Photo

([ROM]) Black Widow HD for XT926 (3|20|13)

deodexed zipaligned Jellybean 4.1.1 custom dark theme blacked out system Verizon XT926

• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

#161 spideyx24

spideyx24

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

my setup wizard isn't working. Any idea what I should do?

#162 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

my setup wizard isn't working. Any idea what I should do?

did u ever check the md5 before u flashed it.. to make sure you got the full file, non corrupt?

but if you are on the correct system version and using the proper recovery version (both stated in the OP), it should flash successful no problem. ..:ph34r:

Sent from my XT926M using Tapatalk 2™

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#163 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

I used to use hot plug and Pegasus for the og Maxx so that's why I was assuming it would work. I'll do more research

wont work on the HD yet until there is Kexec working which is not up to spend and being used in ANY roms as of yet. Only devices that are working with custom kenels at this point is the Dev edition HD's not consumer version.

#164 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

Has anyone running this ROM tried messing with DSP Manager's settings with PowerAMP installed? I found that even with Direct Volume Control disabled, DSP's settings don't change any sound effects. I was able to fix this by applying a mod to DSP Manager, courtesy of

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

over at xda:

I'm still fiddling around with DSP vs PowerAMP's DVC to see which I like better - so far, the modded DSP is my favorite. Has anyone else tried this?

I've found that AC!D sound works best. There is a few different options for it even depending on your preferences. If you look into it make sure it is Version 5.0 that say " for most devices " in the thread title. Reason being is there is a few newer version out but the ywill NOT work on our device.

#165 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

wont work on the HD yet until there is Kexec working which is not up to spend and being used in ANY roms as of yet. Only devices that are working with custom kenels at this point is the Dev edition HD's not consumer version.

OK thanks a lot . Now which governor do u use on the HD there is one listed I'm not familiar with .

#166 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

awesome Rom, thanks a lot, just flashed it 2 hours ago, thanks a lot, but i want ask if anyone else feel that the WIFI and cell signal is weaker than before??

are you going to release softkeys in red?? that would be great :)

is it possible to share the wallpaper you are using in the screenshot of the wIdowHD

My Rom is wWidowHD

Thanks a lot for the wonderful Rom

#167 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

OK thanks a lot . Now which governor do u use on the HD there is one listed I'm not familiar with .

I don't use my HD a lot as i have multiple devices. However when I do and am messing with the device I'll just normally leave it at stock setting for the governor as I've yet to see any major difference when messing with it. That said i believe it is normally set to Interactive and set to Deadline. If i do change it at times just to mess with it I'll go to Ondemand and set it to Noop which runs well also

#168 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

:ph34r: updated, to new

!

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#169 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

awesome Rom, thanks a lot, just flashed it 2 hours ago, thanks a lot, but i want ask if anyone else feel that the WIFI and cell signal is weaker than before??

are you going to release softkeys in red?? that would be great :)

is it possible to share the wallpaper you are using in the screenshot of the wIdowHD

My Rom is wWidowHD

Thanks a lot for the wonderful Rom

i can make one, in red yes. and any image that is seen in a screenshot, will either be found in my BWicons pack, or to use a file manager and navigate into your System/media directory and you will find some extra goodies in there!~

glad you are enjoying it, anything else just ask~ mahalo.
  • Shenn likes this

Posted Image

#170 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

i can make one, in red yes. and any image that is seen in a screenshot, will either be found in my BWicons pack, or to use a file manager and navigate into your System/media directory and you will find some extra goodies in there!~

Thanks a lot, yes i already found the pics, we will be waiting for the softkeys thanks

#171 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

redirecting to Post

Edited by andlaw, 24 February 2013 - 12:43 PM.

• kriskokd likes this

Posted Image

#172 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

hey so i noticed a few people downloaded the bootlogo Mod. any feedback on which is preferred would be greatly appreciated~ i might try and come up with a few other designs, but for now, out of the 2 i made.. to find out which to stick with as one of the versions to make available would be cool* its very simple to do, all you will need is a PC, and it literally takes 1 minute to complete. I have also made the Mod available in post 4. .. so by all means, Enjoy! and please leave feedback~ Mahalo.

*btw, i am currently running v2 of the bootlogo's... :ph34r:
  • Shenn likes this

Posted Image

#173 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

or not. .. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#174 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

today i will report the battery performance during the last 3 days using different governor profile via CPU tuner, i feel it might help someone, or at least i would get a good advice, i really love this Rom it has been my daily drive for about 5 days now with no one issue

#175 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

i have a question if anyone have time to reply please, by mistake i downloaded theme for another Rom on wWidow rom, everything working fine, but i want back to my theme, i tried to flash resident evil again, which removed the other theme, and everything working great, but i am having double dots at the pattern lock screen which was not there before, how can i totally uninstall the theme i flashed by mistake????

thanks for help, if there is no time to reply to me, no worries the phone working perfectly.

#176 kriskokd

kriskokd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

here is a new Mod for both ROMs. This is to change the M print on boot., and will change it with my blacked out widow editions.. this is very simple to do, and you will need a PC~

simply download this file,

**check out the Readme that's included**

previews: (may look slighly different on your device)
v1: HDbootlogo
Posted Image

v2: bootlogoHD
Posted Image

Command prompt preview:
Posted Image

Just loaded it. Nice job, Much better then the red logo
  • andlaw likes this

#177 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

OK, here is my experience with CPU tuner, before installing it my battery would last about 30 hours whatever my performance, with average consumption 3.2%, so i installed CPU tuner to see how the governor would affect the battery performance.

my plan was to have 3 cycles test, with 3 profiles as follow

First day Tuesday 19/02:-
i froze Gmail application, and started using aquamail to get my e-mails on time when the sync is off, i like to use IMAP, and only aquamail (I think so) can use push while sync is off

Phone out of charge at 8:30 am

CPU Tuner profile was as follow

1) when screen off:- profile Extreme Battery saver: Mobile data: 2G, Sync: off, Wifi: off, and the rest of options left it to no change. Max CPU 594, the governor was Ondemand with 90 threshold

2) when screen on:- profile normal:- Mobile data: 2G/3G, Sync: Enable, Wifi:- Enable, Rest of options left it no change, Max Cpu 1350, Ondemand 90 threshold.

After 15 hours at 11:30 PM the batter was 46% with 3h 33m voice calls, and 2h 30m screen on which means 3.6% average consumption.

Notes:-

1) there were a lot of wakelocks from aqua mail, but i think it didn't affect the battery much as i see the performance was really good.
2) there was a bit of lagging when the screen turn on, but it was a minor thing.
3) rest of the battery cycle i was trying different things so i didnt include in my results, but anyway the phone reached 15% next day on wednesday at 3:10 PM with total calls 3h 50m and total screen time 3h 40m (the phone was on airplane mode from 12:40 am to 9:30 am.

Cycle 2: profiles are same the only thing i changes was using interactive instead of ondemand governor. the phone was out of charge on Wednesday at 9:45 PM, after 1d 3h 30m the battery reached 45% with voice calls just 24m and screen on for 1h only (it was very light day). the rest of the cycle again i was trying other things, but the phone reached 15% on Friday afternoon at 2:45 PM that is 2d 5h with total calls just 45m and total screen just 2h which i think very light use, but my phone never ever last form more than 36h hours before whatever my performance was.

Notes:-

1) the second cycle was very light use unfortunately, there is around 12h difference between both profiles in favor of the interactive, while i used the mobile by 3h calls and 2h screen more in the first profile than the second, so the comparison is a bit difficult, but i have feeling that if used the mobile in the second cycle the same way i used in the first cycle it would last longer than 15h to reach the 45% battery, so i am going to stick to interactive governor.

I have noted 2 things which i would appreciate if someone would help me

1) my battery consumption is much faster after i reach 50%, is it the same with everyone else??
2) my battery in the last 4 or 5 cycles once it reach 15% it drains to 5% in just 10 minutes!!!!!! any clue???

#178 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

on the third cycle which will start today i will freeze aqua mail to get rid of the wake locks and will defrost Gmail app, and in CPU tuner i will let the sync enabled when screen off, this should let me know what is better to have sync on all time, or to have the huge numbers of aqua mail waklocks, i will post later the status of the third cycle

#179 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

but i am having double dots at the pattern lock screen which was not there before

thanks for help, if there is no time to reply to me, no worries the phone working perfectly.

anytime stuff like this happens, reboot into recovery and flash the ROM, no wipes.

Posted Image

#180 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

anytime stuff like this happens, reboot into recovery and flash the ROM, no wipes.

Thanks a lot, i will do it but that wouldn't delete any data i guess?? i mean i will not need to set the phone up again and download all the apps again as there is no wipe, right?? sorry for being newbie and asking questions might be obvious.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deodexed, zipaligned, Jellybean 4.1.1, custom dark theme, blacked out system, Verizon XT926

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users