• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

Any eta on when an update for the 3.38 release will be to fix the battery drain issue? I saw a fix for a script, but I wasn't sure if that definitely fixed it or not?

Thanks!

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#1402 sk8ingdroid

sk8ingdroid

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXXX HD

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

I love this rom only rom on safestrap that doesnt lag like crazy actually its really smooth but i havent updated it in a while i think im on 3.3 or 3.4. i know it says be unlocked on the OP but the previous versions I have works with safestrap and since there is the kernel included into the rom is it fine to use 3.8 on safestrap(i dont think so right)? i wouldnt mind staying its just im having a weird issue with texts. sometimes i get a notifation and my phone vibrates but it never shows up on the app. it happens like once a day some times more if im texting alot. not sure if this is a problem with the old version or not. 

thanks in advance!

#1403 kraven

kraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

I love this rom only rom on safestrap that doesnt lag like crazy actually its really smooth but i havent updated it in a while i think im on 3.3 or 3.4. i know it says be unlocked on the OP but the previous versions I have works with safestrap and since there is the kernel included into the rom is it fine to use 3.8 on safestrap(i dont think so right)? i wouldnt mind staying its just im having a weird issue with texts. sometimes i get a notifation and my phone vibrates but it never shows up on the app. it happens like once a day some times more if im texting alot. not sure if this is a problem with the old version or not.
thanks in advance!

Try this :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent From Mars

• legend221 likes this

#1404 sk8ingdroid

sk8ingdroid

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXXX HD

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Try this :

Sent From Mars

Thanks kraven  i tried it now i hope itll work

• kraven likes this

#1405 Robtobular

Robtobular

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

I flashed this ROM with TWRP and its worked perfectly for about a week and then drastically slowed down. Any idea what's causing the slowdown? I'm not seeing any additional battery drain?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#1406 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Try this :

Sent From Mars

I use this daily to make sure my device is running in tip top shape.

#1407 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

Been running 3.6 for MONTHS. Perfect ROM. Never even considering moving on to something else or even upgrading it. The only thing I run is Cache Cleaner at 4AM daily.

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#1408 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

Well, I bit the bullet and decided to try 3.8, even though people seem to be having problems. I've been running 3.6 for months and was pretty happy with it, although it did seem to get laggy after a bit, which cleared up with a reboot. Otherwise, no major issues at all with 3.6.

So far, after about 12 hours, it's working great. Wifi is fine, 4g is fine, blue tooth is fine. Battery life seems great as well, so I'll keep playing with it to see what, if any issues, come up. It seems more snappy than 3.6, but that could be just my imagination.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#1409 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:20 AM

Ok. I have discovered my first issue which is kind of a problem with 3.8 that I didn't have under 3.6.   When hooked up to my PC, it registers and I can shell into it. However, within about 30 seconds, it disconnects and then reconnects. It does this about every 30 seconds. It doesn't do this to me under other ROMs or stock or in TWRP recovery. I've wiped the phone and reinstalled the ROM twice now and the same issue occurs.   I've switched out cables (from the one supplied to me with the phone to another one for my Nexus 7). The results are the same. Every 30 seconds, it disconnects and then reconnects.   Has anyone else encountered this?  

UPDATE
I found the issue. There is an init.d set up I like to use that allows adb remount to work. It uses a modified adbd and I think this is the issue.

UPDATE 2
Now there is definitely an issue.  Whatever init.d process is running to process the script files in /etc/init.d is apparently rerunning the scripts constantly. Hense, this is the reason it kept disconnecting every 30 seconds or so. There is apparently a bug in the way the init.d process is running.

There is an extra script that I have that replaces the /sbin/adbd executable so that "adb remount" works. It pretty much makes the shell run in root mode all the time. Yes, I know, not safe, but I'm already rooted, right?

in any case, whatever process has been set up to do init.d is constantly rerunning the scripts over and over again. I've verified this by monitoring the date/time stamp created by the /etc/init.d/init.d.loader.test scripts.

I do an ls -l /data/init.d.loader.test to show what the date/time stamp is of the file. I then do the "ls" multiple times and you can see about every 6 to 7 seconds, the init.d process goes and fires off all the scripts in the /etc/init.d directory again. This shouldn't happen. It's almost like it's running as a cron job. Definitely not a good thing. I've attached a screen shot so you can see.

Is there a way to circumvent this init.d process so it won't keep running? I'm not sure how the dev baked it into this ROM, but it's definitely an issue in 3.8.

UPDATE 3
Well, I have two scripts that I use in init.d. One replaces the adbd process with one that allows me to do "adb remount". The other mounts various directories on the external SD card to directories on the internal SD card (mainly, my DCIM, amazonmp3 and Pictures directories).

I updated both scripts to check for the presense of a file. if it doesn't exist, then it means the script hasn't ran yet and so they go ahead and run their logic.

Since the current init.d process is running every 6 seconds or so, this will prevent it from remounting my directories every 6 seconds as well as not replacing the adbd process every 6 seconds. The AdbdS script in init.d sleeps for 30 seconds, then kills the current adbd process, replaces it with the new version to allow 'adb remount' and then restarts adbd. This should only happen once upon reboot, but since the init.d process is running the scripts every 6 seconds, this explains why I was seeing my shell window die every 30 seconds or so.

In any case, I have it working fine now, but I still would like to see the init.d process not run constantly every 6 seconds.

Attached Files

2cqd4t2.png

#1410 Robtobular

Robtobular

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

When you run LagFix do you check the system box? Looks like it doesn't default to checked so I'm nervous to run it.

#1411 lloydsw

lloydsw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

I installed 3.8 via safestrap (only option I have).  Whenever I reboot the phone, gapps & the browser give messages that the process has stopped..  I've tried numerous installs, including removing the slot, wiping everything, etc.  I didn't see anyone else in this thread mention it.  Any ideas?

• Incipit likes this

#1412 lloydsw

lloydsw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

My bad:  I didn't mean the above post to be a complaint. So...I really like this ROM.  Functionally, everything seems to work - except for the messages above.  I got around the browser by installing Chrome.  I'm not sure what  having the gapps process stop does to me.  But again, I really like it.

#1413 lloydsw

lloydsw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

My further bad.  While having fun w/ Google, I came across this:

While none of the fixes worked for me, it's apparently not that uncommon.  So I guess I will learn to live with it.

#1414 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

When you run LagFix do you check the system box? Looks like it doesn't default to checked so I'm nervous to run it.

Run it daily myself. Nothing to worry, everything to gain.

#1415 raj281977

raj281977

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

I am on 3.6 and getting those ciphering notifications. I installed the replaced  the original frameswork-res.apk with one provided in earlier posts to stop these notifications. Now my phone is in bootloop. Guys how can i get rid of these notifications.

#1416 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

I am on 3.6 and getting those ciphering notifications. I installed the replaced the original frameswork-res.apk with one provided in earlier posts to stop these notifications. Now my phone is in bootloop. Guys how can i get rid of these notifications.

This is a fix that alot of people have used to fix the ciphering issue. Is this exactly what you did?

#1417 Playb3yond

Playb3yond

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

v3.8 gives me an error when flashing in safestrap

#1418 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

Strange. I don't use safestrap since I have an unlocked bootloader.

You might have a bad download. Try downloading it again and see if that helps.

v3.8 gives me an error when flashing in safestrap

2cqd4t2.png

#1419 vvv

vvv

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

I have definitely seen this problem with instagram. I always thought it was the app itself and not the ROM. I'll do some experimenting and find out.

Sent from my Moto X Developer Edition via Tapatalk Pro

Btw this problem is solved on Kitkat

jp1044, are you planning to roll out new rom? :)

#1420 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

Btw this problem is solved on Kitkat

jp1044, are you planning to roll out new rom? :)

Yep. The last day of the school year is tomorrow so I will have lots of time to release a new version based on the KK update.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• ibolski and legend221 like this

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr, nexus, aosp, rom, 4.3 camera, moto x, photo sphere, motorola, mhous33, Kit Kat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users