379 replies to this topic

#61 McIrish2

McIrish2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Direct copy/paste from Matt's post you referenced.

• Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(md5:
    79A1EE4A992EACD1D08F98DEE5DEEBF7)
Notice the part that says "named as 6.12.181 on the zip file because that is how Motorola names it".

Ok. I'm officially an idiot. I read that and it didnt even register with my brain. I'll keep reading or wait for the OTA. thanks for the help.

#62 zachjeep

zachjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Ok. I'm officially an idiot. I read that and it didnt even register with my brain. I'll keep reading or wait for the OTA. thanks for the help.

At least some thing is official lol

#63 McIrish2

McIrish2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

At least some thing is official lol

I see what I did wrong. When I saw the droid on its side, I just left it and eventually, it just reinstalled 2.3.6. Now, I see I needed to press Up and Down when I saw the droid so I could get to the next menu to load from external SD. I did that and it's installing now. Originally, it had two errors about the file on the SD card but I just waited and the install continued. After a reboot, it says "Android is upgrading". This looks promising now.

#64 BowlingGuy86

BowlingGuy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Anyone want to start a thread to see Who and Where it starts to spread and when?
I'm sure I will be spamming my system updates button like a fiend for the next few days anyways but...
It might be nice to see when its actually getting out to the public "officially".

Excited? YOU BET YOUR @$$ I'M EXCITED! :D

#65 zachjeep

zachjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Anyone want to start a thread to see Who and Where it starts to spread and when?
I'm sure I will be spamming my system updates button like a fiend for the next few days anyways but...
It might be nice to see when its actually getting out to the public "officially".

Excited? YOU BET YOUR @$$ I'M EXCITED!

they will send an email out when they are going to push the update to everyone
  • mobyj likes this

#66 FcHsChilD

FcHsChilD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Eh probably just wait for the OTA now..was gonna flash .211 tonight..whats a few more days

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#67 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

I don't understand you guys... Just load .211 with Matt's 1.7. Why wait?? We know it is the OTA. Get it now man!!!
  • RazrB7ADE likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#68 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

In my opinion, it would be wise to exercise patience and wait for the soak test or official OTA. Last thing one would want to do is flash under the assumption that Verizon will deploy the OTA next week. I'd hate for Motorola or Verizon to delay the update for some silly reason at the last minute and then have to hope my phone doesn't malfunction before the offical OTA does go out. Then, I'd have to learn how to migrate upwards in these leaks like everyone else has been doing lol.

I like my safe Gingerbread :D
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#69 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Im on 211 right now. But i wont feel as good about it until the fastboot files are out for it.....cause thats the first thing im gonna do....maybe moto threw a few minor tweaks to 211
Since it was first pulled... just saying.....lol
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#70 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Im on 211 right now. But i wont feel as good about it until the fastboot files are out for it.....cause thats the first thing im gonna do....maybe moto threw a few minor tweaks to 211

Nope... exact same files. If it was any different it would have a different build number

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#71 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm in the MFN and got an E-mail invite for the soak, did the survey. Used Matt's 1.5 utility to go back to .181 waiting for an E-mail to say the soak is on but becoming impatient.... I've already downloaded the 1.7 utility and the update zip. A few more hours and I'm updating one way or the other!

#72 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

I will prob fast boot my phone too. I have updated along the way thru 6 dif builds. A fresh fast boot wouldn't hurt :)

#73 steven.rn

steven.rn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

How do we know that the soak is the same as the .211 leak for sure? Of course, no one I know of has gotten the soak test DL yet, but I'm shy of putting on .211 in case it varies in some way from the OTA .211 (if indeed it is the same number)....

Cheers!

Steve.RN

#74 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

How do we know that the soak is the same as the .211 leak for sure? Of course, no one I know of has gotten the soak test DL yet, but I'm shy of putting on .211 in case it varies in some way from the OTA .211 (if indeed it is the same number)....

Cheers!

Steve.RN

It's the exact same file. If anything was changed or updated then it would be .212 or something to that effect. It's the same .211 we already have.

#75 steven.rn

steven.rn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

It's the exact same file. If anything was changed or updated then it would be .212 or something to that effect. It's the same .211 we already have.

That makes sense. Can we install the leak in standard recovery if we are on .181?

#76 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

That makes sense. Can we install the leak in standard recovery if we are on .181?

No.
You must use ICS Recovery, that is why it flashes it in my 1.7 Droid Razr Utility.
  • steven.rn likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#77 Jeremymshores

Jeremymshores

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

I searched the forum as best I can with Tapatalk, so please excuse me if it was already addressed in another thread. With bootstrap flashed, can you accept the OTA?

#78 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

I searched the forum as best I can with Tapatalk, so please excuse me if it was already addressed in another thread. With bootstrap flashed, can you accept the OTA?

nope

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#79 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Where is my ICS rollout

Posted Image
  • UWRF likes this

#80 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Just got notice my phone will get ics and be a global phone within a week.
Still waiting on the dip...

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users