• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCulpeper, Virginia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

53.39KB   6 downloads

Good morining and thanks for allowing me to join your forum.

I am not a "noobie" by any means, have been using Androids for a couple of years and have had my RAZR MAXX for a few months. So far, with a few minor caveats, love it.

I am not in to Social Networking, the wife and I with her own "MAXX" are fairly of private folks (aside from my 56+ years of being a Ham Radio Operator). I am retired from the Navy after 20+ years of service and have also retired from IBM as I was approaching my 70th birthday.

I am amazed by the fast growth and development of the cellular devices and have tried Blackberry, Apple IOS and Android, and before them, back in the mid 90's had cellular in my car and carried one on my person just to keep in touch. Since then, I fired the "phone company" because they were obsolete and expensive and have never found a reason to look back.

I am wondering what is the primary differences between the RAZR HD and the RAZR? I love to keep up with technology, but the fora I have seen doesn't really make much of a comparison for me.

Enough rambling for me......

To all, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (or whatever your "preferred holiday" may be)

Sam, K4KAI
U.S. Navy - Retired
  • Assuredd likes this

#1082 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

53.39KB   6 downloads

Good morining and thanks for allowing me to join your forum.

I am not a "noobie" by any means, have been using Androids for a couple of years and have had my RAZR MAXX for a few months. So far, with a few minor caveats, love it.

I am not in to Social Networking, the wife and I with her own "MAXX" are fairly of private folks (aside from my 56+ years of being a Ham Radio Operator). I am retired from the Navy after 20+ years of service and have also retired from IBM as I was approaching my 70th birthday.

I am amazed by the fast growth and development of the cellular devices and have tried Blackberry, Apple IOS and Android, and before them, back in the mid 90's had cellular in my car and carried one on my person just to keep in touch. Since then, I fired the "phone company" because they were obsolete and expensive and have never found a reason to look back.

I am wondering what is the primary differences between the RAZR HD and the RAZR? I love to keep up with technology, but the fora I have seen doesn't really make much of a comparison for me.

Enough rambling for me......

To all, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (or whatever your "preferred holiday" may be)

Sam, K4KAI
U.S. Navy - Retired

From one [former] sailor to another.....
Welcome aboard.... ;)

Happy holidaze to you and yours as well...

sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1083 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

welcome all,glad to have have you here

#1084 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter:whillmom
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hello!

I'm a mom of 3 fantastic children (F 5, M 2, F 4 months). I love in a lovely small town, I guess in many ways I can called crunchy ;)

The RAZR M will be my 3rd android device (will be here fedex on Monday 12/17,12). My hubby is getting his first smatphone (also a RAZR M, also arriving Monday). I have told him I won't root and ROM his (unless asked) and I'll try not to do mine on day 1. Not sure I can keep my word on the second part. :D though the awesome devs make that all possible!

#1085 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hello!

I'm a mom of 3 fantastic children (F 5, M 2, F 4 months). I love in a lovely small town, I guess in many ways I can called crunchy

The RAZR M will be my 3rd android device (will be here fedex on Monday 12/17,12). My hubby is getting his first smatphone (also a RAZR M, also arriving Monday). I have told him I won't root and ROM his (unless asked) and I'll try not to do mine on day 1. Not sure I can keep my word on the second part. though the awesome devs make that all possible!

Welcome... glad to have you here ;) ..wait and not root on day one? .... not sure i could do that lol.... i usually have my devices rooted before the end of the first day....

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

jhf.png

#1086 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Lol, I generally wait a few days before rooting, just to make sure no manufacturer defects pop up...and then I root B-) lol

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

#1087 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Welcome... glad to have you here ..wait and not root on day one? .... not sure i could do that lol.... i usually have my devices rooted before the end of the first day....

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

Ya, it is going to be a challenge!

Lol, I generally wait a few days before rooting, just to make sure no manufacturer defects pop up...and then I root B-) lol

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

That's the biggest reason, I'm telling myself, to wait. :rolleyes:

#1088 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

welcome,i usually root as soon as i get get out of box,lol,glad to have you here

#1089 tunasparaguss

tunasparaguss

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:@tunasparaguss
  • LocationNor Cal
  • Current Device(s):Motorola OG Razr

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Hi!
I'm Matt. I've been stalking around here for a while downloading roms. Been using android since the G1. I have the OG razr and i love it.
Little info about me: I'm 23 for 4 more days! I drive big trucks for a living, little bit harder to keep up to date :P
Nice to meet you all!

#1090 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

Hi!
I'm Matt. I've been stalking around here for a while downloading roms. Been using android since the G1. I have the OG razr and i love it.
Little info about me: I'm 23 for 4 more days! I drive big trucks for a living, little bit harder to keep up to date
Nice to meet you all!

Welcome ;) ... Very happy to have a fellow truck driver here

sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

jhf.png

#1091 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Welcome :D

Sent from my RAZR M

#1092 Assuredd

Assuredd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:@GoRAZR
  • Google+:Assuredd@gmail.com
  • LocationHot Springs Village, AR 71909
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi everyone! For my very first post I want to announce: I was unable to upload my photo. That is probably because of the required pixels of 200 or more? I do not know what that means.

I am a retired, disabled veteran in love with the possiblities of RAZR MAXX and my hobby business as a Mystery Shopper. My financial goals now are to just earn enough to buy all my techy toys and pay for all of my travel and dates. I normally work about 20 hours a week from home or in my car.

My immediate goal is to completely prepare my phone and my head to "root" my phone. I want to take control of it. To do so, I know I have a lot to learn. I am glad of that. It's fun for me. I welcome all recommendations to prepare my phone. i.e. before rooting: download and install everything I need before and after the rooting is completed. I also want to take any and all necessary steps to secure my ability to restore the phone to it's standard format and settings, if I decide that is best for warranty reasons.

#1093 Assuredd

Assuredd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:@GoRAZR
  • Google+:Assuredd@gmail.com
  • LocationHot Springs Village, AR 71909
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

I see it is important to announce that I am a noobie! I have plenty of experience on a computer and hardly any on my first Mobile phone, RAZR MAXX, that I have had since April 2012.

#1094 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Hi everyone! For my very first post I want to announce: I was unable to upload my photo. That is probably because of the required pixels of 200 or more? I do not know what that means.

I am a retired, disabled veteran in love with the possiblities of RAZR MAXX and my hobby business as a Mystery Shopper. My financial goals now are to just earn enough to buy all my techy toys and pay for all of my travel and dates. I normally work about 20 hours a week from home or in my car.

My immediate goal is to completely prepare my phone and my head to "root" my phone. I want to take control of it. To do so, I know I have a lot to learn. I am glad of that. It's fun for me. I welcome all recommendations to prepare my phone. i.e. before rooting: download and install everything I need before and after the rooting is completed. I also want to take any and all necessary steps to secure my ability to restore the phone to it's standard format and settings, if I decide that is best for warranty reasons.

Welcome to the site, we are happy to have ya here. There is a ton of good info and people here that will easily help you archive those goals and more. If you have questions, the chat room is a great tool to use as well as the FAQ or support section.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#1095 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Welcome and welcome!

Sent from my RAZR M

#1096 HIya Buddy

HIya Buddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCambridge
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and am an owner of a Droid RAZR since mid-February 2012. I am not so new to Android if you check my previous devices list you'll see I owned a G1 and have had the Nexus One. I'm mostly looking for ROMs and some help with my phone if I need any. I seem to have a somewhat unique handle because it has been available across many forums :D but otherwise I'm here to enjoy the community and the ROMs from hard working developers. I am also looking to educate myself more on the Android OS and possibly make some sort of app eventually :P

I am a 20 year old college kid living in the middle of the so called "Education Capital of The World" i.e. Cambridge, MA :P I'm shooting for a career in the medical field but would not hesitate to join one of our armed services branches so long as I can pass the fitness test. I appreciate the veterans of this country and want to thank all veterans who are members of this site for their service. I have at least 2 family members who served. My uncle recently retired as a Sergeant Major in the Marine Corps and my uncle who is part of the national guard and has served three tours overseas, Iraq and Kuwait.

Also the owner of an iPad and iPod touch :o but will most likely not own an iPhone for a long period of time (just the 30 day "trial period" :lol:).

#1097 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Um, I can't 'unsubscribe' from this thread. No animosity meant, it's just that I don't wish to be kept up to date who signs in here. I'm friendly, and all that, but not exactly a 'welcome wagon'. Any clues as to how to stop the notices? Tux.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1098 Brutus06

Brutus06

Drunken Monk Brewery

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Google+:leereitz12@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Bionic(retired), Lenovo Tablet, Moto G

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Um, I can't 'unsubscribe' from this thread. No animosity meant, it's just that I don't wish to be kept up to date who signs in here. I'm friendly, and all that, but not exactly a 'welcome wagon'. Any clues as to how to stop the notices? Tux.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

click on your user name on the top of the screen, select Content I follow, then click on the button "Toggle Edit Options" then select the post you want to stop following. Scroll to the bottom, select "stop following" from the drop down box and click update selected.

#1099 Brutus06

Brutus06

Drunken Monk Brewery

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Google+:leereitz12@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Bionic(retired), Lenovo Tablet, Moto G

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

PS if you still want to follow the thread but don't want to be notified you can change that setting in the drop down box also

#1100 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Welcome all,glad to have you here,if you ever have a problem or need help please contact me or any of the staff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New member, dshizzel og, Introduction, please ignore my poor english, introduction, HTC incredible, new, things i need to know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users