inst_joker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMX
  • Current Device(s):XT925

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hi, i'm an telecomunications engineer and a big android fanatic. 

I used to have a samsung SGS2 and now I just bought a razr  HD and i'm excited willing to learn all the things i can do to this device.

Also, hope to help in any way even with my few knowledge.

Hi everyone!

#1523 zec2010

zec2010

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

Afternoon all. 

College student/ tech junkie/ computer repair guy at your service!  :)

#1524 VapeApe

VapeApe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:@gpoppa420
  • LocationMayberry of College Baseball, Oregon
  • Current Device(s):xt926, Asus Nexus 7

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hello everyone! I am new to the site, and am looking to get some help with my xt926.  needing to return to stock so as to be able to accept latest OTA updates (not that I want to). I want to be able to root, but also be able to upgrade it to KitKat once that is made available. any help or pointers would be awesome and greatly appreciated! I'm off to explore the site and educate myself. wish me good luck!

#1525 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hello everyone! I am new to the site, and am looking to get some help with my xt926. needing to return to stock so as to be able to accept latest OTA updates (not that I want to). I want to be able to root, but also be able to upgrade it to KitKat once that is made available. any help or pointers would be awesome and greatly appreciated! I'm off to explore the site and educate myself. wish me good luck!

Welcome..... my main piece of advice.... if you want root.... do not take the latest OTA.... we can easily point you on the right direction to return to stock (if you so desire)..... what system version are you currently on....?

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1526 VapeApe

VapeApe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hi John!

thanks for the welcome message. I am currently on 9.16.6XT926.verizon.en.us. 

I am there because I recently did a factory reset, which I thought would bring my phone back to "new", but I deleted some bloat some time back, and now cannot update any longer. I'm not interested in updating to the most recent OTA, but want to be ready once Kit Kat is available. I was thinking about running CMW, but don't quite understand which version I should install. I wan to have full functionality, but still be able to revert if needed, so as to be able to do the kit kat update if I want to.

Again, thanks for the friendly welcome, John.

VapeApe

#1527 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

You're on 9.16?...... was it ever on 9.18?.... if it was not... you should consider unlocking the bootloader .... then you will have no worries with root and OTA etc etc...:)

jhf.png

#1528 VapeApe

VapeApe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

no, not 9.18 ever. i will look at how to unlock the bootloader, I just don't really know what the benefits or drawbacks of unlocking are. In general, is it a wise thing to do? iv'e heard there is some fuse that blows once the bootloader is unlocked (although I don't know what the blown fuse does/means). I guess I really am a nOOb, even though I have a pretty good understanding of things. I did get CyanogenMod onto my HP touchpad. It worked great until that P.O.S. stopped breathing. Anyways, I'm rambling: on to looking at unlocking this bootloader.

thanks again for your help

#1529 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

PM sent :)

jhf.png

#1530 slinkypinkyssp5

slinkypinkyssp5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Device(s):droid RAZR HD. verizon

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

hey everyone

#1531 locha79

locha79

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hey everyone, I am a newbie to this forum. I have rooted other phones before but, I am still a noob & learning. I now have the motorola razrm that a friend gave me but, it is stuck at the red logo with lightning. I have tried the factory reset buttons but, it comes up with a message about ap fastboot flashmode. I am now here learning how to flash it, and bring it back to life. :)

• livinginkaos likes this

#1532 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Well, look up the house of Moto thread and read up. Should get you back on your feet. Welcome!

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#1533 dragbag

dragbag

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCONUS
  • Current Device(s):m razr maxx

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

Hello All,

I am a FNG to all this, just rooted my Razr for the first time,  now I am here to learn what to do and how to do it, Thanks for having me!

• livinginkaos likes this

#1534 LegalJeff

LegalJeff

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:@800wefund
  • LocationCincinnati
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hey Droid geeks, I'm new to this forum and new to having a smartphone. My first SP is the RazrM bought from MobileKarma I believe unlocked and clean, I did check the IMEI online and it says its clean and ready for activation. I'm currently on PagePlus & my RazrM looks ready to be programmed, my problem is tha once I'm in the programming menu and select "01" user activation I can enter the MDN, MIN, and SID but the "Done" button stays grayed out not allowing me to save the programming - can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what additional steps I need to take to finalize the update?

Thanks for any help with this issue and I look forward to becoming a Droid geek...

#1535 jparrish1652

jparrish1652

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:33 AM

Hi all. Friend sent me this year + old razr xt912. This is the first android I've had that custom roms seem to be made for. Tried about 6 or 7 roms so far. Thank you all who help to make this great software. Currently using Mokee kitkat on stock slot and CM 10.1.3 on slot 1, with safestrap 3.65. Again thankyou all.

• cmh714 likes this

#1536 1stcavgunner

1stcavgunner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:1stcavgunner@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Razr

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:38 AM

Thank you for having me

#1537 willy34834

willy34834

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RZR

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Hey Everybody,

I'm here because of an emergency, but after taking a look around, I can tell I am here to stay.

If anyone can point me to a post save my Razr, I would greatly appreciate it.  I believe I have a XT912 because it has 4G.  The battery ran down Friday night.  After charging it back up, it stays on the red animated eye.  I've cleared the cache, and tried an external storage update with no luck.  I really would prefer not to FDR it.  Of course I have data on it that is not backed up yet!! Slap.

Thanks,

Bill

• foxkat likes this

#1538 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Look up House of Moto and READ through the OP and the thread.  Once you have a comfort level, download the correct SBF FXZ and do a flash with the SAVE DATA option.

• foxkat likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#1539 scooby3997

scooby3997

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m xt907

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

:wub: just wanted to say hi and i'm frustrated

#1540 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Welcome. What's the frustration?

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New member, dshizzel og, Introduction, please ignore my poor english, introduction, HTC incredible, new, things i need to know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users