• Please log in to reply
1541 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

Guys, It looks to be a fine start for awesome RAZR and I am happy to have come across this site and Hope we do more and create a new RAZR...

Glad you found us! Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

#82 Frogman

Frogman

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):Rooted Droid Razr with JB Aviator Rom

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Coming from the rooted OG droid. I have been rooted so long I forgot how to do it the long way. I think there is a one click way but not sure what way I am going to root. I might just wait to see what happens in a couple of weeks. I will be getting my Rzr the week of Thanks Giving. Tx for giving me access to my phone at this site fellows. Any suggestions or do's and don'ts would be appreciated. I like my CM7 nighties. Cant wait. Talk to you guys soon. Frogman out!

#83 Equake

Equake

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

New Here and member of other Droid Forums

#84 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Welcome all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#85 Chris42060

Chris42060

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:CHRIS42060
  • Google+:Chris White
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hey everyone. Bought the RAZR last weekend when my X crapped out on me. This site and knowing there will be developer support is one of the reasons I have decided to stick with the phone. Looking forward to some excellent developments.

#86 hypertecz28

hypertecz28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:hypertecz28

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Just picked mine up at local Best Buy yesterday for $250, after some haggling and price matching with Costco... lol... :ph34r: :ph34r: They also threw in a zagg screen protector and hardshell case!!! I walked out feeling like tha shiznit... haha!! Excited to be a part of Droidrzr.com! :D :D :D

#87 Electrotech33

Electrotech33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Hello All,

Name is Erin, I am new to the Andoid OS... I have since Iphone 3g had the Iphone 3g, iPhone 3Gs, and The iPhone 4. If it were not for the iPhone 4S being offered in 3G connection speed as opposed to being a 4G phone I would still probably have an iPhone.

That all being said I went with the Droid Razr. I do really like a lot of things that Android offers. I think that installing things from the Market is much faster than installing things from the App Store. And that is from a WiFi connection even so I am not handicapping Apple by using the 4G connection on the Razr. Because my Razr's 4G connection is much faster(42mb down/14.5mb up) than my home WiFi(25mb down/5mb up).

Only thing as of currently that I do not like is the Razr's wifi antenna. At my work I cannot stay connected to the WiFi. It will connect then It will drop the signal then try to connect again, and it stays in that routine till it will within a few hours run the battery dead if I do not disable the wifi. Where as, my iPhones have always been able to stay connected to the same WiFi. So I think in that aspect the Razr is lacking.

I am in hopes that the Razr will be recieving an update to fix the issues that I have seen.

Thanks for having this forum and for a place for me to check on for updates about my new phone.
  • Redalert likes this

#88 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

Hello All,

Name is Erin, I am new to the Andoid OS... I have since Iphone 3g had the Iphone 3g, iPhone 3Gs, and The iPhone 4. If it were not for the iPhone 4S being offered in 3G connection speed as opposed to being a 4G phone I would still probably have an iPhone.

That all being said I went with the Droid Razr. I do really like a lot of things that Android offers. I think that installing things from the Market is much faster than installing things from the App Store. And that is from a WiFi connection even so I am not handicapping Apple by using the 4G connection on the Razr. Because my Razr's 4G connection is much faster(42mb down/14.5mb up) than my home WiFi(25mb down/5mb up).

Only thing as of currently that I do not like is the Razr's wifi antenna. At my work I cannot stay connected to the WiFi. It will connect then It will drop the signal then try to connect again, and it stays in that routine till it will within a few hours run the battery dead if I do not disable the wifi. Where as, my iPhones have always been able to stay connected to the same WiFi. So I think in that aspect the Razr is lacking.

I am in hopes that the Razr will be recieving an update to fix the issues that I have seen.

Thanks for having this forum and for a place for me to check on for updates about my new phone.

Welcome :) go to settings / wireless &networks/ Wi-Fi options /hit options on the soft keys / advanced / turn wifi sleep policy to when screen turns off/hit options again /save

All done thus should kill your problem!

#89 Electrotech33

Electrotech33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Welcome :) go to settings / wireless &networks/ Wi-Fi options /hit options on the soft keys / advanced / turn wifi sleep policy to when screen turns off/hit options again /save

All done thus should kill your problem!

Thanks for the attempt to help. I should have clarified that the problem isn't that the WiFi connects and drops its that the WiFi radio built into the Razr is clearly not as strong as the one in the iPhones. Or there is a software issue that needs to be addressed. I already had the WIFI sleep setting to never. :(

#90 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for the attempt to help. I should have clarified that the problem isn't that the WiFi connects and drops its that the WiFi radio built into the Razr is clearly not as strong as the one in the iPhones. Or there is a software issue that needs to be addressed. I already had the WIFI sleep setting to never. :(

I'm sorry I read over the post quick. Yea all 4G devices are not that great on battery life.

#91 ml63

ml63

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

hello from kuwait
i'm glad that i found this site, i like the layout,colors and the name.looks promising.currently using sgs2 but i'm eyeing the razr.
all the best

#92 jiwengang

jiwengang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Guys. Happy Thanksgiving! I am in New York. Tech enthusiastist. Working in banking industry and loves Android! I have a Droid Razr now. It just gets better by the minute! (literally by the minute because the battery is conditioned better and better!)

#93 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hello Fellow Druids! I'm Jason.. My razr will be here tomorrow.. + 1 for fed ex Express for working on a holiday. I'm on my 4th bionic and its time for a change.. Looking forward to the next two years with this community :)

#94 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

Welcome to Droidrzr.com
  • Badger1313 likes this

#95 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

Welcome to Droidrzr.com

Thank you! I'm super excited to be here! time to research root and recovery.. Is there a cheesecake program in the community?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#96 jiwengang

jiwengang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

May I know why I can't view so many posts? everytime it gives me an error message ...

thanks,

#97 augie757

augie757

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@augie757
  • Google+:chris augustine
  • LocationHoth

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

Happy Holidays, I bought the Razr on 11/15, because my OG Droid Finally bit the dust. was planning on returning it when the Galaxy Nexus came out. But I Love it so much that i will Keep it.
I am an Android enthusiast, I have Rooted OG, Incredible, DX, DX2, Sensation 4G, And Razr. I Love Linux and am looking forward to all things Razr for the next 2 years!

#98 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@jcutter347
  • LocationSnook Alley, Florida

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

Hello all. Just joining the fun here. I just got the RAZR yesterday and I love it. I have been a loyal android user since the OG Droid. Looking forward to watching development of this awesome phone take off.

#99 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

Welcome to all new members. Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#100 J.Y.Daddy

J.Y.Daddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:J_Y_Daddy
  • Google+:Kevin Song

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

Hi~ everyone!

I'm korean. So, my RAZR model is "XT910S".
Previous my phone's are Milestone(A853),XT720,XT800W.
RAZR is powerful and love it. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New member, dshizzel og, Introduction, please ignore my poor english, introduction, HTC incredible, new, things i need to know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users