#482 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

i see! never heard of that one before.. pretty nice results though, i only score 2800 using hotplug and noop... battery life is pretty damn good on my OG razr too (usually average 22-28hours (4hours screen time minimum))

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#483 Guest_Bbyland_*

Guest_Bbyland_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

I just got everything set up so the next two days I'll see how the battery does. Thank you for all your hard work I appreciate it. You devs don't get enough credit. I'm trying to get into this rom game. I've tested some other $!#7 for other devs so if you need another tester let me know

Flash-o-holic
  • andlaw likes this

#484 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

i see! never heard of that one before.. pretty nice results though, i only score 2800 using hotplug and noop... battery life is pretty damn good on my OG razr too (usually average 22-28hours (4hours screen time minimum))

is that cm or aokp?

#485 Guest_Bbyland_*

Guest_Bbyland_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Cm

Flash-o-holic

#486 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

is that cm or aokp?

When i choose to run an AOSP rom over my 214 based rom, i will choose Aokp. Im pretty sure i scored a 2750 on CM9, never ran it long enough to test battery though.. gotta have my centered clock and my 8 target lockscreen lol

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#487 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

CM9 usually scores higher than AOKP for some reason. I still prefer AOKP, for the customization like you said

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

#488 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

here is an APK update, for ROM Control. simply download, move to your system folder, set permissions to (rw-r--r--), then move the apk into your system/app. no reboot required if you do it this way.
Its not much, but it looks better now than it did, thats for sure. ..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

:: for Black Widow Milestone 6 ICS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#489 neur0tk

neur0tk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Twitter:neur0tk
  • Google+:neur0tk1@gmail.com
  • LocationLatrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

d/l bw aokp and going to give this rom a run for awhile.. looks very nice!!!

#490 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

Posted Image

Running bw cm9 overclocked to 1350 min CPU set to 1000, set to hot plug and noop.

#491 lmulderi

lmulderi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

Is there any way to flash these updates over the earlier version of black widow that I am already running without a full wipe? (July 11)

I know the OP says you must wipe, I just want to make sure that that is for EVERY time and not just when you install a version of black window initially.

It really sucks setting everything up over and over like email and such.

I've read and searched a ton on here but first post ever and I wanted to also say thanks for what you guys do.  Really great work on not just this alone but all over this forum from all developers.  

Thanks again.

#492 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Is there any way to flash these updates over the earlier version of black widow that I am already running without a full wipe? (July 11)

I know the OP says you must wipe, I just want to make sure that that is for EVERY time and not just when you install a version of black window initially.

It really sucks setting everything up over and over like email and such.

I've read and searched a ton on here but first post ever and I wanted to also say thanks for what you guys do.  Really great work on not just this alone but all over this forum from all developers.  

Thanks again.

Yes just wipe cache and dalvik cache.

#493 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

I've toyed with cm9 a bit, and noticed that (by nature I think) it seems to have issues in sketchy signal areas or areas that I can only get 3g in. These areas sometimes cause my data to go out entirely (i have to toggle stuff in phone info, airplane mode, or reboot to fix).

If I try AOKP should I expect the same ?

#494 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

I've toyed with cm9 a bit, and noticed that (by nature I think) it seems to have issues in sketchy signal areas or areas that I can only get 3g in. These areas sometimes cause my data to go out entirely (i have to toggle stuff in phone info, airplane mode, or reboot to fix).

yeah more than likely, you can try though. But honestly if you live in an area that struggles between 4g/3g i would just open phone info and toggle to CDMA auto (PRL) which will keep you in 3g only, which the data shouldnt drop out then. and if you need 4g you can change the network type back to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL).

Or, if you can go without all the options for customization, you can check out my 214 based ROM which has everything working perfect... including the data toggle between 4g/3g is near perfect (for the people who dont live in strong 4g coverage areas). But more than likely, no matter what cm9/aokp build you run, if you live in an area that fights for 4g, data connections begin to be a problem more so when your inside (from what ive noticed when im outside the 4g coverage and a weak 3g area).

You can click on my signature below for my other thread if interested. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#495 ebidar

ebidar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:leo_300
  • Google+:leo.elizondo31@gmail.com

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

On the latest Aokp version with the new rom control and working great. Thanks for your hard work. It is really appreciated.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#496 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

OP has been cleaned up! i re-arranged some things.., :ph34r:
  • moved the changelogs to post #2
  • moved the boot logo into the OP
  • updated ROM info/suggestions

Posted Image

#497 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

On the latest Aokp version with the new rom control and working great. Thanks for your hard work. It is really appreciated.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it as much as i do B)

Posted Image

#498 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

For me, bw has the strongest data connectivity out of the roms I've tried so far. If I lost connectivity, it will reconnect on its own. Most other roms I've ran require a toggle or dalvik wipe.

This goes for both cm9 and aokp.
  • andlaw likes this

#499 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

For me, bw has the strongest data connectivity out of the roms I've tried so far. If I lost connectivity, it will reconnect on its own. Most other roms I've ran require a toggle or dalvik wipe.

This goes for both cm9 and aokp.

yeah very seldom will you or should you have to do a toggle. Data should reconnect rather quickly, but a guaranteed way to get it back is opening phone info, change network type to gsm only, wait 2 seconds till the screen resizes, then select LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) and data should connect right up. (4G/3G depending on your location). but the main reason i did a rebuild for Milestone 6 is when i go out to my parents place down by the coast/beaches i tend to drop 4g, and 3g can be spotty.. but its been reconnecting and changing between 4g/3g like a dream now, still working on keeping data connected through phone calls and what not, other than that it should be rather solid imo....

Posted Image

#500 Guest_Bbyland_*

Guest_Bbyland_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hey @andlaw are you on Twitter

Flash-o-holic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.0.4, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak, custom rom, Black Widow ICS, 211-215 compatible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users