[Bootstrap Recovery] Ics Leak Specific

recovery ics leak custom recovery ics recovery

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

The restore option hasn't been tested so I don't recommend doing it.

Sent from my Rooted Stock ICS Droid RAZR using tapatalk.

^^ This was posted after that. I just forgot to edit my post, nand restore had NOT been tested by me. I just meant to say in the OP that I successfully backed up, not restored. Again though, as I just said, I will test it. I'm about 80% sure it won't work.

#42 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Just to add:

Here is what I have successfully done with the Recovery so far:

Nandroid backup
Wiped Cache Parition
Wiped Dalvik
Flashed the Beats Audio zip file
Mounted /system in Recovery
Reboot to Recovery
Reboot system

EDIT: Nand restore does NOT work.

#43 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

Thanks for the clarification Hicks! Sorry if i came off like a tool, lol

sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

Posted Image

#44 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

You wanna give me the Beats audio file? :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#45 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Was there an ICS version made? The only one released that I have seen was for GB.

#46 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for the clarification Hicks! Sorry if i came off like a tool, lol

sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

Not a problem man, you didn't come off like a tool at all. Sorry for the posts being confusing and contradicting. They have all been fixed now to reflect that nand restore does NOT work.

It was one page back

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Was there an ICS version made? The only one released that I have seen was for GB.

It's not OS specific. Works perfectly on ICS as well.

#47 Nickcm1820

Nickcm1820

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

So to be sure, the beats audio zip works with the ics leak?

#48 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

So to be sure, the beats audio zip works with the ics leak?

Lol look 1 post above yours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#49 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

All of the links are dead. Can you add one?

sent from Dr. dre's studio with eminem.
a what? an android? whats that?

#50 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

All of the links are dead. Can you add one?

sent from Dr. dre's studio with eminem.

Sure can! I'll have a link up in the OP in a few minutes.

#51 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Link posted in Post #2. I'm also going to update the OP and clean it up a little.

#52 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

@

Reading this thread, seems that I do not want to install Beats and if I needed to do a restore of my ics leak back up too. I do have the ics leak file on my computer so I would think I would be able to install like before. I do not want to mess up my phone or not being able to be on ics. ICS is the best rom I have had on phone by far. So, do you have any current information if restoring a backup of ics works right. Also that beats still works. I have the beats file on my computer I got from your link. I just want to make sure. I do not want to stray from our sight for knowledge. This is the best razr sight I have seen. I have to much to risk messing up my phone.
Thank you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#53 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

@

Reading this thread, seems that I do not want to install Beats and if I needed to do a restore of my ics leak back up too. I do have the ics leak file on my computer so I would think I would be able to install like before. I do not want to mess up my phone or not being able to be on ics. ICS is the best rom I have had on phone by far. So, do you have any current information if restoring a backup of ics works right. Also that beats still works. I have the beats file on my computer I got from your link. I just want to make sure. I do not want to stray from our sight for knowledge. This is the best razr sight I have seen. I have to much to risk messing up my phone.
Thank you.

2 things real fast.1. As long as you follow the correct procedure, restoring a backup on the ICS recovery will work 100%.2. Beats Audio 100% works with ICS and is not OS version specific.But let's go a little further into all this.As long as you install the ICS leak the exact way it's laid out in the post here, you should have no issues at all. While installing the leak, you will use an app called "Voodoo OTA Root Keeper" to backup your root. After you're done installing the leak you will use that app again to restore your root. Do not get rid of this app because you'll need it again.

Once you've properly restored root, open up that OTA Root Keeper app and use it to delete the "su-backup" file. Once you do that, you will be able to successfully restore a backup using the recovery that I have linked to in the second post.

On to the Beats Audio. I for one absolutely love the Beats Audio. You need to use the recovery to flash it and you flash it just like you do anything else. The only catch to it is that you have to mount /system first in recovery. To do that use these steps:

Reboot into recovery
Scroll down to and select "Mounts and Storage"
Select "Mount System"
Keep backing out until you are at the main menu of the recovery then from there you can just flash the Beats Audio zip.

In my opinion and quite a few others, it is definitely a must have if you use your phone as your music source in your car. Some people have said they don't notice a difference but most of them don't know that you have to mount system first. The music sounds a lot more crisp and clear as well as more bass.

As long as you follow the instructions in any of the OPs here, you will be ok. Just make sure you read everything in the OP. If you ever need any further help, just post here and let me know!

Sent from my ICS RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#54 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

I did the install of brats as you said. Deleted su backup, bootstrapped in recovery, mounted/system, then flashed beats. How do I know its installed? The speakers I use I will try when I am at work. I do not have a hook up for my car. I mainly us my phones speaker. I never messed with the eq in the phone till this morning. Either way the phone has great sound. IPod what? lol.
Thank you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#55 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

how do i know if beats worked or not?

#56 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Well you should notice a big difference in sound. If you want to verify the files installed correctly then use a root file explorer and go to /system/bin and look for files that have "ibeats" in the name.

#57 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

IMO beats is pretty meh. Came from the thunderbolt where a rom I ran had it. It only worked on the HTC music player. As for the sound it was a bit better but not as good as I could do with the eq in poweramp

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#58 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

2 things real fast.1. As long as you follow the correct procedure, restoring a backup on the ICS recovery will work 100%.2. Beats Audio 100% works with ICS and is not OS version specific.But let's go a little further into all this.As long as you install the ICS leak the exact way it's laid out in the post here, you should have no issues at all. While installing the leak, you will use an app called "Voodoo OTA Root Keeper" to backup your root. After you're done installing the leak you will use that app again to restore your root. Do not get rid of this app because you'll need it again.

Once you've properly restored root, open up that OTA Root Keeper app and use it to delete the "su-backup" file. Once you do that, you will be able to successfully restore a backup using the recovery that I have linked to in the second post.

On to the Beats Audio. I for one absolutely love the Beats Audio. You need to use the recovery to flash it and you flash it just like you do anything else. The only catch to it is that you have to mount /system first in recovery. To do that use these steps:

Reboot into recovery
Scroll down to and select "Mounts and Storage"
Select "Mount System"
Keep backing out until you are at the main menu of the recovery then from there you can just flash the Beats Audio zip.

In my opinion and quite a few others, it is definitely a must have if you use your phone as your music source in your car. Some people have said they don't notice a difference but most of them don't know that you have to mount system first. The music sounds a lot more crisp and clear as well as more bass.

As long as you follow the instructions in any of the OPs here, you will be ok. Just make sure you read everything in the OP. If you ever need any further help, just post here and let me know!

ive tried a few times. after we mount, do we have to unmount after flashing and then reboot? and do we wipe dalvik or cahce partition before we flash?

#59 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

I looked in the system/bin file and did not see ibeats. I did a search and found nothing. I will try the install again.

#60 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

I just attempted the install again. deleted super user. Mounted system. Then flashed the zip. Then I unmounted system. Check system/bin. Still no beats. I must be doing something wrong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, ics, leak, custom recovery, ics recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users