Photo

([ROM]) BLACK WIDOW HDish v2 (3|17|13)

heavily debloated deodexed zipaligned zipalign on boot OTA based Enjoy the Darkness Verizon XT912 DROID RAZR DROID RAZR MAXX

• Please log in to reply
808 replies to this topic

#101 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Not having any luck with getting Google calendar to work. Any tips?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk 2

#102 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Not having any luck with getting Google calendar to work. Any tips?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk 2

I'm working on a calendar sync fix for the next update. .. :ph34r:

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2™

• mugsy77 and trikotret like this

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#103 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

lol...Glad you re-read it ;)

He just got distracted from your avatar ;)

#104 jessesmith121

jessesmith121

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationKansas City , MO

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

+++really +++++++++++++++++++smoo+th I ;ove hte hd interface

#105 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

flashed 4 times, wiped system and did factory reset, and flashed twice more after deleting a slot and creating a fresh one. Tried on Slot 1 and Slot 2, but I could never get it to show the notifications bar, or even install settings or the play store. Looks great, but I can't use something that doesn't (reportedly) have the calendar syncing. gorgeous UI, and what I could tell, incredibly smooth. Keep up the great work, look forward to testing later versions.

*small request* would you consider skinning the email as well? I know it's pathetic, but my gradschool uses outlook *Sigh*

#106 desdecardo

desdecardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Nice rom. Really smooth.

It took me three flashes on Rom Slot 1 to get it to work.

First time I deleted Rom Slot 1 then followed the directions in the OP and fixed permissions at the end. Kept getting Apex has stopped responding. Couldnt even get it to load the UI.

Second, deleted ROM slot 1 then followed the directions (without fixing the permissions) and could get it to finish booting up. No setup and nothing but icons in the UI.

Third, followed the directions (no deletion of ROM SLOT 1 this time) then Fixed permissions right after install. Then wiped caches and rebooted. Installed and rebooted fine.

I got the the Stoped responding message from the verizon app and froze it in TiBu. I dont use the verizon apps at all so it didnt matter for me.

Actually have gotten improved Wifi strength with this rom when compared to the other Rom I was on. Pretty happy with it. Good job, Andlaw. Going to use this till there is an update. Its stable once you get past whatever is causing the hangup on flashing.
  • crf450r420 likes this
~~Current Rom: Black Widow HDish~~

#107 pattersonx

pattersonx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Anybody else have problems with MMS? App crashes on me when trying to send pics..

#108 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Anybody else have problems with MMS? App crashes on me when trying to send pics..

yea it's the aosp one. I just use go sms pro until it's resolved

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#109 k9nikita

k9nikita

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Man I am so glad to see you back and running on the JB rom! I would agree I hope you make a White Widow theme as well, love the all black/white look. Thanks again for the great work!

#110 pattersonx

pattersonx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

yea it's the aosp one. I just use go sms pro until it's resolved

thanks

#111 Prymaldark

Prymaldark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:Prymaldark
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):XT912M, TF700T, NookST

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

If you can deal with the notification on boot, the VZW app will work. I have not used it since the ICS OTA, as I recall that update broke it. I it works fine for me now, other than the quick dialog on boot.

Am I just missing it, or have the alarm/timer applications disappeared?

I really like the new notification toggles widget, it seems like someone blasted it with gamma rays.

#112 crf450r420

crf450r420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Locationmelbourne
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Nice rom. Really smooth.

It took me three flashes on Rom Slot 1 to get it to work.

First time I deleted Rom Slot 1 then followed the directions in the OP and fixed permissions at the end. Kept getting Apex has stopped responding. Couldnt even get it to load the UI.

Second, deleted ROM slot 1 then followed the directions (without fixing the permissions) and could get it to finish booting up. No setup and nothing but icons in the UI.

Third, followed the directions (no deletion of ROM SLOT 1 this time) then Fixed permissions right after install. Then wiped caches and rebooted. Installed and rebooted fine.

I got the the Stoped responding message from the verizon app and froze it in TiBu. I dont use the verizon apps at all so it didnt matter for me.

Actually have gotten improved Wifi strength with this rom when compared to the other Rom I was on. Pretty happy with it. Good job, Andlaw. Going to use this till there is an update. Its stable once you get past whatever is causing the hangup on flashing.

I fixed permissions and wiped both cache after install and before boot. Got it first try. Looks like this is the key to a one time install.

#113 crf450r420

crf450r420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Locationmelbourne
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

If you can deal with the notification on boot, the VZW app will work. I have not used it since the ICS OTA, as I recall that update broke it. I it works fine for me now, other than the quick dialog on boot.

Am I just missing it, or have the alarm/timer applications disappeared?

I really like the new notification toggles widget, it seems like someone blasted it with gamma rays.

It's in the clock.

• Prymaldark likes this

#114 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

k, figure i would keep you guys in the loop! i am working on another build, hopefully the calendar fix and setup issues are resolved, its almost testing time so i will keep you guys updated. .. :ph34r: so keep an eye out o_O
  • neckchop, jamminjon82, BladeRunner and 2 others like this

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#115 Prymaldark

Prymaldark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:Prymaldark
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):XT912M, TF700T, NookST

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Thanks, the alarms I am the clock. Any idea where the countdown timer went? I prefer to use that when making pizza, etc.

Anyone have suggestions other than Gosms for mms? I can not bring myself to install an app that makes the claim, in caps no less, "YOU MUST HAVE IT". Not to mention the numerous spelling and grammatical errors in the Play listing; or that one of the three top comments specifically mentions that it is a major spammer.

#116 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Thanks, the alarms I am the clock. Any idea where the countdown timer went? I prefer to use that when making pizza, etc.

Anyone have suggestions other than Gosms for mms? I can not bring myself to install an app that makes the claim, in caps no less, "YOU MUST HAVE IT". Not to mention the numerous spelling and grammatical errors in the Play listing; or that one of the three top comments specifically mentions that it is a major spammer.

Try Handcent

#117 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I use Chomp SMS...too many issues with Hand cent and Go SMS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#118 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I use Chomp SMS...too many issues with Hand cent and Go SMS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I dislike GO anything, but Handcent always worked flawlessly for me. Really, it's just about digging around and finding something you like and that works for you.
  • usmcamgrimm likes this

#119 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

those options are only apart of Aosp roms, not the Blur based Deskclock which is included in this ROM. some Aosp counterparts dont play nicely with blur. .. i can try getting it to work again, but first things first~

getting this damn setup to work on first boot, going back re-theming every single apk in the system/app directory, going back and going to re-invert the stock messaging app and hopefully get that working, still not sure why it FC last time, but it worked lol.... stock email is now inverted, hmmmmm............. cant remember if there were other requests atm but im going to hopefully get this build as Stable as all of my other ROMs i have released in the past. Its been eating me up releasing $#!+ that runs great, but is a PITA to get installed.. hopefully this all is resolved in Todays update. :ph34r:
  • GroovyDeus, neckchop, rayross and 3 others like this

Posted Image

#120 DEMO333

DEMO333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the hard work this ROM is my favorite :).
They take me 5 times to get it work but I love it so far.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heavily debloated, deodexed, zipaligned, zipalign on boot, OTA based, Enjoy the Darkness, Verizon XT912, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users