Motorola Bootloaders Cracked

djrbliss root unlocked bootloader boot loader droid razr unlocking cracked bootloader Motorola How to unlock

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#221 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Don't look at me I don't even have a RAZR HD...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lol! Im sure there will be dev. and some new roms/ports soon.... Just have to wait. Just yesterday we were all waiting for this incredible unlock and it came today. Im happy with that as of now, knowing that my phone is unlocked with no way for Moto to relock it is priceless! Lets just give the dev's some time and see what happens. Although many of them are without a Razr HD(or maxx HD), which makes it hard or nearly impossible to develop anything easily and to make sure its working, so if anyone is willing to donate theirs to help speed up or start develpment based on this new territory with our unlocked BL's speak up.

#222 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

there will be lol trust me;)

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#223 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

From what DHacker said, it's going to be challenging because the source code isn't available for everything that's needed. That's why the Dev phones don't have any native roms on them. But hopefully that will change going forward. Look at it this way, you can at least hack the hell out of the system img and remove bloatware and add whatever. :)
  • zooyork0721 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#224 Majormer

Majormer

Call me Big Papa..

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:@MajormerWizard
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Made Slashdot.org:

http://mobile.slashd...motorola-phones

Awesome stuff!

#225 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

I have already installed the latest TWRP and it seems to work fine except non of the past ROMs load except CM ROMs

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

They all work fine I've test them, same goes on my Dev Edition M. Befroe flashing in TWRP go in and Mount /system first manually then flas hthe ROM and you should be fine
  • neckchop and vtwinbmx like this

#226 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

this is very good news! i am definitely happy that i decided to run with the MAXX HD when i got this device. .. big props to Dan~ :ph34r:

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#227 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Im happy with that as of now, knowing that my phone is unlocked with no way for Moto to relock it is priceless!

i wouldn't go that far. From what I've been told a few times with ppl involved in the bypass project it IS in fact lockable again with a patch. IE do NOT take an update moving forward

#228 greek6486

greek6486

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Twitter:@greek6486
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

So it doesn't work for razors or bionics, so I take it that it doesn't work for the Maxx either? What's the point lol?1

#229 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

So it doesn't work for razors or bionics, so I take it that it doesn't work for the Maxx either? What's the point lol?1

maxx is nothing more than just a larger battery. the chip set used in the device is what he cracked "unlocked". older devices like the XT912 and XT875 that are not using the same chip, will not work.. pretty sure this has all been explained and stated numerous times.

but for the people like me on a XT926 Maxx, consumer edition, this is fantastic news!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD™

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#230 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Correct no go o nthe older Motos. they have a different chip in them and the security is setup entirely different on the OMAP chips then the newer Motos with Snapdragons. Not possible on the older model ones to bypass the lock

#231 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Lol! Im sure there will be dev. and some new roms/ports soon.... Just have to wait. Just yesterday we were all waiting for this incredible unlock and it came today. Im happy with that as of now, knowing that my phone is unlocked with no way for Moto to relock it is priceless! Lets just give the dev's some time and see what happens. Although many of them are without a Razr HD(or maxx HD), which makes it hard or nearly impossible to develop anything easily and to make sure its working, so if anyone is willing to donate theirs to help speed up or start develpment based on this new territory with our unlocked BL's speak up.

Yeah if anyone wants to donate theirs ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• zooyork0721 likes this

#232 nateohio

nateohio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Wow that was super easy...Thanks Dan @djrbliss for taking something so difficult and making it easy for us :)

Now where can I find TWRP?

#233 SW686

SW686

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

i wouldn't go that far. From what I've been told a few times with ppl involved in the bypass project it IS in fact lockable again with a patch. IE do NOT take an update moving forward

Right, the analysis implies that they could write a signed token to the SP partition (???) to relock the bootloader:

If the QFuse with identifier 0x84, which is mapped to physical address 0x700438, hasn't been blown, the status is returned as "locked". It turns out this is the QFuse we're looking for, since blowing it will result in unlocking the bootloader! If this QFuse has been blown, there is one final condition that must be satisfied before get_lock_status() will return an "unlocked" status: there must not be a signed token in the SP partition of the phone. Further investigation revealed that this token is only added when the user re-locks their bootloader using "fastboot oem lock", so it does not pose any obstacle when trying to unlock the bootloader.

If the bootloader partitions are writable, they could also update the bootloader code. They may or may not be able to blow additional QFuses to prevent downgrading to the current (vulnerable) bootloader.

#234 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Right, the analysis implies that they could write a signed token to the SP partition (???) to relock the bootloader:

If the bootloader partitions are writable, they could also update the bootloader code. They may or may not be able to blow additional QFuses to prevent downgrading to the current (vulnerable) bootloader.

lmao it says you have 0 posts but you just posted, what? hahah

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#235 Rinkle McBally

Rinkle McBally

Perv McGert

• Developer
  • 860 posts
  • Twitter:Rinkle_McBally
  • Google+:RinkleMcBally22@gmail.com
  • LocationForest Lake MN
  • Current Device(s):S3 D2vzw, Galaxy Tab 2

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hicks will give you his droid razr maxx a tablet and now on the table his right arm... All you have to give in return is a razr HD.
  • neckchop, afmracer6 and zooyork0721 like this

rink2_zps72b73afa.png

**** If you want a signature, wallpaper or avatar done feel free to hit me up send me a pm ****

#236 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'm pretty new to unlocked bootloaders as I came from the droid x before my Maxx HD. What things can I do besides flashing custom kernels and other roms. Any threads on this information? Anyone can give examples. Would be much appreciated. Also I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#237 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I highly doubt they would take a gamble messing with tripping additional fuses just to patch this. Plus them explaining this to VZW support would be talking in 7 different languages at once. Risk=possible problems. That's something we all no vzw is not going to take. Now future phones I can almost guarantee this gravy train will be patched. I'm happier then a pig in $#!+,don't get me wrong but I'm just being real. Plus if your unlocked and take a ota your probably going to brick. when you have a unlocked device you can fastboot the new kernel ,system etc individually to update.
  • livinginkaos and zooyork0721 like this

#238 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Also are we able to re lock the BL?

Posted Image

#239 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Also are we able to re lock the BL?

on the link he states '2. You understand that it may not be possible to “relock” your device’s bootloader after unlocking using this tool. A side effect of this is that if you lose your device and you are not using disk encryption, a malicious party who acquires your phone may be able to extract all personal data from the device regardless of any lock screen.'

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#240 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

on the link he states '2. You understand that it may not be possible to “relock” your device’s bootloader after unlocking using this tool. A side effect of this is that if you lose your device and you are not using disk encryption, a malicious party who acquires your phone may be able to extract all personal data from the device regardless of any lock screen.'

not quite sure what the disk encryption and malicious party stuff means. But thank you haha

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: djrbliss, root, unlocked, bootloader, boot loader, droid razr unlocking, cracked bootloader, Motorola, How to unlock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users