• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Do we know yet if our errors are bootloader version related or system version related or what?

I seem to remember that p3 reverted the system for the bionic so that a fastboot was possible... but was the bionic's bootloader unchanged? I can't seem to remember...

My thought is simple. If it's a bootloader incompatibility, we're in for a tough or impossible fix. But if it's a system incompatibility, then all we need to do is successfully change our system to 173 or 181. And for that we would just need to get a GB system to run on an ICS kernel. Basically the opposite of what STS dev has been doing. Possible?

It probably wouldn't work for RSD but might for a manual CLI process.

Thoughts?

[ 43V3R IC3'd on .84 ]

Getting back to the Bionic, the problem was that the bootloader had changed. That's why I sent mine to Motorola, I would have paid but I guess they gave me a break because my phone wan't rooted it was just updated with the incorrect file back when there were 2 identically named updates that resulted in two different versions after flashing, one kept the upgrade path valid and the other didn't. But P3 did figure it out, if I had been patient I could have fixed it myself. Still, $110 is still cheaper than you's find a non contract RAZR or MAXX that is fully functional and loaded with the correct ROM. That's what I would do because that keeps VZW and Assurian out of the picture.

#82 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Getting back to the Bionic, the problem was that the bootloader had changed. That's why I sent mine to Motorola, I would have paid but I guess they gave me a break because my phone wan't rooted it was just updated with the incorrect file back when there were 2 identically named updates that resulted in two different versions after flashing, one kept the upgrade path valid and the other didn't. But P3 did figure it out, if I had been patient I could have fixed it myself. Still, $110 is still cheaper than you's find a non contract RAZR or MAXX that is fully functional and loaded with the correct ROM. That's what I would do because that keeps VZW and Assurian out of the picture.

Def bootloader and security code issue on efuse....all the gb roms have a code of 02. The 84 must be higher cause you cant flash a lower code rom over a higher one. Cdt.bin. writes the code onto efuse when its flashed.... so IF the ota ics comes with an 02 code......we are screwed. But i dont see that happening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, brick, fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users