Photo

You Can Get Good Battery Life Out Of Your Og Razr!

battery life

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 logan3824

logan3824

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas. GO TEXANS!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

I think I'm running it....I mean it said "starting" or whatever but is there anyway to check if it's actually running?

#62 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

I think I'm running it....I mean it said "starting" or whatever but is there anyway to check if it's actually running?

This is what I've been trying to figure out, a way to know for sure that the app is actually working. Only way that I know of is if Superuser is showing permissions allowed notifications, which I am not receiving but apparently dillanshives is.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#63 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

This is what I've been trying to figure out, a way to know for sure that the app is actually working. Only way that I know of is if Superuser is showing permissions allowed notifications, which I am not receiving but apparently dillonshives is.

So what I figured out is that CPU Sleep is a essentially a script, From what I read on other threads (Arctic) the app itself is what I'm getting the notifications from, because the app is running in the background, but the service, since it is a script, will continue running. I'll DM Matt and see if he has any insight.

EDIT: Emailed the developer, figured that would eliminate my speculation. lol
  • milkshed27 likes this
If I helped you at all, don't be afraid to hit that like button! :D

#64 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Okay so this is what the developer said, "The app itself is not a script, but when you start the app and the service, it runs a script. This is why you have the option to run on boot. The script wont be deleted until the app is, but if you uncheck run at boot, and do a reboot it should stop the tweak.". I hope this helps!!

And now I know that the notification was from the app itself. Peace of mind, anyone? :D

#65 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Okay so this is what the developer said, "The app itself is not a script, but when you start the app and the service, it runs a script. This is why you have the option to run on boot. The script wont be deleted until the app is, but if you uncheck run at boot, and do a reboot it should stop the tweak.". I hope this helps!!

And now I know that the notification was from the app itself. Peace of mind, anyone? :D

Thanks for going the extra mile on this. I think the only way to tell if the app is running is just waiting and hopefully seeing better battery life. I started the app manually, got the SU prompt and checked apply on boot. I will see over the next few days what I get.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#66 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for getting that info for us. Much appreciated.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#67 logan3824

logan3824

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas. GO TEXANS!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

+1 Thanks man I appreciate it.

#68 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

No problem. Enjoy the battery life!

#69 ncwildcat

ncwildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Does cpusleep need to be a system app?? I see deep sleep when. I manually start but it doesn't autostart on boot

#70 Torin_93

Torin_93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

If CPU sleep is a script isnt there a way to find it in the file system? Would that tell us if its running?

#71 Torin_93

Torin_93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Great App! I had to disable the superuser notifications for it though, gets kind of annoying every time you turn the screen on.
Saving me tons of battery!

I dont get the super user notifications when turning the screen on and off. You think its working for me?

#72 ncwildcat

ncwildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

I never get notification...and never go into deep sleep according to cpuspy

Never mind...my $!#7ty work wifi keeping me awake...turned off wifi and all good

#73 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

This is my wife's OG RAZR on bone stock 211. She only had 1h 7m screen time but several phone calls. I also saw WiFi was on the whole time but not connected so she was running on 4G the whole time. No battery saving apps installed.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

This is my wife's OG RAZR on bone stock 211. She only had 1h 7m screen time but several phone calls. I also saw WiFi was on the whole time but not connected so she was running on 4G the whole time. No battery saving apps installed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is really similar to my mom's bionic when I've checked the battery stats

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

#75 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

That is crazy battery! Excellent.

#76 lquarles

lquarles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

I wish I could have battery life like you guys'. :( This is an original Razr running .215 set to Hotplug and with CPUSleep enabled.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Any tips?

#77 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

I wish I could have battery life like you guys'. This is an original Razr running .215 set to Hotplug and with CPUSleep enabled.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Any tips?

Have you calibrated your battery in a while? I do it every few weeks and it helps my battery greatly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#78 lquarles

lquarles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Have you calibrated your battery in a while? I do it every few weeks and it helps my battery greatly.

Just did it yesterday after installing the KOA AOKP ROM.

#79 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Just did it yesterday after installing the KOA AOKP ROM.

Oh if you just flashed a ROM your battery will be unstable for a day or two after. Should settle down soon.

#80 lquarles

lquarles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Oh if you just flashed a ROM your battery will be unstable for a day or two after. Should settle down soon.

It also affects the stock .215 side? And thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery life

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users