Photo

([ROM]) wWidow HD for XT926 (3|20|13)

Deodexed Debloated Zipaligned JB 4.1.1 blur based AOSP apps 4.2 camera 1% Accurate battery Widow Butter tweaks

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#61 y2kbadbug

y2kbadbug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

So am I the only one who's having trouble with Google now force closing?

Read my posting earlier. I had that issue and was able to fix it.

Also, to the developer:

Is there any chance of getting a boot sound? Like the sound that goes with the bootanimation?
  • hhighimandrew likes this

#62 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

does 24v work great on this or should I not run it?
Posted Image

#63 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

does 24v work great on this or should I not run it?

i flashed it and have not problems so far, i used the Rom for 2 days and the battery was great though, then i flashed 24v

#64 dcangemi

dcangemi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Fresh flashed, applied 24v mod and Crossbreeder, also flashed over the 5 softkeys but kept the cool B/W aesthetic annnnd... this might be a new record here! Awesome job as always, loving WW!

Note: This is ONLY with v1 of 24v mod, not v3 so this retains the great battery life :) Might try v3 to see how fast this thing can run

Posted Image
  • andlaw likes this

#65 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Fresh flashed, applied 24v mod and Crossbreeder, also flashed over the 5 softkeys but kept the cool B/W aesthetic annnnd... this might be a new record here! Awesome job as always, loving WW!

Note: This is ONLY with v1 of 24v mod, not v3 so this retains the great battery life :) Might try v3 to see how fast this thing can run

Posted Image

Curious, what status bar mods are you using? this looks nothing like my wWidow. Rom Toolbox or? Also what is crossbreeder?
Posted Image

#66 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

Curious, what status bar mods are you using? this looks nothing like my wWidow. Rom Toolbox or? Also what is crossbreeder?

looks like he is using a few mods from fuzion., edited from blue to dark~ am I right? ;)

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#67 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

looks like he is using a few mods from fuzion., edited from blue to dark~ am I right? ;)

whatever he did, it looks awesome. I'd love that on mine.
Posted Image

#68 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

man how did you get 6100? I only get 4800 tops with 24v. What should I be doing?
Posted Image

#69 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

You can find Crossbreeder here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#70 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

Posted Image

I'm curious as to how you got your I/O score that high

#71 dcangemi

dcangemi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

Andlaw pretty much nailed it, this started with a stock WW flash; and as I said with a quick flash of 24v (v1) and Crossbreeder (you can also use Seeder if you like, I was pulling 4000 entropy with both), I had No Frills CPU Control set to 1.5/1.5 deadline/interactive, flashed over the 5 softkey mod from Fusion and edited it to be b/w. I killed all processes, set 2d GPU hardware excel in developer options and thats pretty much it. My scores did vary, though the lowest I got was 5700ish, I believe this was on the 3rd or 4th test. I have Turbo Booster with a sub to clear everything out as was as CacheMate Root. Results may vary, I got pretty lucky with some scores, not so much with others, I'm pretty sure I could have scored higher and I think the I/O test bumped me up in that final one, not sure why it was jumping around so much, usually I see 5500-6200 on tests but never over 7k; Quadrant seems to be a bit flakey but when you get a good result you might as well show it. Tbh though, Andlaw has said he is focused on battery performance and not raw speed but I have seen a very good combination of both with these settings. You shouldn't run your phone at 1.5/1.5 always, just wanted to see how much juice I could get out of it. I won't post the b/w version of 5 softkeys out of respect for the Fuzion modders, but its very easy to edit yourself with a little bit of work. Again, these aren't 'normal' results so to speak and Quadrant scores are not a very good indicator of how fast the phone is. What I can say is that it IS running silky smooth and definitely the best performance I've seen out of the Razr HD since I've gotten it.

It is quite possible with a flash of the V3 24v mod that I could get more power out of it but there is diminishing returns really. I don't game on my phone but I expect it to look nice and run well. I am NOT a modder by any means and I have a very limited understanding of how this all works, but I was bored and kinda tweaking the phone for a few hours and got these results.

Posted Image Posted Image

Ran it again and got more normalized I/O results, but still scoring quite high, this is with No Frills set to stock as well; scoring lower on 2d and I/O but everything else much higher somehow.

Edit: In case you thought I was trying to be sneaky and running Quadrant through ram or something, I decided to test and see how that would go. THIS would be hyper inflated I/O scores and results. Everything I posted can be done with the things I mentioned. Also in this test I scored much lower on 3d performance, so in theory you could hit much higher. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#72 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

I tried crossbreeder and Turbo booster and frankly didn't see any difference. Forcing GPU rendering gives you about 500 points on the 2d score which adds 100 points to the overall score. I consistently score 5400 - 5500 with 24v v1 tweaks. I ballpark your scores in everything but I/O. I know benchmarks results are very subjective and don't mean much. I'm just trying to figure out what is different. It may just be hardware differences. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know if during the I/O portion it reads from the external SD card?

#73 dcangemi

dcangemi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

I tried crossbreeder and Turbo booster and frankly didn't see any difference. Forcing GPU rendering gives you about 500 points on the 2d score which adds 100 points to the overall score. I consistently score 5400 - 5500 with 24v v1 tweaks. I ballpark your scores in everything but I/O. I know benchmarks results are very subjective and don't mean much. I'm just trying to figure out what is different. It may just be hardware differences. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know if during the I/O portion it reads from the external SD card?

I believe Quadrant reads off of the /data partition on your phone, not the Ext SD, but I could be wrong. I'd love for someone to clarify. On that last test with a super inflated I/O score I used ADB Shell to move it to the phones ram which gave it a ridiculous boost.

#74 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

@Andlaw any chance on your new moods for battery you can put a ZIP up that goes back to your original look. IE no battery icon, personally I think it looks much better without the battery being displayed like you originaly had it setup with.

#75 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Okay, I am rewriting this post because I have made a lot more programs, and some need special attention.

I have created APK files for applications on their latest (at the time of this writing) version, with the WW icons provided in the WWicons.apk.

If anyone wants to provide more icons, I will be more than happy to update the application in question.

These two apps can be placed in the /system/app folder and chmod'd to 644.
For those who do not know what I am talking about... Ask a friend, because if you don't, you are most likely going to break something.

(Other apps can be done this method, but these are the only two that I have 100% safely done so)

I recommend that you use a root uninstaller app to remove the current versions installed before replacing any of the apps on this post.

The programs listed below are ones that are installed normally.

I did it myself using ADB, but I am sure package installer will work as well.
Also I recommend that you uninstall the current versions you have, it will not install because of a certificate issue if not.

** I wanted to note on this one, I was getting a FC on Google Search whenever I tried to actually perform a search.
Removing the old version, and just installing this version as a regular application fixed that for me. **

These applications are made with icons I customized myself with photoshop.
I tried my best to keep the scheme, and honestly I think these icons fit in very nicely.
I will continue to convert other apps over with darkened icons. This is becoming fun.

I will add more to this list as much as I can, and again keep the applications updated as I see them, and as time permits.

Any applications beyond this point, you must have already purchased in the Google Play app store.
If you haven't, they will not work. I legally own the apps, you should too. Support the damn developers anyways.

I will update the files as they are updated, and as time is allowing for me.

You can instant message me if you have any problems installing these, just please make sure to use common sense before asking.

A couple of requests for darkened icons on my end:

Amazon | ES Task Manager | BusyBox Free | Barcode Scanner | Calendar | Google Settings
LinkedIn | Lookout | MX Player | TeamViewer | Voice Search | Wikipedia

These are apps that I have, that I think several people would use, and would be nice to have blackened out icons for.

FYI bud your Abode link is pointing to ES File Manager

#76 y2kbadbug

y2kbadbug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

FYI bud your Abode link is pointing to ES File Manager

Thanks, I fixed the link.

#77 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Andlaw pretty much nailed it, this started with a stock WW flash; and as I said with a quick flash of 24v (v1) and Crossbreeder (you can also use Seeder if you like, I was pulling 4000 entropy with both), I had No Frills CPU Control set to 1.5/1.5 deadline/interactive, flashed over the 5 softkey mod from Fusion and edited it to be b/w. I killed all processes, set 2d GPU hardware excel in developer options and thats pretty much it. My scores did vary, though the lowest I got was 5700ish, I believe this was on the 3rd or 4th test. I have Turbo Booster with a sub to clear everything out as was as CacheMate Root. Results may vary, I got pretty lucky with some scores, not so much with others, I'm pretty sure I could have scored higher and I think the I/O test bumped me up in that final one, not sure why it was jumping around so much, usually I see 5500-6200 on tests but never over 7k; Quadrant seems to be a bit flakey but when you get a good result you might as well show it. Tbh though, Andlaw has said he is focused on battery performance and not raw speed but I have seen a very good combination of both with these settings. You shouldn't run your phone at 1.5/1.5 always, just wanted to see how much juice I could get out of it. I won't post the b/w version of 5 softkeys out of respect for the Fuzion modders, but its very easy to edit yourself with a little bit of work. Again, these aren't 'normal' results so to speak and Quadrant scores are not a very good indicator of how fast the phone is. What I can say is that it IS running silky smooth and definitely the best performance I've seen out of the Razr HD since I've gotten it.

It is quite possible with a flash of the V3 24v mod that I could get more power out of it but there is diminishing returns really. I don't game on my phone but I expect it to look nice and run well. I am NOT a modder by any means and I have a very limited understanding of how this all works, but I was bored and kinda tweaking the phone for a few hours and got these results.

Posted Image Posted Image

Ran it again and got more normalized I/O results, but still scoring quite high, this is with No Frills set to stock as well; scoring lower on 2d and I/O but everything else much higher somehow.

Edit: In case you thought I was trying to be sneaky and running Quadrant through ram or something, I decided to test and see how that would go. THIS would be hyper inflated I/O scores and results. Everything I posted can be done with the things I mentioned. Also in this test I scored much lower on 3d performance, so in theory you could hit much higher. :ph34r:

Posted Image

where can I find turbo booster?
Posted Image

#78 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

where can I find turbo booster?

In the market

#79 Rhyylia

Rhyylia

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD [XT926]

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

This is probably a stupid question to ask, but hey, I'm a noob to all this, so.

Is this ROM usable on XT926 devices that managed to keep root after the newest OTA update (9.16/4.1.2)?

#80 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

In the market

can you link the app to me? I can't seem to find it.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deodexed, Debloated, Zipaligned, JB 4.1.1 blur based, AOSP apps, 4.2 camera, 1% Accurate battery, Widow Butter tweaks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users