Photo

([ROM]) Black Widow HD for XT926 (3|20|13)

deodexed zipaligned Jellybean 4.1.1 custom dark theme blacked out system Verizon XT926

• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

#341 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

That was fast!!! I have one question in general, its not specifically about this rom, but when I click on Disable HW overlays in Dev Options and reboot it becomes unchecked again... This has been happening for several weeks now and it doesnt matter what rom I am on or if Im on stockJB. It used to stay checked(disabled), and I even did a complete restore of my phone via RazrHD Utitlity 1.10 and this still happens. Force GPU rendering stays after reboots so not sure what is going on. Its not a big issue but maybe you have some insight on why this happens and if it can be fixed. It seems that when I disable hw overlays and play a movie to my tv with HDMI it usually looks a lot better on the tv.
Almost done DLing the fixed rom so about to flash now. Thanks again for the great and prompt support!

yeah im really not too sure. Some stuff after being deodexed just quits working, or doesnt work to the fullest~ i know back in Aosp, in the earlier builds of Aokp and CM9 when we had the init.d options in ROM control and what not, you would select an option and after a reboot the option would be unchecked...... its just apart of the ROM game~ hope its not too big of a deal though., i dont mess with any of the options and when i plug in my HDMI and watch netflix it takes a minute but it goes into HD and i cant really tell a difference~ but, yeah... lemme know how the new build goes~ thanks again for the feedback. and your welcome* BW FTW!!!!! !!

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#342 y2kbadbug

y2kbadbug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

So you can't even restore your settings for other apps? You have to reconfigure them each time?

#343 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

So you can't even restore your settings for other apps? You have to reconfigure them each time?

If you have TiBu, you can restore your backups... just choose App only! not (app+data). Its always important to pay attention to which apps your restoring as well, you will want to make sure you avoid restoring other system/apps from other ROMs (example but not limited to: phone, contacts, calendar, settings, etc)... You will however want to restore apps that you would normally download from Play to make it easier on yourself. but again, its better to only restore App only, not App+data. You do this to avoid and minimize any possibilities of force closes and any other unwanted behavior, due to loading cached data from another ROM. That is why i always recommend installing the ROM from a full wipe, to ensure you will get the best experience possible while running BW ROMs. :ph34r:

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#344 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

What is the difference between this ROM and whitewidow? I read both threads but I am curious to hear everybody's opinion ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#345 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

What is the difference between this ROM and whitewidow? I read both threads but I am curious to hear everybody's opinion ?

advice*, other than flash them both and see... I would open both threads up and compare the OP's... they are pretty much the same now that I went back through them.. BW only has reboot. wWidow has reboot and hot reboot. BW is stock themed just inverted (meaning it still has blue in it), wWidow is themed all black and white.

you are asking people a question that is opinionated, so I would do as I suggested, look at the OPs, look at the screenshots, see which you think you like more.. then flash it and see~ :ph34r:

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD™

Posted Image

#346 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Makes sense.... are we now able to flash the black widow mods on white widow?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#347 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Makes sense.... are we now able to flash the black widow mods on white widow?

lol uhhh no... i pulled wWidowHD from post 2 and created it in its own thread for a reason :ph34r:
pretty sure i've stated that each ROMs Mods are for their own ROM, not to flash Mods for one build on another tho..

Posted Image

#348 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

I know I saw that a few times... I guess I misunderstood part of the OP on a thread at XDA where you mentioned mods on another ROM black widow.. I'm dying for a few mods like 5 button.... thanks for clearong that up gjot

#349 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

I know I saw that a few times... I guess I misunderstood part of the OP on a thread at XDA where you mentioned mods on another ROM black widow.. I'm dying for a few mods like 5 button.... thanks for clearong that up gjot

yeah on XDA i have my wWidowHD ROM posted, but not my BW HD ROM, so i have this posted at the bottom of the OP. ...
(I also have another ROM w/ Mods to choose from for the XT926, ([ Black Widow HD ]) *OG link can be found

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

as reference*)

but anyways, yes just avoid flashing any OLD Mods or any Mods that are for the other BW ROM~

Posted Image

#350 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

Last question... I see the 3-18 links for the blue soft key mods are down?

#351 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

Last question... I see the 3-18 links for the blue soft key mods are down?

yeah... i never got around to uploading the finished update to that Mod. any Mod that you see that is still there but linkless, means there is an update that will be incoming for it~ all in due time** I have been pretty damn busy these past couple days getting all 3 of my current builds updated and released to the community! All Errors and force closes on first boot are now fixed! Gmail account sync in device setup is now there again.... $#!+ is the darkest ive themed a ROM to date (all 3 builds pretty much the same), got the extended power menu with Hot/Reboot modded in.... i been busy! but anywhoooo, i will make that Mod and get it updated in there in a few minutes!

right now i am updating the screenshots for White Widow thread.

Posted Image

#352 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

kk, post

has been updated with some goodies >.>
Enjoy!~

Posted Image

#353 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Well I saw Andlaw's posts on the reply and as I agree to an extent I don't entirely. IMHO part of the issue is the way ppl use backup software which is what causes more issues then anything imo, specially TiBu. The main problem comes from the fact when folks do a backup they are not paying attention to what it is backing up. Speaking for myself I only backup downloaded/installed APPs. Never & I mean NEVER backup any app that is part of /system. That is where alot the problems come from on restoring Apps & Data after a ROM install. I've been a crackflasher since the Org Droid, and to this day I still have App backups & data settings of things I restore since then without issue. Obviously that means stuff has been restored and backed up on multiple different ROMs or different versions of Android even.

Now with that said the key to NOT having issue from what I've found over the yrs is DO NOT install App & Data at the same time just to start with. After a full wipe & ROM install I'll go in and use the backup software ( My Backup Pro ) and restore Apps only, once finished reboot. After the reboot I go back into same software but restore Data only for the specific apps I selected prior to be installed then reboot again. Done deal device is pretty much ready to roll excepts for any settings I need to do to the ROM itself ( ie Settings Menu, sounds, Location.....etc). In closing I'm not hear to question or say other ppl are not right I'm just commenting on my personal experience in messing with this stuff for so long on multiple devices & platforms

#354 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

:ph34r:

Posted Image

#355 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

updated ROM zip incoming!! the only thing i have changed around in this Final version would be the lockscreen! I have decided to go back and remove the lockscreen text that is seen underneath of the app icons (Phone, Unlock, Camera, and Text). IMO this makes the screen cleaner, and we already know what the function is from the icon, dont need to read what it is as well lol.... but the update will be available shortly! and the wWidow HD zip got updated with an updated SystemUI. i will post in that thread for that update now too.... :ph34r:

Posted Image

#356 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

I could have swore that the nav bar button mods were. Back home recent menu at some point? Any chance of attaining such a zip? :)

#357 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

whats happening in this thread that my gmail seems to want to yell at me all the time :P new update? where? ;)

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#358 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

whats happening in this thread that my gmail seems to want to yell at me all the time :P new update? where? ;)

heh, yes I decided to update this along with wWidow HD. Its got the reboot mod, I blacked out the notification panel, removed lock screen text, Integrated some of the main 4.2 apps in, and updated all the others. .. overall making this update a must have! I've actually been running it again lately, but now I'm back on my wWidow rom~

54.77KB   19 downloads

Posted Image

#359 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

haha oh look you gave in to the people who have been wanting a battery icon?;p haha i would just delete all the icons haha have a nice blank status bar ;)

looking good andlaw :) im trying a couple things for a rom right now, might need to jump on this soon, thank you :)
  • andlaw likes this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#360 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

haha oh look you gave in to the people who have been wanting a battery icon?;p haha i would just delete all the icons haha have a nice blank status bar ;)

looking good andlaw :) im trying a couple things for a rom right now, might need to jump on this soon, thank you :)

heh! yeah.. luckily Wulf based the theme off it this time and I had to go back and fix up systemUI so he could have a battery icon.. so I said f%$k it and threw together a white wWidow roboto battery Mod, and I just completed the conversion of the circle Mod for wWidow... as you can see, but yes its now as simple as deleting the icons if I no longer want the battery mod in there~

54.27KB   13 downloads

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deodexed, zipaligned, Jellybean 4.1.1, custom dark theme, blacked out system, Verizon XT926

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users