542 replies to this topic

#481 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,476 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

You guys are up to 98.72.12 now. :) They're getting there. Slowly.
  • kr8os71 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#482 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid incredible 2/ droid RAZRxt912

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

98.72.12???

#483 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

98.72.12???

Higher version of JB that Moto is working on that has not leaked yet

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#484 DrDiff

DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

That's what I am holding out for.

Higher version of JB that Moto is working on that has not leaked yet

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#485 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,476 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Right, sorry, internal build that they're still working on. Guess I should have been more specific. :) Just meant that they're getting closer to a final build for you guys.
  • cvhovey likes this

#486 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Right, sorry, internal build that they're still working on. Guess I should have been more specific. :) Just meant that they're getting closer to a final build for you guys.

You're the man with the bacon... errr... moot.... umm... yeah that stuff. ;)

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#487 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,476 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

You're the man with the bacon... errr... moot.... umm... yeah that stuff. ;)

One of several. :) I'm told that 12 is perhaps not the build that'll get released. ;) 98.72.11 is more likely. cough cough :D

#488 spyder

spyder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Interesting post spyder. Voodoo didn't work for me either, and I ultimately had to do a complete data wipe and reinstall (not to mention reconfigure) every app. It's been quite a nightmare, but everything phone-wise seems to be working fine now, well, except I don't have root. It drove me crazy at first, but I'm just being patient now and waiting. Hopefully a JB root solution will be out soon.

For anyone that's on the fence and isn't sure about updating, just wait. The enhancements from ICS to JB pale in comparison when going from the major releases of GB to ICS.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

TOTALLY AGREED........

I actually was going to make a new topic, but since it is related, just curious, when the actual OTA come up on your phone, I'm guessing that you must hit "Later" then apply the VooDoo things, and then About Phone, etc.

The issue with this: When you are give the OTA, at least this is what happened to me during ICS....after hitting later, then "Check Update", I was told I was up to date, after quite a discussion with a Tier II Tech, I was told about the "Waves" in which the updates are released, and if you postpone you are put into a later wave.

I can't for the life of me fine, but he had given me a long code...(i.e #*12345*&#) to type into the dialer that forces the system to put you to the front of the line. So just FYI out there, know that exists and may be worth asking for.

Also, I'll point out....I mentioned earlier: Anyone familiar with (Beyond VooDoo), the "Protect (Temp-UnRoot)" AND OTA Root Protector checkbox options in the SuperUser App???

Take care all......S

#489 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Glad I'm patient.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#490 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:DonAndres861
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Stupid question: Can I update to the JB OTA leak without using Matt's Utility? I am on the stock .211 ICS, I only rooted and installed Safestrap. I heard people getting an error trying to update with a "clean" start.

#491 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

you need to get the leak,uninstall safestrap then update

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#492 jlh11364

jlh11364

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Dumb question,

I used Matt's Utility, downgraded, then loaded the leak. All seems great except for a little bit of lagginess. Rooting worked perfectly. (as instructed). I am able to use the full Titanium functions, SQL to fix my tethering permissions and everything else shows rooted. Since it does lag, I am ready to reflash to one of the new roms. However, I am having a hard time reinstalling Safestrap. I had v2.11 and put in the new version. It is currenly on the root of the internal card, and I can't install using ES, Total Commander or the stock file explorer. I even tried APK installer. What simple step am I skipping. Is there a new version of CWM for JB on a Razor?

Thanks,

#493 eyeballcrusher13

eyeballcrusher13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Dumb question,

What simple step am I skipping. Is there a new version of CWM for JB on a Razor?

Thanks,

make sure unknown sources is checked in security menu

edit: with JB root exploit out im about to take the plunge and install the leak, now just holding my breath til an aokp source is out.

#494 jlh11364

jlh11364

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I have the unknown box checked. When I try to install, all i get is the choice of which program I would like to use to install. When that happens, a folder is created with the zip file. In the past you could find the apk file or install file. I am coming up short. Is is possible that I have a corrupted SS3.. file?

#495 eyeballcrusher13

eyeballcrusher13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

the ss3 i downloaded was an apk file, i dunno where the zip is coming in, i would try downloading ss3 again

#496 jlh11364

jlh11364

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

I solved the problem. ONce i downloaded the file directly to the phone, it loaded and installed beautifully. I had been trying to load over USB from the computer. Must be the tranition from Windows to Android messed up the file. I would love to learn why this happened. However, it is fixed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

#497 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma
  • Current Device(s):Razr converted into a Maxx

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

hey guys, sorry this is probably a repeated question but i spent a while looking through the thread and got dizzy from looking for it. theres not much said in the OP about the unbrick utility....anybody know what it does exactly? i have a bricked razr on the jb leak and im wondering if that will fix it or if that utility is only for ics users...thanks

#498 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

What you mean bricked??? Can you get to fastboot, or will it not even then on? What happened when this brick happened

#499 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma
  • Current Device(s):Razr converted into a Maxx

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

i was messing around flashing some mods to my nonsafe side for some reason (not sure why i had to go be a idiot) and sure enough it bit me in the rear end because i didnt back up my stock rom and i have nothing to boot into from safestrap...

#500 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Since you can get to safe strap is suggested removing SD card and using a computer And download a ROM, or use a different phone and download ROM and than your have a ROM in SD card and while in safestrap you can apply in romslot 1-4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users