• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

For some reason I can't get hotspot to work it just freezes up

Just found this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I can enable it now, will be testing within the hour to report if it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#882 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

That link did the trick. Tethering working perfectly now.

#883 hddeuce60

hddeuce60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Works! Awesome

#884 kavorkme

kavorkme

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

hey guys & girls, would like to thank all those involved in bringing this ROM out and sharing!

installed and running great!   too awesome!   very smooth!    

keep up the fantabulous work!   ;)

• adamjmtz likes this

#885 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

The battery life is sick on this ROM. I've been running it for about a week now and was running great. But, i've noticed some significant lag lately. Anyone else?

#886 Andeh

Andeh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

The battery life is sick on this ROM. I've been running it for about a week now and was running great. But, i've noticed some significant lag lately. Anyone else?

I've noticed the same thing after several days, and can't pinpoint what's causing it.  I suspect that it's some remaining Moto software, but that's just a guess.  I know it's not the launcher because I use Nova, and I get the lag with either a live wallpaper or a fixed one.  Other stock apps I use are messaging and mail.  Regardless, it's not a huge deal to reboot my phone once a week for this level of stability, smoothness, lack of bloat, and battery life.  

I tried the official CM10.1 nightlys for a few days and am back on Nexesque because I got sick of stupid bugs like randomly losing audio or WiFi, still getting speaker audio when connected via Bluetooth to my truck, as well as MASSIVE lag whenever I dropped it in my vehicle dock (was fine when connected to a normal charger or just to truck's Bluetooth).  Really the only features that Nexesque doesn't have from CM10.1 that I really like are the customizeable unlock actions and the settings drop-down.

#887 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

I have had this phone since ICS and on so many roms cant count. There bugs in 4.2.2 but the end result is always the same 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 LAG. It is the phone no other explanation.

#888 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

I've noticed the same thing after several days, and can't pinpoint what's causing it.  I suspect that it's some remaining Moto software, but that's just a guess.  I know it's not the launcher because I use Nova, and I get the lag with either a live wallpaper or a fixed one.  Other stock apps I use are messaging and mail.  Regardless, it's not a huge deal to reboot my phone once a week for this level of stability, smoothness, lack of bloat, and battery life.  

I tried the official CM10.1 nightlys for a few days and am back on Nexesque because I got sick of stupid bugs like randomly losing audio or WiFi, still getting speaker audio when connected via Bluetooth to my truck, as well as MASSIVE lag whenever I dropped it in my vehicle dock (was fine when connected to a normal charger or just to truck's Bluetooth).  Really the only features that Nexesque doesn't have from CM10.1 that I really like are the customizeable unlock actions and the settings drop-down.

I was using the stock launcher. So yeah, that wasn't it. I had been using the rooted stock ROM with odexed apps for months prior to flashing this one. Never had a lag issue. The battery life is not near as good as this ROM but, I am back to tip-top performance (no lagging). I'm starting to think that deodexed apps may be cause for several ROM lag issues. JMHO.

#889 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

I also experienced some lag yesterday. Changed my Setcpu governor to smatass2 from lulzactive to see if that hopefully fixes things.

#890 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

On the new governor its running much smoother. I also uninstalled Smart Actions since I don't use it. Read somewhere that the app may cause issues with freezing so I just uninstalled it with Titanium Backup. Rom has the best battery life out of all the ones I have flashed. Many thanks to the dev that put this together. My phone wouldn't be the same without you. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  • adamjmtz likes this

#891 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:45 AM

any plans to update to the new OTA?

#892 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

any plans to update to the new OTA?

I probably won't update until the next major software update (aka 4.2 or 4.3). And then I'll have to wait for someone to deodex the stock ROM because I don't know how to do that. Most of the recent updates are pretty minor and mostly served as a veil to prevent rooting and unlocking bootloaders.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

Posted Image

#893 wyandt

wyandt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

I was on Nexesque since the beginning, I switched to CM 10.2 to try out 4.3. Now I want to go back to Nexesque but I cannot get the zip to load using twrp 2.5. Keeps saying Failed. Any ideas or help. Thank you.

#894 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

I was on Nexesque since the beginning, I switched to CM 10.2 to try out 4.3. Now I want to go back to Nexesque but I cannot get the zip to load using twrp 2.5. Keeps saying Failed. Any ideas or help. Thank you.

I suspect that when  you flashed CM you also flashed a different kernel.  You may have to flash a 4.1 kernel...don't forget to mount system.

• wyandt likes this

#895 wyandt

wyandt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

I suspect that when you flashed CM you also flashed a different kernel. You may have to flash a 4.1 kernel...don't forget to mount system.

I have Googled for a kernel with no luck. Do you have any places to look? Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#896 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

I have Googled for a kernel with no luck. Do you have any places to look? Thanks again. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think there's a link to one in the rage HD or aviator ROM op's

• wyandt likes this

Posted Image

#897 wyandt

wyandt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

I think there's a link to one in the rage HD or aviator ROM op's

Thank You! That did the trick. :-)

#898 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

On the new governor its running much smoother. I also uninstalled Smart Actions since I don't use it. Read somewhere that the app may cause issues with freezing so I just uninstalled it with Titanium Backup. Rom has the best battery life out of all the ones I have flashed. Many thanks to the dev that put this together. My phone wouldn't be the same without you. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Are those governors installed with this ROM or did you have to flash from other source?

#899 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Are those governors installed with this ROM or did you have to flash from other source?

No they are not.

I flashed the kernel from here. Just make sure you get the right one. Wipe cache and dalvik cache before you flash the file.

You are looking for version 0.18 for Jellybean of course.

#900 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

No they are not.

I flashed the kernel from here. Just make sure you get the right one. Wipe cache and dalvik cache before you flash the file.

You are looking for version 0.18 for Jellybean of course.

Thanks, man.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr, nexus, aosp, rom, 4.3 camera, moto x, photo sphere, motorola, mhous33, Kit Kat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users