685 replies to this topic

#521 SiN_NeR

SiN_NeR

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Can not get the update to go through any suggestions? this is for safestrap 1.08

#522 deathstolas

deathstolas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:deathstolas1982
  • Google+:deathstolas@gmail.com
  • LocationPennsylvania... well most of the time

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

the .173 ota update?? if so you can not be boot strapped and you need to temp unroot. with ota root keeper
If I were you and you were me, would I be you or me?

#523 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/eckdawg5

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Will probably flash this on my nonsafe side when I get back from visiting the fam. Have downloaded and installed on my SD card the newest build. W/ that said I'm on safestrap 1.07. If I wanted to update to 1.08 would I lose (I'm guessing yes) Absym 1.1 on my safe side? Absym 1.1 is so stable on my Razr right now and I'm really loving it.

I'd actually flash Absym on your non safe side since it is so stable...then on the safe side you can mess with all of the new ics builds. That's what I did atleast.
That being said...go redbirds!!! 12 in '12

#524 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Took the temp unroot advice and got to. 173 rooted this time AND Safestrap installed this time. Phew!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

#525 gtelnet

gtelnet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Anyone know how to speed up the transition between screen on the ic3 build?

And I just did the following and it's working great:
already had ic3 1/25 build installed in safe mode
wiped cache/delvik
flashed ic3 2/9 build
wiped cache/delvik
installed gapps
rebooted
it fc'd exchange and email on first boot but not since - working great - thanks David!

#526 bb12489

bb12489

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Don't like the look of dhackers latest tweet.... I guess some people are just getting on his nerves again about ICS. So sad :/

#527 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

Don't like the look of dhackers latest tweet.... I guess some people are just getting on his nerves again about ICS. So sad :/

Is he really this sensitive?

#528 Falconone

Falconone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Anyone else having issues with people hearing you on the other end during calls?

#529 mgarney26

mgarney26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Twitter:mgarney26
  • Locationmobile alabama

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

well put yourself in the mans shoes...he is doing the best that he can do for all of us in the android community. im not trying to step on toes or make anyone mad, but when you get a lot of people emailing/tweeting things like "when will everything be working" or things like that...i'd imagine it gets kind of old. he has asked everyone time and time again to not tweet or ask about when certain things will be working. he doesnt have to do this for us he CHOOSES to and we need to respect that. like i said im not trying to step on toes or make anyone mad.

#530 littlewing745

littlewing745

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

I don't think he's "sensitive," I just think he's getting bombarded from time to time. I know one person in particular said some pretty nasty comments about the latest build (maybe he bricked his phone?).

Either way, David is doing a lot of work for both the Bionic AND the Razr, so people really need to cut the guy some slack. This entire topic exists because of his hard work. Truth.

#531 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Send me something you have done, your email and gtalk address, and your twitter info. I will $#!+ hammer all 3 for a few days asking questions that have been answered, make requests, ask how long multiple times, and complain when I don't follow directions and screw something up. Then I will ask for repeated help to fix it. We will see how "Sensitive" you become.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • bandit420, MrFrankRazr, mgarney26 and 4 others like this

#532 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Send me something you have done, your email and gtalk address, and your twitter info. I will $#!+ hammer all 3 for a few days asking questions that have been answered, make requests, ask how long multiple times, and complain when I don't follow directions and screw something up. Then I will ask for repeated help to fix it. We will see how "Sensitive" you become.

^^^ That :D :D

Once you start paying him a salary for his work you can ask him why he's being sensitive.

:-D :-D

#533 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

^^^ That :D :D

Once you start paying him a salary for his work you can ask him why he's being sensitive.

That!

Invictus Maneo!

#534 mr2guy18

mr2guy18

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

amen to that it isn't easy at all to do that stuff ive been trying to get started on it and am finding out how hard it is thanks for all the hard work guys you guys are doing amazing work. people really need to back off let them work on stuff and look for your answers here because anything that has gone wrong is pretty much answered here if you take five minutes to look

#535 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Just remember the #1 rule of Cyanogenmod... "do not ask for an eta" - I tend to follow that for every rom/dev

#536 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'd actually flash Absym on your non safe side since it is so stable...then on the safe side you can mess with all of the new ics builds. That's what I did atleast.
That being said...go redbirds!!! 12 in '12

Thanks bro. And yes go NUTS!!! lol. This year is going to be...*ahem* a rebuilding year lol

ETA:...so uhmmmm DHacker....any ETA on updates???? lol I keed I keed.

Stay strong bro...this community needs you like I need wimmenz!!!

ETA2: Going back to non-safe side to flash Absym 1.1 then back to safe side to flash ICS build 2-7-12. I see in the OP GAPPS is included in the zip, but then I see some people saying flash gapps. Am I missing something?

ETA3: Ahhh can't install absym on non-safe side... :( Oh well. I'll flash ICS later I suppose.
Posted Image

#537 rotech72

rotech72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

I've read all the comments referring to the data toggle ..for some odd reason ..I can't get it to work for me...I've tried and tried..my wifi works fine..just no data ..heeellllpppppppp

#538 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I've read all the comments referring to the data toggle ..for some odd reason ..I can't get it to work for me...I've tried and tried..my wifi works fine..just no data ..heeellllpppppppp

reboot your phone.
goto phone, dial *#*#4636#*#*
choose phone information, change it to GSM only. after the screen moves back to the top, go back down and change it back to GSM/CDMA auto PRL.

should have data almost instantly!

Sent from my dark IC3 RAZR using Tapatalk.

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#539 rotech72

rotech72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'm using the phone info app..could that be the issue?..need to charge up again..

Will try when phone is charged..I'm back on unsafe mode..safestrap

#540 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm using the phone info app..could that be the issue?..need to charge up again..

what is the phone info app?
you need to use your phone and dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into the Phone Information menu, where you will toggle the data....

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dhacker29, ICS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users