom and gapps multiple times now and I either get this error or bootloop.

#494 trimax84

trimax84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Following this thread in eager anticipation :)
Can't wait for camera to work, I think that's the last thing holding me back from loading this alpha (but I will patiently wait for however long it takes).
Thanks so much for all the hard work you guys are puting into this! Excited to watch the development

#495 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yeah I was flashing gapps. A few posts back U will see I told someone they have to do that on aosp roms that do not have gapps preinstalled.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#496 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Same here. Flashed rom and gapps multiple times now and I either get this error or bootloop.

Flash the 1-27 build 1st boot up get thru setup the boot back into recovery wipe cache and dalvik only. flash 2-7 build then gapps then reboot if you get stuck at moto emblem hold both volume buttons and power until it shuts off then only let go of power only boot into stock recovery wipe cache data factory reset and reboot. This worked for me on bootstrap.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#497 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Mine worked fine and I flashed it over Axiom 1.1 on safestrap 1.0.8. No force close or anything.

#498 unsaved

unsaved

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Mine worked fine also. Flashed from 1-27 build. Just wiped everything and flashed that. Had the rom up and running for over a hour before I flashed gapps.

#499 mr2guy18

mr2guy18

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

I had this same problem i had to fastboot back to 744 then upgrade to 748 then reroot then flash and it worked just fine for me after that.

#500 whiteycash

whiteycash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Mine worked fine and I flashed it over Axiom 1.1 on safestrap 1.0.8. No force close or anything.

Flashed mine over ABSYM 1.1 by just running 1wipe2rulethemall and installing ic3 from SD then flashed the gapps rebooted and I was good to go

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dhacker29, ICS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users