Photo

[ROM][4.4.4][KitKat][MSM8960 Unified] KitStalk 4.4.4.075

xt907 razr m scorpion mini kit kat 4.4 moto msm8960 4.4.4 kitkat unified moto_msm8960

• Please log in to reply
2288 replies to this topic

#921 Vicious84

Vicious84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTucumán, Argentina
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD xt925

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

I've just updated after some time, I was traveling so couldn't download and flash the last build. I am glad that those random reboots I had seem to have gone, it's great! And the hissing sound when recording video too. I also uninstalled several apps that I don't use, it's not a big deal. But, I have also installed Kitstalk on a friend's xt925 like mine, but he always uses English as system language... and we noticed some things that weren't so good for us. For example the power menu and the self destruct joke, or the "rebooty", etc. I mean, the rom works great but that seems just childish and at least for us doesn't work, it makes the user experience less fluid (you need to know what certain options are before installing the rom because it's not clear what some of those are about). I have no further problems because I have Spanish set as system language, but if I had those things in Spanish this wouldn't be my favorite rom. Enviado desde mi moto_msm8960 mediante Tapatalk

#922 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

I've just updated after some time, I was traveling so couldn't download and flash the last build. I am glad that those random reboots I had seem to have gone, it's great! And the hissing sound when recording video too. I also uninstalled several apps that I don't use, it's not a big deal. But, I have also installed Kitstalk on a friend's xt925 like mine, but he always uses English as system language... and we noticed some things that weren't so good for us. For example the power menu and the self destruct joke, or the "rebooty", etc. I mean, the rom works great but that seems just childish and at least for us doesn't work, it makes the user experience less fluid (you need to know what certain options are before installing the rom because it's not clear what some of those are about). I have no further problems because I have Spanish set as system language, but if I had those things in Spanish this wouldn't be my favorite rom. Enviado desde mi moto_msm8960 mediante Tapatalk

Umm..yeah it has been like that for quite a while (well over a month). It was noted in the update post when it was changed. Its not rocket science. Rebooty = reboot...Self Destruct = Shut Down. BTW you are the first person to say anything bad about that. Everyone else seems to like it or finds it funny.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#923 moroshek

moroshek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

Umm..yeah it has been like that for quite a while (well over a month). It was noted in the update post when it was changed. Its not rocket science. Rebooty = reboot...Self Destruct = Shut Down. BTW you are the first person to say anything bad about that. Everyone else seems to like it or finds it funny.

Totally... I chuckle a lil bit each time.

#924 moroshek

moroshek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

In terms of uninstalling stuff, I get rid of apollo, live wallpapers, pandora, netflix, face unlock, video editor, news and weather. I have everything else backed up in Titanium Backup. After a new update, I go into bulk uninstall and sort the list by what's been backed up. The stuff that's not backed up gets arranged together and I get rid of it. Easy peezy. Takes a minute after new flashes.

• nprevette420 likes this

#925 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

In terms of uninstalling stuff, I get rid of apollo, live wallpapers, pandora, netflix, face unlock, video editor, news and weather. I have everything else backed up in Titanium Backup. After a new update, I go into bulk uninstall and sort the list by what's been backed up. The stuff that's not backed up gets arranged together and I get rid of it. Easy peezy. Takes a minute after new flashes.

Video editor, face unlock and news and weather are part of gapps. There is a way to tell gapps not to install some apps. I can tell you how tomorrow. Too tired right now to type it all.

#926 moroshek

moroshek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

Video editor, face unlock and news and weather are part of gapps. There is a way to tell gapps not to install some apps. I can tell you how tomorrow. Too tired right now to type it all.

It's not even a big deal. I rarely flash gapps.

#927 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

It's not even a big deal. I rarely flash gapps.

Just in case you want to do it. Just make a file called  ".gapps-remove" in the same folder as your gapps package. Add lines to that file and correspond to the app you don't want installed. Then during the install it will not install the apps defined in the .gapps-remove file.

#928 pbanj

pbanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

well i updated to the 6-05 build and now got a chance to look at the theme you guys did on the file explorer with the flames and i have to say it doesnt look good. the flames just dont fit the look of the app and look like they were just tossed over everything. maybe give an option to disable that theme in the file manager.

oh and as that guy said about the rebooty stuff it is a bit annoying but i just ignore it, again maybe give an option to have it say that stuff or not.

• Vicious84 likes this

#929 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

well i updated to the 6-05 build and now got a chance to look at the theme you guys did on the file explorer with the flames and i have to say it doesnt look good. the flames just dont fit the look of the app and look like they were just tossed over everything. maybe give an option to disable that theme in the file manager.
oh and as that guy said about the rebooty stuff it is a bit annoying but i just ignore it, again maybe give an option to have it say that stuff or not.

Then build your own rom. We put a lot of hours and hard work in to this just to hear a bunch of whining. :angry:

#930 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts
  • Google+:pjgraber03
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 (vs980),Razr M (xt907), Galaxy S2(d710),Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (sm-t310), Galaxy tab 2 (p3113)

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Me and my team mate put hours and hours into this masterpiece and will continue to do so... We are also going to be adding more and more features updating to 4.4.3 ect. As a head developer on this ROM I'm insulted that someone would choose to take our work and bash on it... It's one thing to give feedback about bugs.... It's a whole different thing to basically say it work is childish and I don't like it.... Like my partner said above u don't like it build your own.... I always appreciate feedback to add features or any bugs we may have... If you have any issue with anything we have done please DO NOT go blasting posts in this forum... I would ask that u contact me or my partner directly.... We had someone who had an idea for a different logo he contacted me directly and we will be bringing that logo into use as I liked it...

Now that I have said all that I would like to thank all of u who do love and appreciate our hard work.... We will be continuing to push out updates as quickly as we can.. Thanks again everyone... And a special thanks to my partner Nate
  • dreamjaeil, nprevette420, looneybin and 1 other like this

Donate To Show Your Support for Graber Roms

Currently supporting 17+ devices if you would like your device added PLEASE let me know.....pjgraber@gmail.com

#931 pbanj

pbanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Then build your own rom. We put a lot of hours and hard work in to this just to hear a bunch of whining. :angry:

Me and my team mate put hours and hours into this masterpiece and will continue to do so... We are also going to be adding more and more features updating to 4.4.3 ect. As a head developer on this ROM I'm insulted that someone would choose to take our work and bash on it... It's one thing to give feedback about bugs.... It's a whole different thing to basically say it work is childish and I don't like it.... Like my partner said above u don't like it build your own.... I always appreciate feedback to add features or any bugs we may have... If you have any issue with anything we have done please DO NOT go blasting posts in this forum... I would ask that u contact me or my partner directly.... We had someone who had an idea for a different logo he contacted me directly and we will be bringing that logo into use as I liked it...

Now that I have said all that I would like to thank all of u who do love and appreciate our hard work.... We will be continuing to push out updates as quickly as we can.. Thanks again everyone... And a special thanks to my partner Nate

i appreciate the rom and wasnt bashing it(did i say "hey ur rom sucks"?....... oh wait no i didnt so dont put words in my mouth) and not once did i say anything was childish(your words not mine). all i said was the flames didnt look right and to shed more light on it on the folders it looks fine but on the stuff on the bottom(heart, plus sign, etc..) it doesnt look right. i also said i just ignore the rebooty stuff as it was a bit annoying(you should think how you would feel if you just flashed a rom u found and it said stuff like that, it may freak some people out.). if you cant see how those thing may freak a user out then u idk what to tell you, you should at least tell people in the main post about the rebooty stuff so they dont think their phone is screwed. now with all that said if you guys cant take any criticism then maybe doing stuff that the public can see isnt for you. i like the rom but the fact both of you jumped down my throat because i said something didnt look right is childish(there now i said it) and a bit shameful. if this post came off rude then oh well as that is how both of your responses came off. i was going to send this in a pm like you asked but i think people should see how you acted when someone said they didnt think something looked right. you can respond if you want but i wont be responding as i have said what i feel needs to be said.

#932 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 (vs980),Razr M (xt907), Galaxy S2(d710),Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (sm-t310), Galaxy tab 2 (p3113)

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

I wasn't responding to just your post... Someone else had said it was childish... For your information.... And anyone who really thinks their phone is going to self destruct is well dumb.... They have never and prob never will make a phone that self destructs... I would appreciate if u would stop using my forum as your personal complaining area... No one in here wants to hear it... my point in my last post was one of two things no1 if you don't like it go to another ROM or no2 uninstall it for all I care... You don't have to use the apps we provide... That's y there is a system app remover... So again I ask do not blast us in this forum.....u have been warned

Currently supporting 17+ devices if you would like your device added PLEASE let me know.....pjgraber@gmail.com

#933 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

This can go nowhere positive guys, please let's just move on.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#934 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

I agree jamminjon. It will get nowhere but he shouldn't be bashing our rom because he don't like part of it. There are plenty of other roms out there or he can build his own. This thread is for rom updates, help and reporting bugs. NOT to complain about why you dont like it.

Pbandj no more responses unless its a bug report or to say thanks for all the many hours and hard work put into this rom. As my team mate said...you have been warned. Please move on.

#935 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

I agree thanks for your support =)

#936 dark-blue

dark-blue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

now i believe we all here are adults... so... back to business...

so, for our great devs, any news about 443, hear/read last time it has issue on wifi n radio? is "the motorola" already release the kernel source?

here in Indonesia, the Moto G are booming, the pre-order are about thousands, but one of my friend that tried the G said that the build quality is far compare to our razr family [even compare to Atrix 4G]... n i wonder about the motoX...  [im just sharring info]

#937 dreamjaeil

dreamjaeil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

so, for our great devs, any news about 443, hear/read last time it has issue on wifi n radio? is "the motorola" already release the kernel source?

here in Indonesia, the Moto G are booming, the pre-order are about thousands, but one of my friend that tried the G said that the build quality is far compare to our razr family [even compare to Atrix 4G]... n i wonder about the motoX...  [im just sharring info]

Well since we just got 4.4.2 I doubt it will happen for quite sometime for official release or at all. I don't have issue with wifi nor call signal. I think nprevette420 asked and they either said no or didn't say anything about kernel source so we may never get our screen dimming issue fixed :( (hopefully dhacker or somebody who's capable can help us?) As far as Motorola goes, I would assume they would have pretty good quality since google acquired it and you know how google rolls haha. I mean it's supposed to be cheap smartphone that just does what smarphones are expected to do right? I wouldn't expect flying speed or high quality camera from G. 

On another note, does anyone know how to fix adaway blocking certain site? I mean it's kind of embarrassing to say on the thread so if anyone knows how, please message me or something haha 

#938 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

The dev that makes beanstalk is currently updating to 4.4.3 so yes soon this will be upped to 4.4.3 :)

No motorola has not released the kernel source yet and probably wont for quite some time. But the kernel we have is very stable...so is Arrrghhh's kernel.

#939 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Well since we just got 4.4.2 I doubt it will happen for quite sometime for official release or at all. I don't have issue with wifi nor call signal. I think nprevette420 asked and they either said no or didn't say anything about kernel source so we may never get our screen dimming issue fixed :( (hopefully dhacker or somebody who's capable can help us?) As far as Motorola goes, I would assume they would have pretty good quality since google acquired it and you know how google rolls haha. I mean it's supposed to be cheap smartphone that just does what smarphones are expected to do right? I wouldn't expect flying speed or high quality camera from G. 

On another note, does anyone know how to fix adaway blocking certain site? I mean it's kind of embarrassing to say on the thread so if anyone knows how, please message me or something haha 

As far as the Adaway thing goes...Try unchecking one source at a time then apply it.  There is 4 of them by default. I honestly dont really know becuase I've never had a site blocked that I use.

Only other thing i can think of is to go directly into the host file and remove the line of that site...but you have to do this every time it updates.

Its possible that he dimming issue wont be fixed util motorola releases their source. Some of the best devs have "retired" from motorola devices :(

#940 Vicious84

Vicious84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTucumán, Argentina
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD xt925

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

It's very easy, you just go to the menu, then "your lists", select the white list and add the blocked site. The you have to re apply ad blocking and it's done.

And about the opinion I expressed last time, I didn't mean to offend anyone. This is by far the best rom I have tried, there are many things that no other rom has and more importantly, great devs that listen to the users to find out what needs and help they need. I was just trying to express myself with respect about a situation and opinion of another user. I'm sorry if I did wrong, english it's not my mother tongue, I didn't realized that I was being rude.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt907, razr m, scorpion mini, kit kat, 4.4, moto msm8960, 4.4.4, kitkat, unified, moto_msm8960

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users