1541 replies to this topic

#101 ace512

ace512

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hello everyone....I am a IT Dude by day and a Gamer by night.

Droid Razr is my second droid phone....i still have the OG Droid still in great condition.

I am hoping to learn as much as i can from everyone in terms how to root the razr, themes, etc.

Let the Hacking begin.

Thanks

#102 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@jcutter347
  • LocationSnook Alley, Florida

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Welcome J.Y. Daddy and ace 512

#103 augie757

augie757

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@augie757
  • Google+:chris augustine
  • LocationHoth

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Definitely make sure you have root explorer and do perma root in this forum. Make. Boot strap backup first

#104 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

Welcome Everyone to Droidrzr.com I hope you all had a great thanks giving.

#105 Tearyea

Tearyea

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hi all,

I'm an electrician and former programmer. I'm new to droid the razr is my first droid phone. Previously had Palm :( But i've totally immersed myself in the droid world now with a razr bought on the day it was released and an asus transformer tablet purchased on black friday. Read through most of the forums already and found a lot of great info on rooting and the different abilities of the razr so thanks to all the posters. Can't wait to see what comes out next. Hopefully soon i'll find some time to start messing around with the android system and developing again.

#106 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hi all,

I'm an electrician and former programmer. I'm new to droid the razr is my first droid phone. Previously had Palm :( But i've totally immersed myself in the droid world now with a razr bought on the day it was released and an asus transformer tablet purchased on black friday. Read through most of the forums already and found a lot of great info on rooting and the different abilities of the razr so thanks to all the posters. Can't wait to see what comes out next. Hopefully soon i'll find some time to start messing around with the android system and developing again.

Welcome. You choose and awesome phone!

#107 Odd Job

Odd Job

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

Greetings.....about to purchase my Razr in a few days and doing a lot of research on what to do, what not to do and looking at all the tips and tricks. Becoming overwhelmed with all the information concerning the Razr. Hopefully I'll be able to come to this forum and seek directiuon on what to do and how to do it right.

#108 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Greetings.....about to purchase my Razr in a few days and doing a lot of research on what to do, what not to do and looking at all the tips and tricks. Becoming overwhelmed with all the information concerning the Razr. Hopefully I'll be able to come to this forum and seek directiuon on what to do and how to do it right.

Welcome odd job. This forum dies have a lot of people that can and will help you. Read add much add you can. Even if its not pertaining to your current interest. It if how we all learn.

#109 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to all new members. Look forward to seeing you on the boards :)

#110 Odd Job

Odd Job

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Welcome odd job. This forum dies have a lot of people that can and will help you. Read add much add you can. Even if its not pertaining to your current interest. It if how we all learn.

Thanks for the welcome...first thing I need to do is get the CompanionLink app as I'm Outlook dependent, then the first mod is to "Root" the Razr and then take off the bloatware and lastly enable the Hot Spot for wi-fi capabilities. Not all that confident in my capabilities on "rooting" the phone and very apprehensive. Looks like everyone here has probably "rooted" their Razr's already so I'll be looking for some guidance!.

Got this website recommended by DirtyDroidX's vid....damn, wish he lived here in Cali, I'd pay him to do the mods for me!! LOL

#111 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the welcome...first thing I need to do is get the CompanionLink app as I'm Outlook dependent, then the first mod is to "Root" the Razr and then take off the bloatware and lastly enable the Hot Spot for wi-fi capabilities. Not all that confident in my capabilities on "rooting" the phone and very apprehensive. Looks like everyone here has probably "rooted" their Razr's already so I'll be looking for some guidance!.

Welcome oddjob

Rooting the razr is easy I made a YouTube video and its easy and painless this should get you started :)

Goth this website recommended by DirtyDroixX....damn, wish he lived here in Cali, I'd pay him to do the mods for me!! LOL

#112 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Make sure you read and ask some questions about "removing " bloat. There are a few things you can do to get rid of it, without actually removing it completely from your phone. You may need it to receive updates. If anyone has more info please add to this advice.

#113 Odd Job

Odd Job

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Thanks fellas...to me it looks like a daunting task to say the least...I downloaded this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

had (recommended, so I hope it's the right one) I also downloaded the Motorola drivers...but don't know which charger driver to download.......not real tech savvy, so I'll be going through it "blindfolded". I'll keep checking.....

#114 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hello all! Just registered about 15 minutes ago. Had my Razr about 5 days now coming from a rooted Droid X. So far its been a great device. No freeze ups, no random reboots ,no heat ups. Gonna be a whole new experience for me. I'm used to using z4root and flashing 2 part prerooted files. Lol looks like I'm gonna have to catch up on some reading!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#115 AiricD

AiricD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Google+:Eric Hansson
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

Hello everyone! I just picked up the new Razr and cant wait to start messing with it. I'm coming from the Bionic which I've only had a month or so:) I just couldnt resist this phone. So far its pretty sick!

-E

#116 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Welcome wyld and AiricD.

#117 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

Welcome to Droidrzr.com to all the new members.

#118 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

Ty

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#119 opensourcefan

opensourcefan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hey folks, just poppin over from XDA. I have a GSM version though which doesn't seem to be getting any love judging by the "0" thread counts.

#120 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hey folks, just poppin over from XDA. I have a GSM version though which doesn't seem to be getting any love judging by the "0" thread counts.

Welcome glad you found us :)

We have the euro GSM version fast boot files. I'm sure devs will soon be adding some roms to GSM
Stay tuned thanks for joining.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New member, dshizzel og, Introduction, please ignore my poor english, introduction, HTC incredible, new, things i need to know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users