Photo

[ROM][4.4.2][Kit-Kat][Unoffical][XT926] Beanstalk

xt926 kit kat kit-kat beanstalk razr razr hd razr maxx razr max razr max hd xt926 rom

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#201 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts
  • Google+:pjgraber03
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 (vs980),Razr M (xt907), Galaxy S2(d710),Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (sm-t310), Galaxy tab 2 (p3113)

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

Build server it back up build will be out asap

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Donate To Show Your Support for Graber Roms

Currently supporting 17+ devices if you would like your device added PLEASE let me know.....pjgraber@gmail.com

#202 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 (vs980),Razr M (xt907), Galaxy S2(d710),Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (sm-t310), Galaxy tab 2 (p3113)

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

THE WAIT IS OVER THE UPDATE HAS BEEN POSTED!!!!!!!!!!! I have put it in the normal spot and pushed it as an ota update... if anyone has any problems with the ota let me know i'll try to see what the problem is... thanks again for your support

• sfg and jusharpe like this

Currently supporting 17+ devices if you would like your device added PLEASE let me know.....pjgraber@gmail.com

#203 MajorPay

MajorPay

Code Monkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Netflix works fine with the XPosed plugin for it. You have to uninstall your existing one, and reinstall it after applying the hack, then reboot. (This was the process for me, but it may have been because I tried to use a TiBackup to restore the app the first time around).

This is an awesome ROM, and a daily driver for me, so don't take what I'm about to say next as anything other than suggestions / minor issues.

Very few complaints
- I did notice I haven't received an MMS message I was supposed to receive today - that was kind of important.Now that I look closer, there is no messaging app - I remember the phone asking me if I wanted to use hangouts for my default messaging client, and I said yes.. Tried a normal SMS and received one, and that worked fine - maybe it was their phone?
- Full screen option is very awesome (especially when you stick it on the NAV), but in many games, etc, it changes the offset of touch to the point where you have to click above items to select them.
- Certain games still seem to have very slight hiccups (not as smooth as you'd think). The main one that I always use for testing is Ski Safari due to the fact that it's not very graphics intensive, but it does show weaknesses on phones. It's still very playable, but occasionally you see that few hundred millisecond skip... I know that's being picky, and I believe this phone had that problem in stock, but I'm just providing the complete list.
- IO issue. I've seen this before - when you install something from the market it locks up the entire phone while it's installing. There was a ROM for my TF300T back in the day called CleanROM. Whatever they did to that ROM in one of the iterations, it completely obliterated this issue for that device. Maybe that's a place to start? I wonder if this is one of the underlying issues behind the game problem I previously mentioned. Stock had a stutter issue *bad* in Subway Surfers.
- Multiple notification colored lights while charging is a really cool idea, but could it blink still when I get a notification so that I can see at a glance the difference between charging and actually receiving a message?
- Beanstalk PIE is way cool, but a little hit or miss. I noticed that when changing the orientation of my device, it would sometimes turn off the bottom activation (literally, in settings) and set it to side activation. Little quirks like that turned me off to using it, but it's definitely a cool thing to have. Like another mentioned, I went with the reduced DPI for the nav and an expanded desktop button on the bottom.
- Is it just me, or does the camera not look as clear? I haven't taken any photos, so I can't say for sure, but the focus when you look through the phone seems to be a little off (Nexesque had similar problems, but the pictures turned out well - I will test the camera and report back when I have some free time).

I know that seems like a lot, but truly this is the most customizable ROM I have ever seen to date on any device. It runs super smooth from a normal apps perspective. Initially it was sluggish, but that was mostly due to the market/IO issue. I plan to stick with this one...

Edit: One more thing - I had to turn off OTA notifications because it kept prompting me to install a 4.3 version for this ROM.

Edit again: Apparently OTA has been fixed now as it wants me to update to a 4.4 update now...

Edit last: WiFi tether and Wired tether built in WORKED OUT OF THE BOX!!!  That was truly the most exciting thing for me...

Edit yet again:  Camera looks good after shot.

#204 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Question... I'm just getting around to installing the update... Not the ota... But the one that originally had the Graber Updater in it. Once I get it going it will sequentially pull all the ota updates? Or has there been only one?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#205 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

Question... I'm just getting around to installing the update... Not the ota... But the one that originally had the Graber Updater in it. Once I get it going it will sequentially pull all the ota updates? Or has there been only one?

There has only been one ota… once u install the update with the ota built in it should pull the new update for u

#206 MajorPay

MajorPay

Code Monkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Ugh... Netflix working again. Nvm... Had to clear data and install xposed hack and reinstall xposed after update

#207 jusharpe

jusharpe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD Rooted unlocked on AOKP

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Above all else. Thank you pjgraber03. I have always been a one rom kinda guy and nothing is more frustrating then the end of support. I appreciate your efforts with this ROM it works stupendously. Ota installed flawlessly and quickly. Yes I did have to go back and install a functional Xposed Installer because the one offered is flawed and redo my setup for Netflix functionality and delete the other ota updater. I also trim some of the fat with the extra launchers but that is just a personal preference. This ROM works awesomely and again I would like to convey my thanks for your support. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

#208 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

Above all else. Thank you pjgraber03. I have always been a one rom kinda guy and nothing is more frustrating then the end of support. I appreciate your efforts with this ROM it works stupendously. Ota installed flawlessly and quickly. Yes I did have to go back and install a functional Xposed Installer because the one offered is flawed and redo my setup for Netflix functionality and delete the other ota updater. I also trim some of the fat with the extra launchers but that is just a personal preference. This ROM works awesomely and again I would like to convey my thanks for your support. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Thanks for your support… yes I will be removing the other ota updater I forgot with this build… was trying to get it out quickly as the server that I use has been experiencing issues lately which should be all cleared up over the weekend… I will keep u guy's up to date on what's going on… thank u again

• sunkim50 and jusharpe like this

#209 sunkim50

sunkim50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

PJ, anyway you could implement the battery bar and the option to hide the battery icon? This is a very nice complete ROM and thank you for your hard work.

#210 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

PJ, anyway you could implement the battery bar and the option to hide the battery icon? This is a very nice complete ROM and thank you for your hard work.

Ya I could prob do that :-)

• sunkim50 likes this

#211 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:40 AM

OK... So... Did my update, OTA downloaded successfully... Hit OK to reboot... Just goes to recovery and sits there. Using CWM. Is there a location for the zip to flash? Or do I need to switch my recovery after all this?

#212 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

OK... So... Did my update, OTA downloaded successfully... Hit OK to reboot... Just goes to recovery and sits there. Using CWM. Is there a location for the zip to flash? Or do I need to switch my recovery after all this?

Well hmm make sure its not going to your ext. Sd… I use and recommend twrp

#213 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

So should I just change recoveries then? CWM has worked great so far. How would I find out where it's going? I would assume your updater would always download to the same place... Right? Is there a specific location it uses?

#214 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

So should I just change recoveries then? CWM has worked great so far. How would I find out where it's going? I would assume your updater would always download to the same place... Right? Is there a specific location it uses?

Well changing recoveries is more of a preference… also phils recovery is nice… the update goes into the internal sd in the Graber Roms update folder… make sure its not gong to the ext. Sd

#215 kamaromike

kamaromike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

Sweet. I got it going. When are we getting that inverted boot ani? Rebooting in my cave hurts my vampire eyes... #geekfail lmao

• Slickademo likes this

#216 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Sweet. I got it going. When are we getting that inverted boot ani? Rebooting in my cave hurts my vampire eyes... #geekfail lmao

:-) well I upgraded the moto devices to the unified build so I will prob put one of those out then the next one after that will have the new boot ani

#217 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

I started reading posts to catch up but there's too much to read lol. I've noticed this ROM is using a lot of RAM. It won't let me into my APN settings and will not send MMS. I can't believe all the awesome features! The fact I can access my exfat 64 GB SD card is great as well. Very stable so far. Another weird thing is the OTA said I had an update but it was 4.3? Strange.... Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#218 jusharpe

jusharpe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD Rooted unlocked on AOKP

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

Read through the last three or four pages to get caught up.