Photo

Jellybeans! DROID RAZR HD Verizon New Leak and Atrix HD AT&T Firmware(FXZ)!

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#81 shaddix

shaddix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hmmm... looks like the option to adjust "Audio Effects" in the Settings >> Sounds is no longer available. Don't remember if this was in the older leak or not, but just noticed it now.

Oh no... the audio output in ICS was crap without turning that off.....

#82 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Oh no... the audio output in ICS was crap without turning that off.....

Agreed. It's been the first thing that I disable when setting up a HD, glad to see that kept that off on mine and didn't add 1.2 Jiggawatts of bass that's not needed.

#83 sab3083

sab3083

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

kind of new to all of this, but i installed the leak a few days ago and was just wondering if there will eventually be a way to go from .39 to .41 without reverting back to ics. i just dont wanna lose everything and have to backup and reinstall stuff

#84 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Does anyone confirm that root keeper kept root?

I updated the Super User app and binaries (as well as checked the OTA Root survival option [my issue?]) and backed up root with VooDoo Root Keeper as well and after flashing this, I go to restore root from VooDoo and it says it restored it, but I have NO ROOT???? What gives?

Anyone know a sure fire step by step what you did to keep root?

yep...same thing here...went back to stock ICS, took the OTS update, updated SU, updated binaries, did the Rootkeeper thing...updated to JB...restored root...and no root. well, time for me to get ready for work...I'll have to try again tomorrow...I suppose I'll use the M for today, haha

#85 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

kind of new to all of this, but i installed the leak a few days ago and was just wondering if there will eventually be a way to go from .39 to .41 without reverting back to ics. i just dont wanna lose everything and have to backup and reinstall stuff

nope...we weren't supposed to be going to the leak...which is why it's called a leak...it was never meant to be a stepping stone to the new update..it was them working on updating, and we got ahold of it before they wanted us to, lol...but don't worry...setting up again is no biggie...assuming you did all your backups ;)

#86 sab3083

sab3083

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

nope...we weren't supposed to be going to the leak...which is why it's called a leak...it was never meant to be a stepping stone to the new update..it was them working on updating, and we got ahold of it before they wanted us to, lol...but don't worry...setting up again is no biggie...assuming you did all your backups ;)

i guess ill wait and see if the difference bt .39 and .41 is enough for me to do all that. if not ill wait till 4.2

#87 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

yep...same thing here...went back to stock ICS, took the OTS update, updated SU, updated binaries, did the Rootkeeper thing...updated to JB...restored root...and no root. well, time for me to get ready for work...I'll have to try again tomorrow...I suppose I'll use the M for today, haha

I did the same thing, but I was on OEM stock ICS with the small update, no root.

Downloaded this, then rooted with no reboot, updated Superuser then with voodoo backed up root, then removed the main root.

Updated this morning, restored with voodoo and now root IS WORKING. Just tried with wifi tether, IIRC I have not even rebooted yet since the leaked update.

edit: adb:

D:\android>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
shell@vanquish:/ $ su -
su -
root@vanquish:/ # id
id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1009(mount),1011(adb),1015(sdcard_rw),1028(sdcard_r),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet),3006(net_bw_stats)
root@vanquish:/ #

DOUBLE EDIT: Make sure you are using the Superuser app with the green android with an eye patch, the other one didn't work on the leak (not this version), and was very confusing... forget what it was called but I went through some bouts with it and deleted that bad one. I have Superuser installed now.

#88 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image

#89 jroc

jroc

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Curious about the baseband. I can only assume it went lower for battery life? Or some other lil issue? If this is not too much different than the other leak I will just stay with that.

#90 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Curious about the baseband. I can only assume it went lower for battery life? Or some other lil issue? If this is not too much different than the other leak I will just stay with that.

Lower isn't better. Just a naming convention. I'll admit my bars are better now, haven't checked actual dbms though.

#91 coolestmage

coolestmage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

I'm am having a hard time believing this is going to be the official release. HDMI output is still wonky. There is no way to change the resolution and even the overscan option that was present in ICS is missing. Why would Motorola remove such a useful feature?

#92 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm am having a hard time believing this is going to be the official release. HDMI output is still wonky. There is no way to change the resolution and even the overscan option that was present in ICS is missing. Why would Motorola remove such a useful feature?

Did you even use the overscan feature for very old displays?

I see your point here, but I've never used it.. heck, even netflix isn't even "HD", so there is probably no problem here.

#93 coolestmage

coolestmage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Did you even use the overscan feature for very old displays?

I see your point here, but I've never used it.. heck, even netflix isn't even "HD", so there is probably no problem here.

I use it for plugging into non-standard resolution displays. I have a lapdock and without these hdmi options it doesn't work properly.

#94 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

My lapdock 500 doesn't work, tried with 3 RAZR HD's... what's the trick?

#95 coolestmage

coolestmage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

I picked up a bionic lapdock new for $50 on ebay. I have a maxx hd so I had to shave some plastic around the ports on the dock because the maxx is a bit thicker than the bionic at that area. After that it plugs right in and the keyboard, trackpad, speakers, display, and usb ports all work. It really bugs me that I have to use ICS to get it to actually use the entire screen though.

#96 tbcpn

tbcpn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

yep...same thing here...went back to stock ICS, took the OTS update, updated SU, updated binaries, did the Rootkeeper thing...updated to JB...restored root...and no root. ...

It took me a few power-down / power-up cycles to get root to hold. Initially when I opened TiBU it said it couldn't get root (after hitting "restore root" in VooDoo), powered down, and TiBU got root. Then SU got weird, power cycled again, and all has been root-fine the past 24+ hours. And, this update / leak runs VERY smoothly on my Maxx HD.
Dinc --> DX --> T-Bolt --> Razr --> GNex LTE --> Razr MAXX HD / G-Tab 10.1 LTE / Nexus7 32gb

#97 shaddix

shaddix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

It took me a few power-down / power-up cycles to get root to hold. Initially when I opened TiBU it said it couldn't get root (after hitting "restore root" in VooDoo), powered down, and TiBU got root. Then SU got weird, power cycled again, and all has been root-fine the past 24+ hours. And, this update / leak runs VERY smoothly on my Maxx HD.

Oh my lawd isn't it smooth? This is lightyears ahead of the old froyo/GB days. Every bit as smooth as iOS now

#98 b_wat

b_wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Google+:bwatkins232@gmail.com
  • LocationKnoxville,Tn

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

anybody having some battery issues i only got a little over 7 hours of extremely light use before i had to plug in and charge

#99 meteron

meteron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hmmmm.... I am still getting lag on this.. what gives? I get some stutter lag when scrolling the app drawer sometimes... opening and closing apps.. so weird. But my battery life... phew. I am getting even better battery life than when I was on ICS.

#100 shaddix

shaddix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hmmmm.... I am still getting lag on this.. what gives? I get some stutter lag when scrolling the app drawer sometimes... opening and closing apps.. so weird. But my battery life... phew. I am getting even better battery life than when I was on ICS.

See if setcpu is showing your clock speed is limited?

I see virtually zero lag, I'm having a hard time believing this is android because of how responsive and smooth it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users