n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Hello everyone :D

I rooted my phone the day I got it, a few months ago, but haven't had much time to check out the roms for it until now.
I don't really know what else to say, so I'm going to go flash some roms. It's great to be here. :P

#1102 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hello everyone

I rooted my phone the day I got it, a few months ago, but haven't had much time to check out the roms for it until now.
I don't really know what else to say, so I'm going to go flash some roms. It's great to be here.

Hello and welcome. Its a great place to start out. Lots of great people here (except me lol). Glad you took the plunge to truly "owning" your phone! Now become a crackflasher like the rest of us!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#1103 malyxx

malyxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hello and welcome. Its a great place to start out. Lots of great people here (except me lol). Glad you took the plunge to truly "owning" your phone! Now become a crackflasher like the rest of us!

lol Thank-you, I got all giddy looking at the rom list. :P I know what I'll be doing most of the day....
  • tmyinc likes this

#1104 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

lol Thank-you, I got all giddy looking at the rom list. I know what I'll be doing most of the day....

I know that feeling. Well if you need any help just ask away. And most important of all....have fun.

• malyxx likes this

#1105 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Merry Christmas my Droid friends welcome this is the best site ever....

#1106 Smore4u

Smore4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWoodbridge, VA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola X Developers Edition

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hi everyone...long time Android user, just updated to JB and lost my free wifi tether, so I'm finally getting ready to take the plunge and root my phone (Razr Maxx). Real nervous about starting, but it looks like I'll have a few days before I'll have the ability to root anyway. I'll probably have tons of questions when the time comes! Happy Holidays!

#1107 Josephjohn17

Josephjohn17

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Google+:josephjohnbirosel@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

hi to each and everyone belated merry christmas to all and have a blessed New year ahead to us...

Im new with my Droid Razor XT909 I wish you could help me to maximize my usage of my phone to its full capacity.

many thanks and hope to gain more knowledge here and to familiarize with my droid razor

#1108 BigBlue124

BigBlue124

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Greetings. Have found a lot of information on the site. Thank you for sharing ;)

I got my first smartphone in September 2011. A Droid 3. I passed on the iPhones, thinking that I liked the customization possibilities of the android better. After a short while, I had fiddled with as much of the phone as I would an iPhone. Downloaded some apps, linked things to Google, and was happy with my choice.

After I started adding more and more, it slowed down (LDO!). I'm too stubborn, but mostly cheap, and wasn't going to upgrade until I found a great deal on a better phone. That came and went without purchase. With some time off this week, I cleaned out my apps, removed the widgets and did my best to streamline the phone. It worked, well, sorta worked. The phone is quicker and more responsive, but lacks much customization.

I was tipped off about the $100 rebate for some Moto owners to upgrade the phones that aren't getting Jellybean, to a Jellybean phone (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

). I decided NOT to get a new phone, mostly for the 'cheap' side of the arguement.

After searching for ways to get rid of bloatware, I decided to root my phone. Many hours later, I have finished installing different programs to my computer, loading apps and zip files onto the phone and no longer worry about ending the night (now 1:25 am) with a brick. I rooted the phone, installed both Titanium Backup and Safestrap and loaded up Steel Droid v5.6 (ICS). I'm back to stock now. Will look more the next couple of days.

Thanks again to the FOGs for helping the newbies. I'm always happy to share infomation about what i think I know (cigars, poker, scotch, rum), and appreciate that others help me where I struggle. For the record, I'm semi-computer literate. I can read and follow directions, not afraid to try things out (usually after googling them) and eventually will find local help when needed.

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for a Healthy New Year.

#1109 roadrash1992

roadrash1992

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hey guys! I'm a 20 year old (mostly) tech-savvy guy who has been a part of the Droid Family for one and a half years, and I am convinced that Android is a superior OS. I'm working my way into rooting and flashing, but I'm not quite up to snuff yet. I own a rooted Droid RAZR (running Full Throttle .211) and a rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (running CM10.1). Glad to have been directed to this forum, as the people I've run into so far have been great help, especially when I boot looped my GTab 2 while rooting it. Anywho, glad to be here and looking forward to the future modding and flashing of Android phones. Oh, I answer to Rash or my actual name, Brian. See you all around!

#1110 kididaho

kididaho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note III

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hello everyone. The wife picked up my RAZR m for Xmas. Being the mod type I am I set out immediately to root my phone and download 4.1.1
I am a bit of a flashaholic and have been known to flash my tab as many as 8 X in one day.:) So it was nice to find this forum. I'm sure I will be around for awhile.
Thanks to everyone in advance.

JAMES
aka KID IDAHO
Rooted RAZR M XT907
Tapatalk 2

Kididaho XT907

BEANSALK 4.3

#1111 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hey guys. I'm Edward...aka djholograf. The name derives from my days as a DJ and the alias always stuck. I'm a husband, a father of 1 child (2nd on the way), and I work in property management. While in property management, I'm working to obtain my real estate license which I should have in just a few months. I love Android, and would never under any circumstances buy or use an iPhone. I recently got into custom ROMs and on my way to becoming a crack flasher bc i can never settle on one good thing, but want to try them all!! haha. Currently on the JB OTA leak at the moment and can't wait to see what custom ROMs come out based on the stable JB release. :) Thanks for being here!
  • Assuredd likes this

#1112 asusoldier206

asusoldier206

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:whtimtalkinbout
  • LocationCarolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr, LG Revolution

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hi guys! My name is Rich. I've been a fan of Android since the OG /\/\oto Droid. I've rooted every phone that I've owned, and I'm finally glad to find a place for us Razr people. I started looking as soon as I got this phone, and was disappointed that there wasn't much. Now I've come back to wanting to root my Razr, and there is a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for creating this solely for us!!

Now.. insert random rules violation here, A FEW CAPS LOCK HELP ME THREADS, some spam for my website, and other random annoying new guy stuff..... haha j/k

Glad to be here

Rich

#1113 LuckyPuppy

LuckyPuppy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hello all! My name is Mike (aka LuckyPuppy). I hail from the volunteer state of Tennessee! I've been on this awesome site before as a guest and thought I would go ahead and join this team. I have 3 boys and a gorgeous wife. Been back into the flashing scene for a month or so....currently running IcarusHD and really liking it. With the help of all the pro's here I've been playing with boot logo and animation changes. There is soooo much information here it's about overwhelming....but it's all here!

Thanks for everything....look forward to the ride!

#1114 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

well to formally introduce myself , I am Matt (Mattkilla) from North Cackalacky(Carolina). I've only been into the forum thing for few months,since i started indoor gardening :D . So Seriously 3 weeks ago I didn't know what "root" was?lol. Now my Razr Maxx is JB and rooted(Thanks to Mattlgroff and all the guys who put in the work).SO, My boss decided to get a Razr-M because he really wanted JB.(He was pissed when i showed him i had JB yesterday!) So he practically GAVE me his droid razr maxx xt912 3 weeks ago. I am running on a 3G network(P+) so I am kind of "Dumbing" it down per say but i had to get root in order to do it and I've been on the train ever since! This phone is amazing once you get the BS off of it. And JB is wonderful currently on Fat free bean ATM.Thanks to the few devs and great guys i've talked to for the help. The HANGOUT last night was a blast. Keep em coming. Glad to be a member of this great community!

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

#1115 r4zr0wn3r

r4zr0wn3r

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hello all!!!
Glad to see, what looks like, a very active community here at droidrzr.com.

Just joined and am looking forward to contributing.

Thanks,
Rick

#1116 b00ty_m4n

b00ty_m4n

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT908

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

What up good people? Im new on this site and am looking forward to interacting with all of you all. This is only my 2nd smartphone its a XT908 Moto RAZR MAXX/4.0.4 with the first being a A854 Moto Milestone/2.1 update1 & it was rooted so Im pretty familiar with superuser! My milestone was actually pretty easy to root and I did not do the ONE-CLICK process! But this Razr Maxx is a whole different ballgame! I tried to root using Motofail but it did not work so I was trying to see if their was a different process with a better outcome? I followed the process to the letter I thought so before attempting again I thought if I could get some more input on this it would have to help & trying to avoid a brick! I posted on XDA, droid forums and a couple more & it just scared more than I was bout screw my new phone completely! Anyway if anyone has any input that would help I would be very thankful! My carrier is Bluegrass Cellular if that matters & Verizon bought BGC bout mid-summer 2012 thats when BGC got a new lineup of kick azz phones!

#1117 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

hello, iam very new to all this, iam not very computer smart. in the last week i was able to root my razr spyder and install a custom rom, this site is awesome and many thanks to all who make this possible

#1118 RichardFW

RichardFW

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Just joined the forum. Found it looking for the timing of the Jelly Bean update.Looks like I have to wait a while longer. My previous Motorola on Verizon was a Windows OS-yuk. Went to HTC before razr. I rooted the HTC because it would never be upgraded. I don't plan to root this one until updates stop.

#1119 budmanrm

budmanrm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@budmanrm
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Hi people out there Happy New Year to all, I'm from Puerto Rico, newbie here on Motorola Razr. My carrier is Claro Puerto Rico, few days ago upgraded my Razr from GB to ICS .180 Brazil.

Nice to meet you guys or ladies (in case are anyone).

#1120 aegis-volanti

aegis-volanti

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hey everyone,
name's stephen. im a battlebots engineer, droid lover, apple smasher. looking forward to hanging around this place.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New member, dshizzel og, Introduction, please ignore my poor english, introduction, HTC incredible, new, things i need to know

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users