Photo

I Have What Seems Like A Severe Problem Here.....

problems issues help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

OK...... from square one.....

I have a RAZR MAXX. I am running the Arctic ROM with the Simplicity theme. LOVE IT!!!!

BUT!!!! (dontcha love big butts?) HA!!

I just tried to install the "back to stock" from Big DX. I wiped data/cache......woops!!! when i was pulling my phone from my pocket, I hit the power button and rebooted the phone before the install of "back to stock". When my phone booted back up, I touched all four corners of the "android screen" (the one that starts your setup) so I could skip all the setting up just to root, install the razr boot strap apk and get back to installing the stock rom. So I press the "menu" button, choose "settings" and the menu just collapses and does not take me to "settings". So I try it again and again with the same results. Then I go into my SD card and try to install the razr bootstrap apk.... and my "install blocked" prompt pops up. So I tried to go to setting from there and MY LAUNCHER FCs. What the.....?!!! :huh: I mean.... my face looked exactly like the face I just inserted. Cornfused as all get out!! AAAAANNNNDah...... My computer will not recognize my phone...... so I can't go into RSD to get back to factory!!! So just to recap....

1. Can't get to "settings" menu to allow for unkown programs and to enable USB debugging
2. My computer will not recognize my phone.

Hopefully someone can help me. If not, good news.... I'm stuck with an awesome ROM and great theme! :lol: :D I just wanted to get to 173. Well, anyone want to try to help? OOOHH...... and ....... yes....... I tried recovery mode and going through the entire system setup the right way.

Calling all devs!!! thanks. and God bless you guys for trying.
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#2 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Are you on a windows pc? Did you install the moto drivers on your computer? Mine didn't recognize my phone until I installed the moto drivers first. Windows can be a b!tch sometimes.... if you have a 64 bit system, make sure to install the 64 drivers first... your computer should see the phone in fastboot mode if the drivers are working properly.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#3 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Already did every single thing needed (by the exact directions). My computer is a 32 bit system. Can't even use Matt's utility to fix..... can't get to my settings menu. All of the options to choose in the settings menu is not working on my phone...... location and security......... keyboard and language........ USB debugging..... all that stuff. Nothing. Why would I need the 64 bit drivers for a 32 bit Windows laptop? :D sorry...... not being a smart rear end..... just wondering. I'm not new to this...... I'm just not at a dev level, ya know" :unsure:

#4 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Already did every single thing needed (by the exact directions). My computer is a 32 bit system. Can't even use Matt's utility to fix..... can't get to my settings menu. All of the options to choose in the settings menu is not working on my phone...... location and security......... keyboard and language........ USB debugging..... all that stuff. Nothing. Why would I need the 64 bit drivers for a 32 bit Windows laptop? :D sorry...... not being a smart rear end..... just wondering. I'm not new to this...... I'm just not at a dev level, ya know" :unsure:

If you go into chat I will help you.

EDIT: Going to dinner now (5pm PST) should be online after.

Edited by mattlgroff, 17 February 2012 - 04:47 PM.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#5 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

hey matt.... I just went into chat and saw you leave..... WAIT!!! LOL

#6 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Matt! I tried to use your utility for the razr, but I have to be able to access USB debugging. And I can't!!!..... I just need to find out how to access my setting menu. Is there a way to do that from a terminal...... you know.... to push it or somethin'? I dunno......

#7 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Matt! I tried to use your utility for the razr, but I have to be able to access USB debugging. And I can't!!!..... I just need to find out how to access my setting menu. Is there a way to do that from a terminal...... you know.... to push it or somethin'? I dunno......

Open fastboot mode you don't need debugging enabled for it.
I am heading back soon.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

EDIT: In chat now. 7pm PST

Edited by mattlgroff, 17 February 2012 - 06:43 PM.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: problems issues, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users