• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationNear S.J., CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I've heard it misreads and isnt enforced

Sent from my BlackWidow Droid Spyder using tapatalk 2

I think it's more accurate to say it CAN'T be enforced BECAUSE it misreads.
Leave it to vzw to try to crap on their customers but miss and take a dump on their own foot instead...

My apologies for my previous post about this perhaps being an unfounded rumor. It's just that everything I had read up to that point was all pure speculation, and was bolstered by the fact that this supposed root checker was obviously not accurately reporting root status. Silly me. It didn't occur to me that perhaps they had released dysfunctional code.
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." - Arthur Schopenhauer

#62 - JPB

- JPB

DG Mooter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationNear S.J., CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Yea I no longer have the links available for when this crap was first discovered. But there was a lot of discussion and the heavy weights in the moto community researched the crap out of it to see if it could be reset/defeated/etc. The thing is annoying as it's stored in some part of non-user writable parts of the phone. In any case, it's highly useless code as it clearly doesn't work right.

Thanks for the added info.
Just goes to show the level of vzw's ID10T problem...
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." - Arthur Schopenhauer

#63 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Guess we will see what happens ad I have to warranty this device. The external speaker is going bad

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#64 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Guess we will see what happens ad I have to warranty this device. The external speaker is going bad

Unless they can prove that rooting the device caused the speaker to not work anymore, you're in the clear.

#65 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Dig this. I fast booted it and it reset the counter to zero!

#66 Assuredd

Assuredd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:@GoRAZR
  • Google+:Assuredd@gmail.com
  • LocationHot Springs Village, AR 71909
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

After reading this last message, I am concerned (only a little) this may have some negative blow-back on me later? Exactly what could happen? Might any warranty claims be denied? I really am not too worried about warranty if I can still get service work for a fee.

Hi again! I am a real nubi. I have never rooted a phone and I do not know the difference between rom and different roots? I am determined to root though and since I am new, can anyone tell me where I should begin? This seems to be the place to learn.

My RAZR MAXX is virgin and if anyone is looking to contact me about my phone, please feel free to contact me. I am glad to share my knowledge with anyone who asks. I am a disabled veteran and retired business owner. I owned and managed my own insurance agency and financial planning firm. So I guess I am a bit of an expert on insurance products and financial/estate planning. I had my firm for 20 successful years, until my disability forced me into retirement.

Not only am I new to rooting, this is my first tweet. I do not even know my tweet address. I know I sound like a real dud; but, now I have time and interest to pursue these interests. I look forward to developing a relationship with this community in the future.

Thanks for now.

David

OK, so P3Droid asked last night for a user who had a virgin RAZR that was never rooted. I posted in the chat box, and matt and others responded to P3.

Here is what his research confirmed:

From twitter:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Disconcerting, to say the least.

I know for a fact that this is also on our BIONICs.

I

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: root, Motorola

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users