Photo

[Script/Utility] ROOT RAZR HD XT926 For LOCKED Devices On 9.18.79

Root fix root exploit Droid Razr HD Root Locked Bootloader root exploit root 9.18.79 root 9.20.1 utility

• Please log in to reply
628 replies to this topic

#421 corecowcoyboy

corecowcoyboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Samuri

With future updates if your phone is rooted could it cause it to 'brick'?  I only rooted in order to rename two sound files to customize my lock/unlock sounds.  I am wondering if I should leave it rooted or try to unroot it so it doesn't break in the future?  Someone above mentioned using Mattlgrof's unroot tool from play store. They also mentioned 'flashing' something which I don't know anything about. As things 'work' right now I'm wondering what is the safer rout because I won't want to cause errors attempting to unroot it.

One strange thing is some pre-installed apps I don't use seem to be updating automatically (i just got the phone so I don't know if that's normal), and my Navigation app disappeared as far as I can tell

#422 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Rooting will not cause a brick. If anything an update will cause you to loose root privileges.

Navigation is now build into Google maps

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#423 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Some of the roms still have the Google Navigation icon and gets the old version of Navigation. You can also try this, it works very well

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#424 R4Ltony

R4Ltony

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

So I rooted my wife's phone. She has the locked boot loader. I installed Titanium backup, and backed up the phone. I froze the bloatware and all the Verizon stuff. She called me today to tell me her phone apk and contact app are both gone. She can receive incoming calls, but not outgoing. I had the same issues after rooting mine but I flashed CM recently and no longer have the issue. I used the original motochopper before the ota update, so I don't think it is related to the root method. Both phones had the issue after rooting. I can restore them by using titanium, but they randomly dissapear again. Any ideas? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. Seems root related.

#425 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Not root related.   It's related to doing something with root.  And there is a very big difference between the two.  :)

Non potest esse nisi unus

#426 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Sounds like you froze something that is needed.

#427 R4Ltony

R4Ltony

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hmm. OK I only froze the bloat and Verizon stuff that was listed as apps, no system items. She had been having other problems before rooting too. Like random reboots, and WiFi would drop and then connect again. IDK. Thanks though.

#428 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Sounds like a fresh start wouldn't be a bad idea.  Maybe an FXZ and FDR after backing up the apps with titanium backup.  Restore ONLY the apps and app data, no system data.

#429 djspy

djspy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:djspy
  • Google+:DJ SPY

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Is there a root method for Verizon 9.20.1?

#430 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

This one. The two versions are identical.

Sent from my Dev S4

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#431 djspy

djspy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:djspy
  • Google+:DJ SPY

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

OK, thanks for the answer!

#432 WestieWanderer

WestieWanderer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

hi guys, noob here! I ran the .run file, and my phone wont root! have all the drivers...usb debugging going...keep getting this message...'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file. any help? I AM on the correct version and locked down still...im not sure whats going on! lol any help would be awesome! 

#433 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

hi guys, noob here! I ran the .run file, and my phone wont root! have all the drivers...usb debugging going...keep getting this message...'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file. any help? I AM on the correct version and locked down still...im not sure whats going on! lol any help would be awesome!

It sounds like you have not extracted properly and are trying to run it from within the zip folder....:)

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

• WestieWanderer likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#434 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

Did you unzip the files rather than just run them from the zip file?

I was NINJER'D!

• livinginkaos and WestieWanderer like this

#435 WestieWanderer

WestieWanderer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

*facepalm* thats prob what im doing...thought they extracted automatically with my izip...*grins* Ill try after work and report back! Thanks for the quick reply guys! 

#436 Audacious7

Audacious7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hello, I read through most of this topic, with a little understanding. I am a computer programmer but the rooting idea kinda scares me (bricking a 600 dollar phone without an update for a year). However I am tired of sitting on 4.1.2 and from what I know Verizon doesn't like to release our updates.

I am sitting on the 4.1.2 9.18.79XT926 and have NEVER rooted this phone. Since I've never had the bootloader unlocked will this process still work for me? If it does work for me how do I go about getting the newest version of Android because that is all I want. A few of my apps have been just randomly closing and going to the home screen on me and I think it is the OS miscommunicating with the hardware and software and I am hoping that a newer version of Android will solve some of this.

Thank you.

#437 paradox103

paradox103

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Thanks, much for this. I was getting a <waiting for device> message, but found documentation on CM website that said fastboot needs to run as root. running the script as su did the trick.

#438 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hello, I read through most of this topic, with a little understanding. I am a computer programmer but the rooting idea kinda scares me (bricking a 600 dollar phone without an update for a year). However I am tired of sitting on 4.1.2 and from what I know Verizon doesn't like to release our updates.

I am sitting on the 4.1.2 9.18.79XT926 and have NEVER rooted this phone. Since I've never had the bootloader unlocked will this process still work for me? If it does work for me how do I go about getting the newest version of Android because that is all I want. A few of my apps have been just randomly closing and going to the home screen on me and I think it is the OS miscommunicating with the hardware and software and I am hoping that a newer version of Android will solve some of this.

Thank you.

You waited too long to unlock the bootloader so you cannot load new roms. There is no ruu with a newer version of android available anyway. Rooting will allow you to play around with some roms thatvare very similar to stock but thats about it. I made the same mistake. I should have unlocked bootloader a couple of months ago before. 79 update. Nobody is trying to find another exploit. Personally, I'm done with any motorola phone that isn't a nexus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#439 MRBALBOA

MRBALBOA

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Moto X

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Motochopper 1.3 for the RAZR HD is now available.  No rollback necessary.  Just run the updated motochopper on your 9.18.79 updated phone and ye shall be rooted!

QUESTION: I'm on blah blah blah release and want to unlock but it's been patched in my version.  Can I downgrade and unlock?

ANSWER: NO

For all the "newbies" in the house...

Download the Motorola USB driver from here:

Install it.

Download the motochopper 1.3 zip file here:

o) Unzip the motochopper_1.3_xt926.zip to a folder on your hard drive

o) Connect your phone with the OEM cable that it came with (yes, it matters) to a USB2 port

o) Run the run.bat (run.sh for Mac/Linux) file in the motochopper directory

o) FOLLOW DIRECTIONS - yes, that means you must read and do what it tells you

WARNING: This ONLY works for the XT926 on 9.18.79.  DO NOT use it on any other device or version!!

NOTE: If it fails to install root, you can add the system.img.ext4 file from the 9.18.79 FXZ into the system directory in your extracted motochopper_1.3_xt926 folder.  This will re-flash the system partition clean for you as part of the process.

credits:

DJRBliss for Motochopper

for the updated Motochopper

for the updated Mac/Linux script

for adding the system img flashing lines

Much thanks to

for connecting me to

devised by

!

Did everything As directed. Still can't root. End result says fastboot not reconized.

#440 MRBALBOA

MRBALBOA

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Moto X

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Motochopper 1.3 for the RAZR HD is now available.  No rollback necessary.  Just run the updated motochopper on your 9.18.79 updated phone and ye shall be rooted!

QUESTION: I'm on blah blah blah release and want to unlock but it's been patched in my version.  Can I downgrade and unlock?

ANSWER: NO

For all the "newbies" in the house...

Download the Motorola USB driver from here:

Install it.

Download the motochopper 1.3 zip file here:

o) Unzip the motochopper_1.3_xt926.zip to a folder on your hard drive

o) Connect your phone with the OEM cable that it came with (yes, it matters) to a USB2 port

o) Run the run.bat (run.sh for Mac/Linux) file in the motochopper directory

o) FOLLOW DIRECTIONS - yes, that means you must read and do what it tells you

WARNING: This ONLY works for the XT926 on 9.18.79.  DO NOT use it on any other device or version!!

NOTE: If it fails to install root, you can add the system.img.ext4 file from the 9.18.79 FXZ into the system directory in your extracted motochopper_1.3_xt926 folder.  This will re-flash the system partition clean for you as part of the process.

credits:

DJRBliss for Motochopper

for the updated Motochopper

for the updated Mac/Linux script

for adding the system img flashing lines

Much thanks to

for connecting me to

devised by

!

I have done every thing to specs. And still no root. Installed drivers and still comes up adb is not recognized. Please help :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Root fix, root exploit, Droid Razr HD, Root, Locked Bootloader, root, exploit, root 9.18.79, root 9.20.1, utility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users