434 replies to this topic

#401 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

I went to read it before I said Thank you, then I decided to try it before I said Thank you - now I get "Security Test Failure - Validation of Cryptographic Module failed. Please Restart!" Can't re-run the new utility to put it back on the "Official ROM Compatibility" Mode!

BRICKED! Thanks for trying... I should have just waited until the real fixes were out!

Matt made a change to the Utility and I'm good now - TripleCore is back up and running. I should have ignored the Soak Test and just stayed where I was with TC 2.5 all set up the way I wanted it with all my Apps, Contacts, eMail, etc. - hindsite is 20/20. Thanks for your reply and sorry for the trouble caused by my foolishness! :-(
Regards, Jim D

#402 ferrari1rider

ferrari1rider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about installing TripleCore on my currently ICS .211 stock Droid Razr. But, has anyone who tried it noticed improvements in battery life or not really?

I am planning on installing TripleCore using the JB Dual Boot Method by xlightwaverx on

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Although I read his post and other new instructions, I am kind of confused as to the process of getting JB Dual Boot on my Non rooted Droid Razr with ICS .211. Is this what I should do?:

1. Connect Razr to PC.
2. Press dualboot.bat.
3. Root.
4. Install Safestrap 3.11.
5. Reboot to Recovery.
6. Choose to install jbboot.img.
7. Reboot and Droid Razr should be on JB 98.72.8 under About Device.
8. If everything works, then I can reboot and install from Recovery, for example this TripleCore Rom?

Am I missing any steps, or are these all the specific steps to a successful installation? I want to prevent bricking my Razr as much as is physically possible because then I will be completely lost :(.

#403 hey_poolboy

hey_poolboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx,

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Anyone else have an issue with the headphone jack not working on this release?
I really like everything, but my jack hasn't worked since I updated. Gonna try a different rom just to see if it's a software issue or hardware.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running a different ROM nearly every day.

#404 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

I've had

Anyone else have an issue with the headphone jack not working on this release?
I really like everything, but my jack hasn't worked since I updated. Gonna try a different rom just to see if it's a software issue or hardware.

I've had HW issues with my jack for months now. It simply doesn't like anything I connect into it - very very touchy but I get it to work once in a blue moon! Its an annoyance, but one I can live with 90% of the time since I have BT headphones and can BT link it to my car. My guess would be that it is more a HW issue then a SW, but I'd verify with another rom.

#405 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Gavin a smallish issue.
the volume bar doesn't seem to be moving towards left or right while.playing music on the play music app.
The volume increase and decreed alright, but its just that the bar doesn't badge.

Regards

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

#406 hey_poolboy

hey_poolboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I've had

I've had HW issues with my jack for months now. It simply doesn't like anything I connect into it - very very touchy but I get it to work once in a blue moon! Its an annoyance, but one I can live with 90% of the time since I have BT headphones and can BT link it to my car. My guess would be that it is more a HW issue then a SW, but I'd verify with another rom.

You are correct. I flashed back to jellywiz last night and it still didn't work. Just gonna have to live with it. At least I'm back on triple core now.

#407 ryankliber

ryankliber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

You are correct. I flashed back to jellywiz last night and it still didn't work. Just gonna have to live with it. At least I'm back on triple core now.

I have many issues with my headphone jack. Twist the plug a bit and it's scratchy, some plugs won't work at all. If I plug in my headphones with a radio shack jack I can maybe get sound for a second and it pauses it and then u hit play and it's coming out of the rear speaker as if there were no headphone plugged in. I had a few audio male to female extension cables and sure enough of I connected the extention to the phone and it's working great. I've seen a lot of 3.5 male plugs off spec due to poor manufacturing (including radio shack stuff) and many phones just don't play nice with them. Hope this helps, I know if I hadn't figured out this extention trick I would've went back to my inc2, music is very important to me.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#408 Charlizarlslie

Charlizarlslie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:Charizarlslie

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

can I flash this if I'm on the ota 98.72.16 or do I have to wait for updated roms for that?

#409 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

can I flash this if I'm on the ota 98.72.16 or do I have to wait for updated roms for that?

It won't work on .16 but it will if you use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

:)
  • jrazrz likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#410 GustaveIII

GustaveIII

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:GusIII
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Has anyone else noticed that the WIFI tether doesn't work in this build? I flashed using SafeStrap, and created a 3GB partition in slot 2 (Nothing in slot 1) and installed Triple Core. I love the ROM, it's gorgeous, fast, quick, and easy (just like most of my girlfriends.) I just can't seem to get the hotspot to work. When I click on the mobile hotspot tether, it says I don't have a subscription to do so (Which is what my stock ROM does.) Is there another zip file I can flash to this rom to activate the tether? I'm really new to the rooted rom thing, and tried a bunch of different roms. This rom is certainly one of the best I've found.

Thanks!

#411 Ryan303

Ryan303

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationtx
  • Current Device(s):razr

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm new at this. Just rooted and installed ss3.11. Followed installation steps and everything seemed to work until I reboot. It loads to safe strap buy won't go any farther it just shuts down and does it again until in stop it and enter recovery.

#412 hey_poolboy

hey_poolboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

I'm new at this. Just rooted and installed ss3.11. Followed installation steps and everything seemed to work until I reboot. It loads to safe strap buy won't go any farther it just shuts down and does it again until in stop it and enter recovery.

Did you delete the rom slot and create a new one? Also, could be a corrupt dl. Check the md5 sums.

#413 hey_poolboy

hey_poolboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Has anyone else noticed that the WIFI tether doesn't work in this build? I flashed using SafeStrap, and created a 3GB partition in slot 2 (Nothing in slot 1) and installed Triple Core. I love the ROM, it's gorgeous, fast, quick, and easy (just like most of my girlfriends.) I just can't seem to get the hotspot to work. When I click on the mobile hotspot tether, it says I don't have a subscription to do so (Which is what my stock ROM does.) Is there another zip file I can flash to this rom to activate the tether? I'm really new to the rooted rom thing, and tried a bunch of different roms. This rom is certainly one of the best I've found.

Thanks!

Search this forum for hot spot hack. You have to change the entitlement check in settings.db. If you look in my past posts there's one where I explained how to do it w/o buying the sql editor app. Works everytime for me.
FYI: the line number for entitlement check has changed since that post.

#414 Ryan303

Ryan303

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationtx
  • Current Device(s):razr

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

Did you delete the rom slot and create a new one? Also, could be a corrupt dl. Check the md5 sums.

I did delete the ROM slot and create a new one. I used slot 1. I tried redownloading with the same results. I just used a md5 checker on the file but I don't know what I'm looking at. It gave me a string of numbers and letters.

#415 GustaveIII

GustaveIII

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:GusIII
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Thanks everyone for the help and information! I just purchased SQLite and did the line 66 update from 1 to 0. It works great now, and a fantastic custom ROM.

#416 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

"S#@k Test done, re-rooted and running TripleCore... Love this ROM. All we need now is to have it ported to the ".16" JB kernel so we don't have to keep changing kernels to go back and forth if needed! Just sayin'... keep up the great work Team SpeedCORE! :rolleyes:

Attached Files

Regards, Jim D

#417 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

"S#@k Test done, re-rooted and running TripleCore... Love this ROM. All we need now is to have it ported to the ".16" JB kernel so we don't have to keep changing kernels to go back and forth if needed! Just sayin'... keep up the great work Team SpeedCORE! :rolleyes:

Does that mean that the BT issues are fixed? I know you had to switch kernals to get it to work - but I'm curious what is broken using the old kernel.

#418 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Got this working myself as well with Matt's kernel tool. I really can't wait for some CNA action on the OTA kernel. I am not a huge fan of the crazy bright green right now. lol

#419 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Does that mean that the BT issues are fixed? I know you had to switch kernals to get it to work - but I'm curious what is broken using the old kernel.

"All we need now is to have it ported to the ".16" JB kernel so we don't have to keep changing kernels to go back and forth if needed!"

No, the switching issue is what I was referring to in my quote above - we still have to do it! I am just hoping Team SpeedCore gets it fixed so we don't have to!
Regards, Jim D

#420 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

"All we need now is to have it ported to the ".16" JB kernel so we don't have to keep changing kernels to go back and forth if needed!"

No, the switching issue is what I was referring to in my quote above - we still have to do it! I am just hoping Team SpeedCore gets it fixed so we don't have to!

How's your battery life been? Mine's been pretty bad so far - thinking I may jump to another rom that's been updated to see if I can get it to be better. I need it to be a daily driver. Just curious dude! I may be back though because I love the TSC roms!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users