papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

55.49KB   18 downloads Have you ever been on a road trip with nothing to do on your tablet because you have already watched and played with all the content on it? Well here is your solution. The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with LTE is the ultimate entertainment system for the road warrior. The Verizon Tab 2 has brought a way for users to be constantly connected to their playlist on the go.

Specs Overview

- 10.1" 1280x800 WXGA 16M color TFT Screen
- 1.5 ghz Dual core processor
- 1 gb of ram
- Verizon LTE
-7000 mAh battery
-Ice Cream Sandwich
- Camera: 3.2MP rear facing, VGA front facing camera
- 8GB internal (actual formatted memory is less) microSD™ Card support, up to 64GB (sold separately)

Display

The display on the Tab 2 is gorgeous. At 10.1 inches you will have no trouble watching movies in high definition. The screen was hard to see in the sun light but was very usable in most conditions.

Performance and Everyday Use
The one area this tablet is lagging is performance. The web browser is laggy because of the older processor and the Ice Cream Sandwich software is not comparable to the Jellybean tablet. The tablet does run games well but for everyday task like web browsering and video playback the tablet needs to improve. The one area that this tablet over performs all others is the network speed. The Tab 2 with LTE is blazing fast when downloading applications and streaming videos. Also, with the ability to swap micro SD cards you will have no trouble downloading all your movies and music. The battery is outstanding for this tablet with display times over 12 hours. Remember, this is a LTE device. The speakers also on this device are great. Music came out clearly but could have been louder. The placement of the speakers are ideal as they face forward.

Build Quality
The build quality could be better. The tablet is made out of a plastic shell which is better then most Samsung devices. The device is very light though for having a LTE and a 7000 mAh battery. The device is also awkward to hold for its size and material. The device is slick and not slick in the cool sense. The device is very hard to hold.

Conclusion

This tablet is a start for Verizon Wireless and Samsung into the world of LTE capable tablets. The idea of having a media device that will always have blazing fast data speeds on the most reliable network is a huge plus. I would recommend this device to people if they can afford the high price tag and a data package. I personally picked one up and I signed up for a data plan so I could use this device while I travel. I would rate this device a 8/10 just because it is missing Jellybean and a more premium feel. If Samsung and Verizon push Jellybean to this device then I will give it a 9/10.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LTE, Samsung, Android, Tablet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users