• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

I actually contacted Motorola this afternoon about them fixing my phone to see what it would cost so when I get a return email I will be sure to share with the group.

Wondered if they would do this as well. I'd pay for for a reflash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#62 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@247HoldEm
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:29 AM

any news on this test to back to 181. I really wanna get a divorce from 84 :D

Ditto. After three divorces already... whats another one?
-Coming to you LIVE! from the 206th floor of the famous Hotel California!

#63 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

Pretty happy my dl failed when I wanted to try the leak. I'm fine on GB for now

Show off! Lol You don`t have to rub it in. -_-
Posted Image

#64 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

I understand your frustration, but sammy phones feel cheap...moto needs to lighten up...hope the dev phones help them save face...if they don't rape us on them...

The Dev phones will not help them save face. Unlocked bootloaders on all their devices is the only thing that might help. The Dev phone they are releasing isn`t worth having since it`s being sold without warranty. No other company I know of does that, so Moto shouldn`t either. There is no excuse for what they`re doing :angry: .
Posted Image

#65 ajenner28

ajenner28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFL
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Wondered if they would do this as well. I'd pay for for a reflash.

Their website says they try to respond to questions within 24 hours but Im still waiting for a response. I would definately miss my Razr while its away especially since my back up phone is a thunderbolt but I guess it could be a lot worse.

#66 ajenner28

ajenner28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Dumb question...could these bricked phones be sent back to Motorola for a total wipe and reload for a fee? Why don't people do that?

Ive contacted Motorola and this is their response.;
Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.
I understand your concern, Aaron. Please provide us the MEID serial number of your phone. On your dialer, please enter *#06#.
We have two options for you.
Option 1: You can check with your service provider for options available.
If the phone was rooted, you are right that it will be considered to be out of warranty. You may opt to send the phone in for evaluation so the technician can determine if the issue can still be fixed. If it’s fixable, the repair cost of $110 will apply. However, if the phone can’t anymore be fixed, it will be returned unrepaired and no charge will be made on youraccount. Just send the phone by itself without any accessories like battery door, battery, sim card and memory card (if applicable). The timeframe is 4-5 business days from the time we receive the phone.
We hope that you find this information useful and we look forward to assisting you in the future.
For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.
Best Regards,
Rez

#67 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Might as well use insurance

#68 ralphie0108

ralphie0108

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

• Ive contacted Motorola and this is their response.;
    Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.
    I understand your concern, Aaron. Please provide us the MEID serial number of your phone. On your dialer, please enter *#06#.
    If the phone was rooted, you are right that it will be considered to be out of warranty. You may opt to send the phone in for evaluation so the technician can determine if the issue can still be fixed. If it’s fixable, the repair cost of $110 will apply. However, if the phone can’t anymore be fixed, it will be returned unrepaired and no charge will be made on youraccount. Just send the phone by itself without any accessories like battery door, battery, sim card and memory card (if applicable). The timeframe is 4-5 business days from the time we receive the phone.
    We hope that you find this information useful and we look forward to assisting you in the future.

Best Regards,
    Rez

What was option 2?

#69 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Best Regards,
Rez

I'll be honest, I would pay the 110 for repairs since it's warranty is void. That's not bad at all in my mind and i'm shocked that's a option.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#70 ajenner28

ajenner28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

What was option 2?

I would assume option one was to contact verizon and option two was send it in to motorola and let them fix it. I copied and pasted the email so its exactly how I got it.

#71 ajenner28

ajenner28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'll be honest, I would pay the 110 for repairs since it's warranty is void. That's not bad at all in my mind and i'm shocked that's a option.

If it comes down to it I believe 110 is better then buying a new phone. I got mine on ebay to begin with, and $110 is still better then $350 to $500.

#72 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

I bet Motorola gonna be like we got these crackflashers :D

#73 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

lol No doubt. I would have really thought they would charge more than that even if it was a option. Makes me second guess my option of insurance lmao

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#74 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:42 AM

Best Regards,
Rez

So are you going to do it? If you do please report the results.

#75 ajenner28

ajenner28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

So are you going to do it? If you do please report the results.

Most likely.Ive been torn between sending it in and buying a razr with a broken digitizer and just swapping things out. If I send in my phone I have to stop and get a new sim card because thunderbolt uses a bigger one. Choices choices.

#76 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

Most likely.Ive been torn between sending it in and buying a razr with a broken digitizer and just swapping things out. If I send in my phone I have to stop and get a new sim card because thunderbolt uses a bigger one. Choices choices.

Is your phone bricked or are you just looking you get back to gingerbread?

#77 ajenner28

ajenner28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

Is your phone bricked or are you just looking you get back to gingerbread?

just looking to get back on track with gingerbread

#78 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

$110 are they insane. It wouldn't take but 10 mins for them to look at and fix the device. Typical corp america ripping ppl off yet again.

#79 ajenner28

ajenner28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

$110 are they insane. It wouldn't take but 10 mins for them to look at and fix the device. Typical corp america ripping ppl off yet again.

pretty much I'd be happy making those rates

#80 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

All they got to do is unblock bootloader then rsd it back to GB then block bootloader again and ship it back :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, brick, fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users