• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

#101 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

OMFG HELP! Had everything working but screwed up and added a different GAPPs did the script in the toolbox app. Now I can't get into my restore and the picture below is the screen I cannot get out of. Hard reset also not helping....any ideas???

Fastboot
  • The Admiral likes this

#102 kingpimp65

kingpimp65

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Market is not working fix it please... i cant download any apps...

#103 Skooma

Skooma

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

Read the thread, there was a temporary fix posted.

#104 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

There are work arounds listed in prior posts in this forum for the market issue. The market not working was listed as non working in the original post dhacker has worked day and night to get it to this point and has done a phenomenal job in a short period of time I am sure fixes for the market will be available in the near future but until then the work arounds seem to be doing the trick. Please thank dhacker for his work and diligence getting us this far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#105 fkduytarse

fkduytarse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:fkduytarse

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Fastboot

Thanks Erp! What I ended up having to do was disable all the google services because it wouldn't fastboot while that error was happening. I was able to boot into recovery once the services were disabled and I am currently restoring as we speak.

#106 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

It's pretty disheartening to see people post like that. They obviously didn't read the first post, or any of pages of this thread (There's only 6, come on). Especially when dhacker has worked so hard on these builds for us, and people can't even give him the decency to read the thread or even the OP.

Thanks Erp! What I ended up having to do was disable all the google services because it wouldn't fastboot while that error was happening. I was able to boot into recovery once the services were disabled and I am currently restoring as we speak.

Happy to help

#107 j3t

j3t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

So I've been playing with this ROM all day. Here's what I've got. There's a definite problem booting this thing. It won't boot the majority of the time. Eventually it decides to boot. I can live with that but the deal breaker is I don't get ANY data connectivity unless I go and do the steps listed on the first post. Once I do that I will connect to data. Hope this helps.

#108 j3t

j3t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Fastboot

I need a smaller screen cap please...! HerpaDerp

#109 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

So I've been playing with this ROM all day. Here's what I've got. There's a definite problem booting this thing. It won't boot the majority of the time. Eventually it decides to boot. I can live with that but the deal breaker is I don't get ANY data connectivity unless I go and do the steps listed on the first post. Once I do that I will connect to data. Hope this helps.

ROM boots fine, it's just black screen most of the time until it displays a boot animation for 5 seconds. And that's definitely known by everyone at the moment. No one said data connection was automatic.

#110 j3t

j3t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

ROM boots fine, it's just black screen most of the time until it displays a boot animation for 5 seconds. And that's definitely known by everyone at the moment. No one said data connection was automatic.

I'm not confused. Thanks. It WILL NOT boot for me unless I hard kill it (power +vol) and eventually after a few tries it will boot. If you are having different results that's fantastic, but for me this is what is happening. THANKS! OH TRUE! No one said data would be automatic... they also never said it wouldn't be. Should we list out what has not been specified? Seems the list of what is to not be expected might be a tad longer.

#111 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'm not confused. Thanks. It WILL NOT boot for me unless I hard kill it (power +vol) and eventually after a few tries it will boot. If you are having different results that's fantastic, but for me this is what is happening. THANKS! OH TRUE! No one said data would be automatic... they also never said it wouldn't be. Should we list out what has not been specified? Seems the list of what is to not be expected might be a tad longer.

1x/3G/LTE data working
NOTE: you may have to dial *#*#4636#*#* (or use Phone Info from the market) and toggle data mode between modes. For me toggling to GSM only for 5 sec, WCDMA prefered for 5sec, then to CDMA only until 1x data connects, and finally to GSM/CDMA (auto prl) and leave it. It may take up to a minute to get 1x and then up to a minute to switch to 3G/LTE

That doesn't sound very automatic to me
  • eckdawg5 likes this

#112 RangeOfficer452

RangeOfficer452

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

I have found that wiping cache and dalvik at each boot minimizes the boot time considerably.
  • Erp likes this

#113 7rx

7rx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

First and foremost, thanks dhacker29! Really well done! Looking forward to following your future progress.

And Erp, you beat me to that reply! :P
  • Erp likes this

#114 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

What a way to make your first post...to demand something. If you spend time and read the thread you'll Find your answers.
  • Erp and Hardtime3015 like this

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#115 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

What a way to make your first post...to demand something. If you spend time and read the thread you'll Find your answers.

+1 please dont turn this forum into that "other" forum. We are a pretty easy going group but this is unacceptable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#116 The Admiral

The Admiral

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:sthorderson
  • LocationSL,UT

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

Part of the reason I like this forum software (which is obviously not the same as XDA, but the same one we use at www.geekstogo.com) is the ability to search in a thread while in the thread. Search for market and you'll find every post that mentions the market. it works - that's how I found the market fix on other forums!

Of course, this post is not the OP, so it won't get read by the people who need to read it the most... but it is worth mentioning. Posted Image

#117 brewski

brewski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

In his defense, I am yet to successfully boot this ROM. I have been at it since release and have gotten nowhere. Have gone through it twice all the way from fastbooting back to stock .744, taking the OTA, and reflashing. Same result everytime. Have no problem loading other ROMs. Currently on DT's NONAME.

#118 ballsnaps

ballsnaps

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:TexasRules777
  • Google+:srwesterman@gmail.com
  • LocationAustin,TX

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

I just wanted to say thank's to all the people that took the time to make this rom esp dhacker...this is my first razr rom and for pre alpha it's fantastic! Thank's peeps!

#119 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/eckdawg5

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

keep in mind that the reason this is alpha and not a beta is because you have to take steps to get data and the market to work. Also keep in mind that most devs rarely release their beta's (let alone alpha's) to the public. Be grateful that we have the opportunity to toy with this. All we ask for is that you read the thread before you ask questions (it's only 6 pages, but asking the same questions can add more pages down the road) and that you are patient. The devs aren't doing this for money (donate if you can) and they don't need someone to come here saying "this doesn't work, fix it now". We're all here to help.
Lastly, use the chat...there always seems to be 3-5 knowledgable users on there. Usually you can get a quick response there.

#120 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Please keep things civil. The reason this is still in alpha is because there are still many issues to work out. The developers are aware of them so reiterating problems that're already known doesn't really do them much help, it just adds to the clutter in the thread. Please be sure to read the OP in its entirety and make use of the thread search function as it's extremely useful. Thank you.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dhacker29, ICS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users