Photo

wWidow ICS ([6.16.214 ROM]) w/ 6 custom themes!

Moto based 214 ROM Deodexed Zipaligned Android 4.0.4 ICS Black/White theme CDMA Verizon Xt912

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Tried downloading Google Search but it says that "my device is not compadable with this version". I thought I needed Google Voice for the microphone, which I have, but I still don't see the microphone on the keyboard. I know its a simple fix but I can't think what I'm doing wrong. I must have CRS (can't remember sh**).
:-)
Thanks for your help though.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#102 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Update on my microphone, I installed m7 and I have my microphone back on my keyboard. Thanks for your help.Now if I can just figure out why the Pink Floyd theme won't let me get into settings.

#103 Lumber

Lumber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hi andlaw,

What are the major differences between wWidow ICS to Black Widow ICS?
On an unrelated note, I adore black and white, this is probably the best looking rom I've ever seen.

Thank you
6.16.211XT912.Verizon.en.US / SimplexROM 1.3

#104 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hi andlaw,

What are the major differences between wWidow ICS to Black Widow ICS?
On an unrelated note, I adore black and white, this is probably the best looking rom I've ever seen.

Thank you

thanks.. just a few tweaks.. extra modules for CPU control, ui scheduler.. and I have a modified settings but never got around to updating the rom. but its just more updated and my theme design on how I thought the phone should look like lol... :ph34r:

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2™

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#105 SleezyD

SleezyD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

i just got into rooting/roms and this is the first one ive used, got it on this morning without a hitch. everythings great but i hace 1 Q.
in the OP, you show the picture and it has that wallpaper of the girl with the pro-mask on. i noticed that picture is kinda black and white along with the theme of the rom itself, is that due to the picture itself being that way or is ther a way to give that darkish look to any picture i put up as a wallpaper.
when i put a picture up for a wallpaper, it just comes up as a full colored picture, it kinda ruins it for me lol

nevermind, figured that out. just ended up using wallpaper wizardii to greyscale the picture. works pretty good.

any idea how to grey scale icons for apps that i have downloaded and not just the ones that were already on the rom?

#106 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

i just got into rooting/roms and this is the first one ive used, got it on this morning without a hitch. everythings great but i hace 1 Q.
in the OP, you show the picture and it has that wallpaper of the girl with the pro-mask on. i noticed that picture is kinda black and white along with the theme of the rom itself, is that due to the picture itself being that way or is ther a way to give that darkish look to any picture i put up as a wallpaper.
when i put a picture up for a wallpaper, it just comes up as a full colored picture, it kinda ruins it for me lol

nevermind, figured that out. just ended up using wallpaper wizardii to greyscale the picture. works pretty good.

any idea how to grey scale icons for apps that i have downloaded and not just the ones that were already on the rom?

use a file manager to navigate to your system/media directory for the wallpapers. and for more greyscale icons that arent included in my BWicons pack for Apex, or what i have themed, you can search through Play for an icon pack that is darker icons. thanks for the feedback btw, glad your enjoying the ROM B)

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#107 cmorty72

cmorty72

Breaking, bending, and fixing things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitter:z00mer
  • Google+:Christopher
  • LocationIn front of my p.c. or on my Razr HD Maxx
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx HD 32G

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

1 question about this rom: is Google Now incorporated with this?
Don't know if I missed it or not.
USN 1996-2007, OS1 (SW/AW/VBSS)

#108 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

1 question about this rom: is Google Now incorporated with this?
Don't know if I missed it or not.

nope. If its not in the OP its not in the ROM :P

I focus my ROMs on battery life and Google now is a battery drainer~ but it can be installed..

Posted Image

#109 shaddad

shaddad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I kept getting an error when installing zip in safestrap. It would abort the installation. I followed the instruction to a tee.

#110 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I kept getting an error when installing zip in safestrap. It would abort the installation. I followed the instruction to a tee.

no need to post in here And private msg me.. all I can say is, if it was done to a T it should work problem free~

so one.. matching md5?
two... correct version of Safestrap (as listed in the OP or a newer version, not older).

Posted Image

#111 shaddad

shaddad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I have the correct version of safestrap for sure. I'll check the md5 when I get my backup installed. That may be the issue. If so, how would i go about correcting that issue. This is my first time flashing a ROM. I apologize for the noob questions.

#112 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I have the correct version of safestrap for sure. I'll check the md5 when I get my backup installed. That may be the issue. If so, how would i go about correcting that issue. This is my first time flashing a ROM. I apologize for the noob questions.

its NP.
bad downloads happen, its the main reason we have a MD5 checksum to compare. so we can see if we are getting the same file as released. just check the file once its done downloading and compare to the md5 given with my file, to ensure your getting a full, non corrupt ROM zip. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#113 shaddad

shaddad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

second question. do i zip your entire file? (wWidow_ICS) or just the system file?

#114 shaddad

shaddad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

MD5 was a mismatch. I have rectified the problem. Thanks for your feedback. I'll let you know what I think of white widow.

#115 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thankies in loads !!! :)

#116 p4ndora

p4ndora

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

I have 2 questions. 1: Is there a way to set the call and notification volume to be the same? That way I don't have to go into volume settings every time i want to turn down the sound. 2: Why isn't swype a part of most current roms?

#117 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

I have 2 questions. 1: Is there a way to set the call and notification volume to be the same? That way I don't have to go into volume settings every time i want to turn down the sound. 2: Why isn't swype a part of most current roms?

1, open sounds through system settings and adjust them to be the same and avoid messing with the volumes... and 2, swype blows, and if people want it.. it can be easily reinstalled back into the system.. :ph34r:

Sent from my XT926M using Tapatalk 2™

• phrite likes this

Posted Image

#118 phrite

phrite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Nexus 7

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

swype blows

Sent from my XT926M using Tapatalk 2™

that made me laugh, its true though. but couldn't have put it better..

#119 BigPimpinSlimDB

BigPimpinSlimDB

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

I've been experiencing a lot of random reboots with this ROM

#120 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

I've been experiencing a lot of random reboots with this ROM

uhh OK? you are a first of many then to experience problems... because IMO this was one of the most stable builds I've released.. still to date~

as long as your following the directions and meet the requirements you should have no problem running this ROM without problem. :ph34r: please read the OP again just to be sure~

• BigPimpinSlimDB likes this

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moto based 214 ROM, Deodexed, Zipaligned, Android 4.0.4 ICS, Black/White theme, CDMA Verizon Xt912

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users