• Please log in to reply
1460 replies to this topic

#101 bL33d

bL33d

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

hmm for some reason i cant put this in stock rom slot i can install most roms in stock slot except this one.

#102 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

hmm for some reason i cant put this in stock rom slot i can install most roms in stock slot except this one.

Someone else had this problem, I don't know why that is.

Posted Image

#103 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Someone else had this problem, I don't know why that is.

I didnt think you could install any roms in stock slot if we could they would all have a lot less lag.

#104 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I didnt think you could install any roms in stock slot if we could they would all have a lot less lag.

I don't get much lag with this, Fuzion, Vitreous, or Inflikted. All of them seem to run smoothly.
  • bboyles4 likes this

#105 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

I don't get much lag with this, Fuzion, Vitreous, or Inflikted. All of them seem to run smoothly.

If you want to compare set up your stoc rom in stock slot just like the others. Its not the Devs fault just what safestrap is + Moto juzt screwed up JB.

#106 DonKilluminati

DonKilluminati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

I actually still get moments of lag with vit. and fuzion, this is the first rom I've tried that has eliminated all of it, so far anyways. Ill certainly be sticking with this rom until cm/aokp are daily drivers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#107 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

If you want to compare set up your stoc rom in stock slot just like the others. Its not the Devs fault just what safestrap is + Moto juzt screwed up JB.

Every ROM I've run has run more smoothly than the stock Motorola version. I don't think the slot it's in has an impact on speed, it's just a different partition.

#108 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

I wish I could say the same. Safestrap is like a virtual rom which I think like on my computer it runs off the main program which would be JB. So it has to go through it so its gonna make it a little slower. This is just my dumb opinion all I no is I have a virtual windows 8 on my computer and its slow as $#!+ lol.

#109 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Not sure if this will cure anyone's woes, but maybe try clearing cache from system recovery (i.e. not safestrap). I used to do this periodically on my og razr, and it would speed things up.

Posted Image

#110 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Not sure if this will cure anyone's woes, but maybe try clearing cache from system recovery (i.e. not safestrap). I used to do this periodically on my og razr, and it would speed things up.

Yeah I remember that for a fix on the Bionic to somebody else mentioned it here also. I guess you can pickup an app from the store to but much easier to clear it in stock recovery.

#111 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Widgetsoid toggle widgets have an option to make one of the buttons a "clear cache" toggle. I've been using that. I'm not sure, but I think that one might require you to make Widgetsoid into a system app (which can be done with Titanium Backup).

#112 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

That app looks pretty good, I may have to give it a shot and see if it's better than power toggles. I'm working on getting the install to go more smoothly right now and looking into adding a few more things to make it more like stock android. Let me know if you experience any other weirdness.

The thing I don't like about using Power Toggles or Widgetsoid for pull-down toggles is that they don't stay on top unless you allow them to have a notification icon or at least a blank space in the navbar. Not sure if the Notification Toggles app functions the same way.

#113 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

The thing I don't like about using Power Toggles or Widgetsoid for pull-down toggles is that they don't stay on top unless you allow them to have a notification icon or at least a blank space in the navbar. Not sure if the Notification Toggles app functions the same way.

Im using it and yes they di jocky for position in the pulldown no big deal though

#114 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

You cant get into stockrecovery in with safe instaled can you

#115 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

There might be a Power Toggle to clear cache, because there's one in Widgetsoid, which works similarly.

#116 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

There might be a Power Toggle to clear cache, because there's one in Widgetsoid, which works similarly.

There are a bunch in the store but I dont think there gonna clear the system just each slot but then whats the difference just do each one I dunno

#117 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

You can, just shut down and do the 3 finger salute to reboot into recovery.

Posted Image

#118 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

You can, just shut down and do the 3 finger salute to reboot into recovery.

I tried just gets you into safe we have no stock recovery just safestrap unless you uninztall it

#119 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

There are a bunch in the store but I dont think there gonna clear the system just each slot but then whats the difference just do each one I dunno

The option in Widgetsoid says "clear the cache of all apps." I don't think the cache within other ROM slots would be a an issue for the ROM slot you're currently running.

#120 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

The option in Widgetsoid says "clear the cache of all apps." I don't think the cache within other ROM slots would be a an issue for the ROM slot you're currently running.

What the heck cant hurt to try.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr, nexus, aosp, rom, 4.3 camera, moto x, photo sphere, motorola, mhous33, Kit Kat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users