Photo

([ROM]) wWidow HD for XT926 (3|20|13)

Deodexed Debloated Zipaligned JB 4.1.1 blur based AOSP apps 4.2 camera 1% Accurate battery Widow Butter tweaks

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#101 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

that's fine, I won't release anything else for the HD then, Pz.

and to the person who won't or can't read, download the stock image and flash it in Ap fastboot, its not that damn hard..... but you enjoy fuzio. or something, cuz my $#!+ is done here~

Hold the phone there bud lets not go that far plz. This is the only dam ROM out for the HD i care to even use. Lats thing we need is for oyu to not do more. Plz reconsider that if you would. And believe me i know the frustration of folks not reading. For ages I Admin 2 other sites for Android stuff and that seem to be all i did was tell ppl to READ the OP.

BTW hope the move goes okay for ya. Moving SUCKS that is for sure.

#102 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

The same thing happened to me, I took the 4.1.2 OTA and kept root just fine, but was left with the wWidow boot logo. I tried to flash the stock Motorola image in fastboot mode but received a flash fail error, and was stuck forever in fastboot mode. I ended up having to use the 4.1.2 fastboot files to recover, so now I'm without root, so I'd be very careful if I were you trying to get rid of the wWidow logo, it doesn't like being replaced!

FYI you can always get out of fastboot mode after a failure. just unplug the device and press the power button and it will turn the device off. Or if its really stuck hold vol up & down as well as Power button until the screen flashes then release buttons.

As for changing the Boot logo its simple takes no more then 5 secs to do once you have the stock.img file. grab the stock image file from AOSP.us drop the file in the folder you have fasboot.exe in. Boot the device to AP mode then hook up to comp. type fastboot flash logo (fielname).img and press enter. done deal

#103 New Rising

New Rising

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Sounds like that'd take a lot longer than 5 secs heh

#104 mysmartone

mysmartone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

FYI you can always get out of fastboot mode after a failure. just unplug the device and press the power button and it will turn the device off. Or if its really stuck hold vol up & down as well as Power button until the screen flashes then release buttons.

As for changing the Boot logo its simple takes no more then 5 secs to do once you have the stock.img file. grab the stock image file from AOSP.us drop the file in the folder you have fasboot.exe in. Boot the device to AP mode then hook up to comp. type fastboot flash logo (fielname).img and press enter. done deal

Of course, I was able to shut off the phone, but when I turned it on again, I was back in fastboot mode, and was not able to get into recovery or any other mode. Tried all possible combinations of pressing buttons. I had followed that exact same procedure you mention to change the boot logo, but got a fail error. So I had no other choice but to try Matt's fastboot file with RSD Lite, and it got me back into 4.1.2 perfectly, just no root anymore

#105 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

I feel for you man must suck to be without root. Thats why its a bad idea I dont care what anybody says your always taking a chance in fastboot. 5 sec deal my a$$ lol.

#106 mysmartone

mysmartone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

I feel for you man must suck to be without root. Thats why its a bad idea I dont care what anybody says your always taking a chance in fastboot. 5 sec deal my a$$ lol.

Thanks, but I'm a woman! I was pretty upset at first, but now I'm actually enjoying the OTA, even without root. The performance is impressive.

#107 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

Thanks, but I'm a woman! I was pretty upset at first, but now I'm actually enjoying the OTA, even without root. The performance is impressive.

Sorry I didnt mean Man to designate gender lol. Is any of the lag gone on 4.1.2? I no there wasnt as much on stock 4.1.1 but I still noticed it on my phone I believe it was just JB. Thanks

#108 mysmartone

mysmartone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

Sorry I didnt mean Man to designate gender lol. Is any of the lag gone on 4.1.2? I no there wasnt as much on stock 4.1.1 but I still noticed it on my phone I believe it was just JB. Thanks

LOL! I have absolutely no lag, using Apex launcher. Google Now is active, but I don't use Smart Actions.

#109 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Sounds like that'd take a lot longer than 5 secs heh

lol... not if you have the file and know how to type one line of command it doesn't

I've gotta ask what is the problem with fastbooting tho I've seen yo mention it a few times so I'm curious. Personally I'll take fastboot over RSD Lite any day myself. I've seen RSD cause more issues over the yrs flashing then ever with fastbooting a device

#110 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

lol... not if you have the file and know how to type one line of command it doesn't

I've gotta ask what is the problem with fastbooting tho I've seen yo mention it a few times so I'm curious. Personally I'll take fastboot over RSD Lite any day myself. I've seen RSD cause more issues over the yrs flashing then ever with fastbooting a device

I agree nothing wrong fastboot or RSD I use both all the time but I no how to. Ill bet 75% of the people on here dont no how to. The only problem is if it screws up ( which it can even if you do it right ) like in her case you can get messed up. Most cases a do over fixes it all up. In this case had a bad ending. All Im saying is you should have made a bit easier for the average person to fix it. Im not a big fan of dark dark to start with and you did say if your not this isnt for you but I triued it for the rom not the color. I thought maybe you came up with a miracle cure for the lags on the maxx hd. Either way I appreciate all your work without people like you the phone would be dead. I believe even Moto no's that have you seen howmuch they have been pushing it lately? Thanks

#111 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Gotchya and to be honest I agree for the most part. Mainly on how alot of folks DON'T know how to use fastboot. REally not hard but you do need to know the commands & to make sure you are falshing the correct partition. Biggest issue I've noticed is the fact ppl are not always using the correct Fastboot.exe. Depending on the device, specifically the older Motos, there is a special fastboot.exe ( motofastboot.exe) that is needed.

As for the ROM statements just a quick FYI its not my ROM its Andlaw who does the work. I dont build or do ROM work besides some mods I may do myself for myself on whatever ROM I'm running. So its kinda out of my hands on how the Developer puts things out or what is put it or not put into the ROM.

As for the lag issue not sure what you mean as I have no lag issue & never have on my HD. i do see it mentioned alot tho and not sure what is up.
  • andlaw likes this

#112 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

guys we are just here for fun, please do not get that serious, if you see a post you do not like just ignore it and keep having fun, honestly i do not understand why if someone do not enjoy the darkness would be interested in this thread anyway let's just have fun.
  • Aixelsyd and andlaw like this

#113 dcangemi

dcangemi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

Considering this all started for the most part over something that can be solved in about 5 seconds

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You need to have your phone in Dev mode and download the adt bundle -

#114 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

** I wanted to note on this one, I was getting a FC on Google Search whenever I tried to actually perform a search.
Removing the old version, and just installing this version as a regular application fixed that for me. **

all of those links only give ESFileexplorer.apk I'd love to have the updated links for those as I intend on using all of them but the Adobe one, I did not check the adobe one as I refuse to use any adobe product, if it wasn't for Android and citrix I'd not use java either, but that is a different story...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

moving on to more recent comments, I have no freaking clue what fastboot.exe is, the posts here are the first time I've ever seen fastboot.exe mentioned out of the hundreds of threads on four different forums that I have read about my wife's D4 and my Razr HD (that I still don't have yet, fedex better get here in the next 12 hours... I don't think I can wait until monday :) ) I do know fastboot.exe was included in a zip pack I downloaded of tools when I first started researching getting an ICS leak on my wife's D4. but until this thread I've never heard anyone mention it.

#115 mgolfer

mgolfer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

I have to agree with comments above. I don't have much knowledge of fastboot either. I feel like most people like myself enjoy downloading roms and flashing through safestrap and that is the extent of our basic knowledge. I think I know just enough to mess up my phone. I seemed to have started this discussion with what I thought was a simple question.

#116 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

I have to agree with comments above. I don't have much knowledge of fastboot either. I feel like most people like myself enjoy downloading roms and flashing through safestrap and that is the extent of our basic knowledge. I think I know just enough to mess up my phone. I seemed to have started this discussion with what I thought was a simple question.

No offense to you or the others who have commented on this as its just my opinion on things. That said my feeling is very simple tho. If you want to mess with devices & hack stuff you should have at least a general understanding of ALL areas that are involved with it. IE how to manually do things like fastbooting, using RSD, using ADB commands, how to boot into the different modes of the devices.....etc. IMHO one of the biggest problems folks have is they are to use to finding 1-clicks or Utilities to do things for them. And sure that is great and a big time saver but that does NOT teach folks how things work which is what causes issues down the road. Or even worse because someone messed up they try to go in and have the device swapped out under warranty, and that one drives me more nuts then anything really. It ends up costing all of us one way or another. and really just about anything is able to be fixed besides a hardware issue. Sure there is the rare case it can't be fixed but that is very few.
  • andlaw, Memnoch73, JJT211 and 2 others like this

#117 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

Amen!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD™

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#118 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Considering this all started for the most part over something that can be solved in about 5 seconds

You need to have your phone in Dev mode and download the adt bundle -

You don't really need to download the whole sdk. Just use matt's utility for the HD. Drop the stocklogo.img in the folder. Install (or install repair) the drivers just to be sure (again, they are in matts's utility), open a command prompt window from that folder, put phone in fastboot mode type fastboot flash logo stocklogo.img . When it's done type fastboot reboot and you're done

#119 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I hate to beat a dead horse, but since I don't have a lot of posts on this site, I'd like to put a little extra info in here...

I use ADB extensively, I even run backups through ADB, I have looked into Fastboot, but have not found any useful info, other than "terminology descriptions" and a few things from people that said "I think you can..." before talking about fastboot. I've only had an HTC Evo, Samsung Moment, LG Spectrum, and just got my Razr HD yesterday. My wife has a D4 I'm only allowed to touch when it stops working, although I bought it for her and flashed the ICS leak on it before she even knew she was getting it (it is now running CM 10.1). I have never made a Rom, I know it is not that hard, but I also know that others have more time to "perfect" their vision than I do, so I normally use other's Roms, and then change the internals to suit my needs once I decide if I like it. I have no qualms about manually changing build.prop info before flashing, modifying an updater-script, changing system files, swapping bits from other Roms and so on. I also ALWAYS open up any script I get from any of these sites and at least scan through it, sometimes making small changes to suit my needs, before I use them. As I prefer to do my Android tasks from linux, I frequently have to transfer .bat files to linux before I run them anyway. I'm not a complete idiot, just a bit clueless at times, freak out easily, am paranoid, lazy, socially inept, talk and type too much, and have frequent memory lapses even though I am not over forty and have only gotten high once (almost 2 decades ago) and a half dozen or so contact buzzes.

I have tried teaching myself to code my own Android apps, and spent a few months learning java, but I know enough about myself to say that I could never make my own Android app that looked good enough for other people to use, no matter how functional (I've never learned graphics in programming, I started in basic with ASCII text, then went to Cobol in college and that was about it).

I read every single post (as long as the thread was less than 10 pages ;) otherwise I just read the last 3 pages, set to either 25 or 50 per page) on three forum sites that were posted since mid Feb about the Razr HD, BEFORE I even had one (I started 36 hours before, and finished while it was sitting on my doorstep, although I did not know it was there... for the first time ever Fedex did not ring the bell or knock, and my daughter was awake anyway... I asked them to knock only in case she was sleeping)

I would love for someone somewhere to put up a nice tutorial on how to use Fastboot.exe for Droids and I'll read it end to end and start to use it when necessary.

(please understand I am not attempting to lash out, nor did I really take offense to what you typed, whether or not it was directed at me, I just wanted to explain, I have attempted many times over the last 3.5 years of android use to learn all that I could and to be if not an expert user, then at least partially informed and aware)

---------
update before I even post...
I just discovered (with the help of google) that fastboot is an Android SDK thing, I thought this whole time it was just for Moto Devices, as various droid forums are the only places I've ever seen it mentioned.
command listing here for anyone interester:

and googling android.com for info only returns how to build fastboot from source
google: fastboot inurl:android.com

the one place I'd think to find info on it... which I might be able to if I went there and dug around the information there a bit deeper.

#120 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

No offense to you or the others who have commented on this as its just my opinion on things. That said my feeling is very simple tho. If you want to mess with devices & hack stuff you should have at least a general understanding of ALL areas that are involved with it. IE how to manually do things like fastbooting, using RSD, using ADB commands, how to boot into the different modes of the devices.....etc. IMHO one of the biggest problems folks have is they are to use to finding 1-clicks or Utilities to do things for them. And sure that is great and a big time saver but that does NOT teach folks how things work which is what causes issues down the road. Or even worse because someone messed up they try to go in and have the device swapped out under warranty, and that one drives me more nuts then anything really. It ends up costing all of us one way or another. and really just about anything is able to be fixed besides a hardware issue. Sure there is the rare case it can't be fixed but that is very few.

Exactly!

We need to teach members the fundamentalism of the SDK. Its like giving a car to someone that don't no how to drive, $#!+ can go bad...fast.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deodexed, Debloated, Zipaligned, JB 4.1.1 blur based, AOSP apps, 4.2 camera, 1% Accurate battery, Widow Butter tweaks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users