BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hey @andlaw are you on Twitter

Flash-o-holic

nah, i have a twitter account but have never used it.. lol, call me oldschool i suppose~

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#502 Guest_Bbyland_*

Guest_Bbyland_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

nah, i have a twitter account but have never used it.. lol, call me oldschool i suppose~

Damn I just might have to flash you old school ;)
Flash-o-holic
  • andlaw likes this

#503 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

i still cant believe after doing this for months, i never themed ROM control until now. and btw, the other week i posted a nice long list of applications i was going to be making an ICON pack for BW. I have yet to receive one post from any1 stating any applications they would like to see added into the Icon pack. I am going to be doing this within the next day or so, so if you guys would like to see anything added now is your chance. .. and i will add the list in here for good time sake.

Icon package current list: (these are icons not the Roboto Text icons that are included in the ROMS system/media directory)
  • AdjBrightness
  • BIG!callerID
  • Browser
  • Cachemate
  • Calculator
  • Calendar
  • Camera
  • Contacts
  • Chrome browser
  • CPUsleeper
  • DeskClock
  • DownloadProvidorUI
  • DSP Manager
  • Email
  • ES file Explorer
  • Flash Player
  • Gallery
  • Gmail
  • Juice Defender
  • Maps
  • Messaging
  • Music
  • Pandora
  • Phone
  • Play
  • Root Explorer
  • Rom Toolbox Pro
  • SMS pop up
  • Superuser
  • YouTube
  • Talk
  • Tapatalk
  • Titanium Backup
  • TuneIn Radio PRO

****** Please do not Quote this POST! Thank YoU! ******

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#504 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

How about antutu CPU master pro and benchmark?

#505 bryannh

bryannh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

can i use any theme chooser themes on cm9?

#506 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

can i use any theme chooser themes on cm9?

pretty much, as long as it supports the T-Mobile/ Cm theme chooser. should work.. just read the description to the theme when downloading in Play. create a nandroid so if it does mess up you have a backup to fall back on to.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#507 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

It'd be nice to have a themed Google Voice icon as well as a themed Dolphin Browser HD icon. Those are the only ones on my home screen that stick out

#508 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hmm...I have a few...
xScope
Handcent
Play Music
SiriusXM
SoundHound
...OK, that's all I can think of offhand lol

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

#509 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

Is that large list already in the roms now? I've only got the first set you made when it was gb based.

#510 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Is that large list already in the roms now? I've only got the first set you made when it was gb based.

ya most in the list are already in the ROM. but there are a few that weren't. so I'm trying to get the apps people have and are missing themed icons to match the ROM. I plan on doing it today if I can get the motivation. lol

Posted Image

#511 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

k guys, so the screen rotation/ screen capture (screenshots) issue is kernel related nothing in the source to fix it unfortunately. but the good word is the kexc binaries are being ported to the razr now... so flashing a custom kernel which will take care of the issue, will be here before we know it! making these custom ROM's of ours even better! yaaaa budddy! B)

Posted Image

#512 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

k guys, so the screen rotation/ screen capture (screenshots) issue is kernel related nothing in the source to fix it unfortunately. but the good word is the kexc binaries are being ported to the razr now... so flashing a custom kernel which will take care of the issue, will be here before we know it! making these custom ROM's of ours even better! yaaaa budddy!

Cool! As long as we can utilize both cores, lol...
Personally, I don't mind the rotation/screenshot thing...I just don't want to see you $!#7 down the Black Widow rom! ;)

#513 Prymaldark

Prymaldark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:Prymaldark
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):XT912M, TF700T, NookST

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hello Everyone,

First and foremost, thank you Andlaw for making this software available. I have been searching around for a custom rom to try on my XT912's, and Black Widow caught my eye the moment I saw it. I have been pouring over forums all day, and considering several roms, so please forgive me if I get anything mixed up.

I have a second device, a standard XT912 that I call 'Minny', that was meant as a gift until I discovered the intended recipient is not a RED customer. I have decided to use it as a test bed before deploying any custom software to my XT912M, 'Maxxy'. Both devices are currently on .211, though I am currently downloading .215.

I believe that there are as many as three separate BW roms, one each for .214, CM9, and AOKP. The .214 version zip has already finished downloading, though I suspect it will be unusable to me unless I install a .214 kernel before attempting to install.

Upon further review of prior posts, it appears as though I can run .215 in the 'non-safe' partition, and a BW in the 'safe' partition? I may be getting things crossed, nearing 24 hours since recharging the old grey matter. I think I will let these downloads finish while I run my biological system maintenance routines.

Any advice offered will be reviewed before making final decisions. Thank you everyone for your contributions to these projects, modern personal communications devices such as the XT912 are capable of so much more than mainstream network providers would have us believe, communities like this help to unlock the true potential of the hardware. Now if only there were reliable options to provide low-cost and high-speed connectivity and devices for everyone.

#514 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

this is in reference to the post above.

you have done your research quite well, but if you are on 211, 214, or 215, you can flash any of my 3 roms as long as you use safestrap v2 for ICS. you dont have to be on 214 to flash my 214 rom, bit i would suggest it as 214 imo is better for battery than 211.. and i have heard way too many mixed reviews for 215 to wanna mess with it. choice is yours, since your on 211 already your good to go!! just follow the directions for installing found in the op

Posted Image

#515 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Cool! As long as we can utilize both cores, lol...
Personally, I don't mind the rotation/screenshot thing...I just don't want to see you $!#7 down the Black Widow rom!

yup both cores are working now for kexec. and i don't plan on shutting down BW project anytime soon.. dont hold me to it tho heh :ph34r:

Posted Image

#516 Prymaldark

Prymaldark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:Prymaldark
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):XT912M, TF700T, NookST

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Wow, thanks for the quick reply, I did not even have time to get away from the keyboard, hehe. Thanks to DroidRazrUtility I have Safestrap 2.0 available and installed. I will accept your advice, and pick up .214 for a trial run. I have not had any quantifiable problems with battery life, however, higher efficiency is always desired. Perhaps it will help with my issue where my PC can not charge Maxxy as fast as the USB Tether depletes the battery, resulting in a slow trickle towards 10%, even with the screen off the entire time.

Actually, my only complaint so far about these XT's has been that Minny has a very unreliable connection to Maxxy's Wifi Hotspot. Data timeouts are more common than successful transfers, and even when a data transfer does not fail outright, it is horribly slow. I have not had a chance to test Wifi connectivity with any other routers or on Maxxy, though from what I have read my hopes are not high. I am led to believe that this problem is hiding somewhere in the XT912 software, as my desktop works beautifully with USB Tethering, and the laptop works similarly well on Wifi Hotspot. I have also not gotten around to slipping my SIM into Minny and reversing their roles to see if the problem persists.

#517 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

yup both cores are working now for kexec. and i don't plan on shutting down BW project anytime soon.. dont hold me to it tho heh

Woohoo! Good enough for me :) Black Widow (AOKP) is the only rom for me! :D

#518 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

yup both cores are working now for kexec. and i don't plan on shutting down BW project anytime soon.. dont hold me to it tho heh :ph34r:

hey Andlaw where can we get the status update info in the kexec project? Or is that a for Dev eyes only thing right now...lol?
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#519 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

k guys here is a quick preview of whats been added so far. .. i still have a few to add from the 'wanted' list

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

19.42KB   3 downloads ::

315.26KB   2 downloads

Posted Image

#520 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

So which of the 3 is the smoothest for being on the .215 leak. It's what I'm running at present? Everything looks great andlaw btw. Darkness is good for running my phone while moving 18 wheels down the road. The contrast of colors makes it easier to see. Thanks andlaw for all of your hard work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.0.4, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak, custom rom, Black Widow ICS, 211-215 compatible

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users