Photo

([ROM]) BLACK WIDOW HDish v2 (3|17|13)

heavily debloated deodexed zipaligned zipalign on boot OTA based Enjoy the Darkness Verizon XT912 DROID RAZR DROID RAZR MAXX

• Please log in to reply
808 replies to this topic

#601 wooderson

wooderson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Yes..I had the same problem with no data load with Google+ v3.6, reverted back to v3.5, works great..

Sent by my Black Widow HDish v2 Droid RAZR MAXX-1

Sorry for the stupid question, but how did you install Google+ 3.5? I downloaded the zip, and tried to install using safestrap 3.11, but it gave me an error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#602 HopMonkey

HopMonkey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Sorry for the stupid question, but how did you install Google+ 3.5? I downloaded the zip, and tried to install using safestrap 3.11, but it gave me an error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Uninstall any existing versions of google+
download the 3.5 apk to your phone. I got my .apk from here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

then use something like ES File explorer to install it. No need to boot into safestrap.
You will need to make sure in your security settings that you have allowed unknown applications.

#603 wooderson

wooderson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Uninstall any existing versions of google+
download the 3.5 apk to your phone. I got my .apk from here

then use something like ES File explorer to install it. No need to boot into safestrap.
You will need to make sure in your security settings that you have allowed unknown applications.

Thank you very much. I am not sure what happened, because I thought I did exactly as you wrote. The first time I tried it, I downloaded from that link, but it downloaded as a zip folder. I extracted it, but there were no apk files in it. I went back and repeated, and it downloaded as an apk. I have no clue what I did wrong. Regardless, thank you.

#604 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Tried everything to get FourSquare to work, but every time I try to log in it should up and says that the incorrect Google Play Services is incompatible with my phone and won't let me log in at all.

Anyone figure out why or know what's happening here? It only happens with my FourSquare app, and no other users are reporting this error.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled GPServices, re-installed GPServices, ran my backup app, nothing.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#605 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Tried everything to get FourSquare to work, but every time I try to log in it should up and says that the incorrect Google Play Services is incompatible with my phone and won't let me log in at all.

Anyone figure out why or know what's happening here? It only happens with my FourSquare app, and no other users are reporting this error.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled GPServices, re-installed GPServices, ran my backup app, nothing.

contact the developer of the app. have you ran any other ROMs based on the same version and been able to get it working? if so, if play is what's saying incompatibility, maybe try removing my themed version with a stock phonesky.apk and see if it will work then. its too hard to know if it requires a certain dependency to be in the system, and I gutted this ROM down to what's needed to keep it stable and functional. :ph34r:

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#606 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

contact the developer of the app. have you ran any other ROMs based on the same version and been able to get it working? if so, if play is what's saying incompatibility, maybe try removing my themed version with a stock phonesky.apk and see if it will work then. its too hard to know if it requires a certain dependency to be in the system, and I gutted this ROM down to what's needed to keep it stable and functional. :ph34r:

Gotcha andlaw. Thanks, I'll try the phonesky.apk.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#607 cjn007

cjn007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:clintjnesmith
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Current Device(s):Motrola Droid Razr

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Is it possible to take the stock email app and flash it to this ROM? I can't seem to get the corporate email to connect to my exchange server on this ROM.

#608 HopMonkey

HopMonkey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Is it possible to take the stock email app and flash it to this ROM? I can't seem to get the corporate email to connect to my exchange server on this ROM.

I copied the Gmail.apk from the stock rom to the SD card. Loaded up the rom, uses es file explorer to rename the gmail.apk and then installed the stock one. I love most of the themed apps in this rom. this one wasn't one of them. Couldn't get used to the inverted colors in the emails.

#609 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

you can always push other apks into the system.. just make sure to rename mine with a .bak extension or delete it, however with the way I've debloated this that is more than likely why exchange never works in Any of my ROMs. :ph34r:

and darkness is apart of the ROM, like it or hate it, I will never change it.

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#610 cjn007

cjn007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

you can always push other apks into the system.. just make sure to rename mine with a .bak extension or delete it, however with the way I've debloated this that is more than likely why exchange never works in Any of my ROMs. :ph34r:

I don't expect you to change your ROM, I just need to figure out how to get exchange emails to my phone since my company pays for my phone it's one of those "gotta have it" things for me.

I'm kind of new to this so, what I assume I should do based on other things I've read is:
1. boot into stock
2. go into system/app folder
3. copy the required apk to my external sd card (not enitrely sure which apks I should grab, but probably MotoEmail.apk would be one of them are there any others I should grab to get exchange?)
4. boot back into BlackWidow
5. move apk files into the system/app folder and change permissions to rw-r--r--
6. rename existing apk files with .bak
7. install new apk files
8. reboot

Sound about right or is there something I'm missing?

#611 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

I don't expect you to change your ROM, I just need to figure out how to get exchange emails to my phone since my company pays for my phone it's one of those "gotta have it" things for me.

I'm kind of new to this so, what I assume I should do based on other things I've read is:
1. boot into stock
2. go into system/app folder
3. copy the required apk to my external sd card (not enitrely sure which apks I should grab, but probably MotoEmail.apk would be one of them are there any others I should grab to get exchange?)
4. boot back into BlackWidow
5. move apk files into the system/app folder and change permissions to rw-r--r--
6. rename existing apk files with .bak
7. install new apk files
8. reboot

Sound about right or is there something I'm missing?

won't work.... stock is odex. this is deodxed. if its something you need for work, stay on stock or invest the money on the app I've stated somewhere in post 1-4 about exchange email. Play has paid apps that have exchange working, there are no free ones to my knowledge.... and the small price to pay for not being on stock. sorry.....

Posted Image

#612 cjn007

cjn007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

won't work.... stock is odex. this is deodxed. if its something you need for work, stay on stock or invest the money on the app I've stated somewhere in post 1-4 about exchange email. Play has paid apps that have exchange working, there are no free ones to my knowledge.... and the small price to pay for not being on stock. sorry.....

Ah ok, no worries then. I saw your post about the paid app and I've tried a trial one that is decent, I just wanted to explore all possibilities before forking out the $$ :)

If I were to pull the deodexed version of MotoEmail.apk from say RageRom, do you think the steps above would work?

#613 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Ah ok, no worries then. I saw your post about the paid app and I've tried a trial one that is decent, I just wanted to explore all possibilities before forking out the $$ :)

If I were to pull the deodexed version of MotoEmail.apk from say RageRom, do you think the steps above would work?

doubtful, for the fact this has been HEAVILY debloated of all Moto/Verizon bloat. Some apps like that require multiple other apks to be installed in the system for them to work, and i am not sure of what dependencies that are required for Exchange to work. If its something you want to explore and dont mind testing, you can always download a stock deodexed ROM base, start pulling and pushing most of the bloat back into the system until you manage to get it working.... it will be time consuming but that is an alternative if you dont wanna shell out the money for a Paid app that would then work on any and all ROMs your thinking of running in the future. just a thought :ph34r:!
  • cjn007 likes this

Posted Image

#614 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

ohh btw, was talking with Wulf the other night, a port of Resident Evil has been made, just down to contacts/phone and it should be ready for release, soon!! :ph34r: :ph34r:
  • cjn007 and soundgirl101 like this

Posted Image

#615 HopMonkey

HopMonkey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

I wouldn't expect you to change the overall theme of the ROM. I for one love it. Just had a few issues with some apps and them not seeing the google services correctly. Replacing the stock phonesky.apk took care of them though. Keep up the great work.

#616 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

I wouldn't expect you to change the overall theme of the ROM. I for one love it. Just had a few issues with some apps and them not seeing the google services correctly. Replacing the stock phonesky.apk took care of them though. Keep up the great work.

word, ya sometimes some apps dont like themed versions.. aka (unsigned),

glad you got it going though.. B)

Posted Image

#617 cjn007

cjn007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

doubtful, for the fact this has been HEAVILY debloated of all Moto/Verizon bloat. Some apps like that require multiple other apks to be installed in the system for them to work, and i am not sure of what dependencies that are required for Exchange to work. If its something you want to explore and dont mind testing, you can always download a stock deodexed ROM base, start pulling and pushing most of the bloat back into the system until you manage to get it working.... it will be time consuming but that is an alternative if you dont wanna shell out the money for a Paid app that would then work on any and all ROMs your thinking of running in the future. just a thought :ph34r:!

Did some fiddling with different apks and got it to work!! BW ftw
  • andlaw likes this

#618 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Did some fiddling with different apks and got it to work!! BW ftw

nice! care to share which they were and I will make it into a flashable zip for others :)

Posted Image

#619 cjn007

cjn007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

nice! care to share which they were and I will make it into a flashable zip for others :)

Sure thing.

Those are the 2 apk files needed for exchange to work.

Those are what worked when I tested it out. It is similar to the steps I described above except, I had to uninstall your Email.apk & MotoEmailConfig.apk for it to work.

Thanks for this great ROM and for all the work you put in it!
  • andlaw likes this

#620 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Sure thing.

Those are the 2 apk files needed for exchange to work.

Those are what worked when I tested it out. It is similar to the steps I described above except, I had to uninstall your Email.apk & MotoEmailConfig.apk for it to work.

Thanks for this great ROM and for all the work you put in it!

nice! atleast it was just those 2 heh, and thanks I will get these in a flash able zip and added into the Mods list, and your welcome! glad your enjoying the ROM. BW ftw!!!!! !! :ph34r:

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heavily debloated, deodexed, zipaligned, zipalign on boot, OTA based, Enjoy the Darkness, Verizon XT912, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users