• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitter:kcalebcole
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

hi i'm a long time fan and a novice who loves freedom

Hey. I finally made it in! It seems droidrzr.com and gmail may not get along. I have to create a second user with a different email domain.

I was a diehard Palm user until I couldn't take the size of my Treo screen anymore (though I still use it and my newest TX) because they have data going back about 15 years that I can't easily get to my Android fleet. I rooted and ROM'd my first Android phone and recently moved to Verizon (biggest advantage over Sprint? My wallet is much lighter) and a DROID RAZR MAXX. I like the phone and the battery was awesome when new and no apps, but it's time to root so here I am. Looking forward to learning how to make this phone a bit more "mine".

Thanks for providing a place to hang. Here goes ...

Welcome on board everyone.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#1002 jayryan84

jayryan84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCentral NJ

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hey Everyone,

I'm Shane, I'm new to the rooting game and I've joined to try and take my phone beyond any of my expectations. :)

Hey buddy welcome, the rooting is simple. Just follow the guidelines on the forum or google them if you have to.
My Tips:
Make sure you have a Terminal App downloaded from PlayStore.. I prefer SU File Manager & Terminal.and I think Terminal Emulator are good as well. They let you test your Super User ability, letting you know if you rooted correctly.

I am not the smartest guy here but I have rooted several phones, starting with an LG ALLY, the original Motorola Droid, and never had a problem. Download whatever the Instructions and guidelines here tell you to, you will need to plug your phone into your PC and probably do an ADB Push or something similar to root the phone. Read the guides, not what I am saying.. I just hope to help you feel at ease when you decide to root :)

#1003 mamawm

mamawm

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Google+:martha holcomb
  • Locationnortheast mississippi
  • Current Device(s):moto xpe 2015

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

well i just followed the MOOT. i've been watching the goings on in various android forums since i first got my eris. how wonderful to find all the really smart guys from all the other forums together in one place right here.

#1004 Dailove

Dailove

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hello Find this forum from Android Central. Like what I saw and decided to stay. :)

#1005 conrat

conrat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Just a Droid geek looking to learn new tricks... :-)

#1006 rubb3rnick3ls

rubb3rnick3ls

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationVaries

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hello, I'm a former 4D programmer who is now a stay at home dad. I'm an Android & Linux fan. Also, a motorola fan, OG razr -> Q -> OG Droid -> Bionic. Hoping to do some learnin'.

#1007 TheloniousOne

TheloniousOne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

Hello! new member here. My name is Jared and have just recently left the iPhone to try Android one month ago. started with the Incredible 2, and now using the Razr as of last Monday. I installed my first custom ROM yesterday, the Full Throttle. I'm still figuring this stuff out as it is more difficult and riskier it seems than jail breaking an iPhone or iPad. But its still fun.

#1008 ltdan

ltdan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid X2

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

just joined today, thanx for a great site,
droid bionic, cdma-ws, etc
working on getting 3g going
gonna try IcarusHD today

ltdan

#1009 rjgengineering

rjgengineering

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hello,
My name is Robert and I am a broadcast engineer. I have a fair understanding how things work with this but there are some areas that are still fuzzy to me... I am looking forward to learning all I can here. Thanks for having me as a part of this community.

#1010 YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSharpsburg, GA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Hey all ... long time Android user, just new to these parts. Picked up the Droid Razr Maxx HD earlier this week and I'm loving it thus far.

Looking forward to getting acquainted with everyone over here!

#1011 jlowel

jlowel

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hi All,

I am loving your community. Thank you for having me.

#1012 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi All,

I am loving your community. Thank you for having me.

Thanks! We're
glad to have you with us!

Hey all ... long time Android user, just new to these parts. Picked up the Droid Razr Maxx HD earlier this week and I'm loving it thus far.

Looking forward to getting acquainted with everyone over here!

Welcome! I have to say, the Maxx HD is a fantastic device...I'm loving mine!

Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

#1013 YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSharpsburg, GA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Welcome! I have to say, the Maxx HD is a fantastic device...I'm loving mine!

I have to agree ... I just went to play with the Note 2 to see if it would give my buyers remorse :P ... not one bit remorseful!!! Maxx HD it is for me!! (Unless Google blows me away on Monday LOL)

#1014 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

I have to agree ... I just went to play with the Note 2 to see if it would give my buyers remorse ... not one bit remorseful!!! Maxx HD it is for me!! (Unless Google blows me away on Monday LOL)

Yeah, Samsung really can't compete too much with Moto...plus the size of the Maxx HD is about my limit, lol...as for the Nexus announcement... unless it's a Moto, I'm not worried about it, lol...

BTW...your name is familiar to me...where have we crossed paths? Perhaps MDW?

#1015 YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSharpsburg, GA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Yeah, I had the Samsung Galaxy Nexus ... very well may be my first and last Samsung device! Don't get me wrong, it was a great DEVICE - just a terrible PHONE! -_- Moto Nexus would be too sweet for words!

We may have crossed paths ... been cruising Android forums since way back in the day when I got the OG Droid. Used to have a couple themes for the OG Droid ... feels like a life time ago LOL

#1016 giant25

giant25

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

First post here. Long time DroidForums junkie going back to OG Droid days (Project Elite, UltimateDroid, CM, Chevy, P3, and all the classics). I've been rocking a Bionic for just over a year now. I've got SS3 loaded with CM10 and IcarusHD on two of my slots, pretty sweet. I noticed a lot more action on this forum with regards to Bionic ROMs so I thought I'd join in on the fun. Rock on.

#1017 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

First post here. Long time DroidForums junkie going back to OG Droid days (Project Elite, UltimateDroid, CM, Chevy, P3, and all the classics). I've been rocking a Bionic for just over a year now. I've got SS3 loaded with CM10 and IcarusHD on two of my slots, pretty sweet. I noticed a lot more action on this forum with regards to Bionic ROMs so I thought I'd join in on the fun. Rock on.

Welcome aboard! Good to see all you old school Android folks around! I too have been in this since the D1 days (I manually downloaded the 2.1 update from Google, and then I finally tried rooting when I got tired of waiting on vzw to give us Froyo and the FRF57 build dropped, lol)
The Bionic is a pretty sweet phone...I rather miss mine, lol, but too many phones accumulate and that puts me at risk of divorce :/ Haha! Anyhow, feel free to browse around, pop in and get to know our many members... you will find that we have an awesome community of developers & members alike!

#1018 rcb0499

rcb0499

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Google+:Ryan Burgett
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hey guys,

I'm new to this site not to mention being new to smart phones. I have a razr maxx and I am running arctic hd rom and I think it's great. I would like to try other roms but I think that I need more help. I really like this site and find myself on it multiple times a day and think that it is the best place to find the best info. That you can find.

#1019 ryukyu1

ryukyu1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hey Happy Halloween from Thailand ! I have a Razr XT910 bought in Thailand and changed to englishIsame as the XT912 sold in U.S. I think). I am american, live/work in Japan and travel to some asian countries. My phone is UNLOCKED and not tied to a service provider. I am new to smart phones and interested in changing/enhancing it's rom's, themes etc etc.
I have am Moto Xoom that is stock but iam hesitant to Root it.

Regards,

#1020 ansel

ansel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Hello everyone, I love my droid and i'm loving all the GREAT info on this site.
thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New member, dshizzel og, Introduction, please ignore my poor english, introduction, HTC incredible, new, things i need to know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users